The Corsykann Gladitorium

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown
Mood: Disappointed

Re: The Corsykann Gladitorium

Post by Akuhyou »

"Why do you cower human? You are right to fear me but I am not here for you. And there's no need to fear for your business yes? I'm am willing to pay just like any other." Akka sighed slightly, none of these animals were even remotely up to her standards but she hadn't much choice. She had barely eaten anything these past few days and she knew it was affecting her already short temper. Too busy looking after Destend, she spent most of her hunting time finding food for him even though he insisted he could make due on his own. Rabbits and field mice weren't much sustenance for a creature her size.

"Eugh, this horse here then. Come, you humans like gold and jewels no?" Almost immediately, the stable master's eyes lit up and his fear was almost completely forgotten. "Oh yes my dear. Gold and jewels indeed! And might I say, you've got a fine eye for detail. This horse here, he's my second best aside from Shadow. Yes yes." Akka grunted slightly in response before indicating for him to hold out his hands. She reached into a weighted leather pouch she wore around her neck and pulled out a clawful of gold pieces and an assortment of gems. She dropped them into his hands, chinking noisily as they overflowed and fell to the floor.

As Akka turned to retrieve her horse she suddenly felt something...wrong. 'What is this?' She turned aside, looking towards the doorway. "Human, put reins on this horse so I can lead it from here. I expect this to be done before I return.. Or else my fare shall be returned." She stepped out of the stables to find Crep with some strange shadowy creature at his feet. She heard him say 'Akka Rokuru and Destend?' and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. 'I don't know who this person is, but he delves in the dark arts that much I can tell.. Neither is he well, of mind anyway. Hmph. "Well, what a peculiar sight this is. I'd introduce myself but it seems you already know my name. So, what is it that you want with me?"
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

Post by DWDruid »

I turned to look as the dragon approached and spoke to me. Without any sign of insterest I replied, "Nothing, I want nothing to do with you. I care not for who you are, what you are, or what you want. It's your own shadow here," at this point I reached my hand for the shadow on the ground, and it quickly took the chance to slither up my body like a great serpent and rest curled around my arm. I continued talking, ", thiscreature is the one who thought that I would like to know about you, trying to whisper to me the darkest secrets and evil sins of your past. Even though I don't, and even will give a DAMN!" With a flash of anger I threw the shadow back apond the ground and sent a flash a pure light straight at it. In fear, it quickly slithered back to the dragon and once again took its natural position undernath her. As I took control of emotions, I finished with "So you see, I don't care for you or your companion in any stretch of the imagination, and I will strive to keep it that way." I turned back Shadow and continued to place his saddle upon him.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Akka raised an eyebrow in slight interest. Seems her shadow had a will of its own and was inclined to tell all about her. "Secrets huh? Well then, I have nothing to hide, so don't mind me." She watched, un-phased as you threw her shadow to the ground and attacked it. She shifted slightly as it resumed its position and suddenly began laughing. It started out quietly but soon became loud, as though someone had just told her the funniest joke. "Ahahah! You know, I believe you seem to think that I am some sort of lesser beast. Naught more than a horse if you will. Hmph, one should take a look in a mirror before casting out accusations." She growled slightly but kept her emotions in check. "I don't know what your problem is but don't think for a second that your emotional outbursts are gonna frighten me. Try living for a few centuries and then take the time to look around you. You'll see just exactly who the stupid beasts are."

She turned away with a flick of her tail and went back into the stables. She retrieved her horse and led it away, and over the animal's struggling she could be heard muttering something more to herself than anything. "Such a saddening state the times have come to... Almost pathetic once you really get down to it..."
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I barely paid atention as the dragon left, hardly phased by her words. People were stupid beasts?, I've kown that for years! How can I not, with every dak memory, evil thought, terrible sin, and sinister intention being whispered to me every dwaking day of my life! Evey heart is coruptable, and already corupted. I have never known a single pure heart because they don't exist. I too mumbled to myself, "Trust me. I have no more allusions about the stain of life that every race is apart of, I've never had any hope about anybody."

AS I lead Shadow away, the sunbegan to peek over the nearby buildings. Dawn had approached and I had to go to the Gladitorium. Perhaps I could work out a few more fights to help pay for Shadow today. I handed the large beast to a tenant outside and made my way to my private quaters.
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: I will get a bio for him put up later on. Sorry, was awful busy these past few days.
A quick description would more or less be that Destend's practically Akka's opposite. In almost every way in terms of mannerisms, attitude, past life, emotional state, etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Destend
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235 lbs
Species: Naga(Lamia, whichever)
Hair/Mane Colour: N/A
Eye Colour: White(Orange before blindness)
Body/Base Colour: Light Brown with black/brown stripes down his neck and chest(most comparable to an indian cobra in looks)
Magic Type: Shadow Summoning/Evocation(advanced/complete), Puppeteer(advanced/complete)
Weapon: Claws, venomous fangs, staff, shadows
Weaknesses: The usual stuff(swords, guns, etc.), iron.
Home World: Earth(mid 14th century)

Destend had decided to follow his better judgement and not risk his death in battle. That or risk people knowing the truth. He certainly didn't want Akka to find out.. With all these thoughts in mind, he slept, though fitfully. He awoke at sunrise to find Akka still wasn't back yet. "Knowing her, she's probably out picking a fight with some poor guy. ...... Huuuungry..." He sat up in bed and rubbed his belly as it growled before he went and washed up. Then he set about dressing himself in a simple yet intricately adorned shirt and his own set of 'jewelry' which consisted of simple gold plated bracers. Once dressed he considered whether going out alone would be a good idea or not. There was no telling what kinds of people he might run into. But then again, he was hungry and hungry usually bests better judgement. And with that he left the room and closed the door behind himself with a flick of his tail, took the equivalent of three steps and nearly bumped into Crep. "Ah oh, sorry about that. Didn't notice you..." As he spoke, he seemed to get quieter and became less of his normally cheery self as he began to pick up on the aura of the person before him. He backed off and turned his head away as though he were trying to get away from something. 'Ah god... Wh-what is this? So much bloodshed and death... Cries of those whose suffering should have ended long ago...' Destend held his head as though he were in pain, suddenly no longer hungry but rather quite the opposite. "Why..."

Akka had taken her fill of the horse and given the remainder to a pack of wild dogs that was bold enough to approach as she fed. She admired that, even though they were a scruffy and emaciated lot. After eating she slept outside somewhere, knowing no one would dare try bothering her and woke as the first rays of sun began to peek over the horizon. She lounged and watched it, almost respectively. She could draw in energy from the sun on occasion to supplement her fire but rarely does so. After a moment or two Akka rose, two extra feet of height added on as she stood on her hindlegs. She stretched and flexed her wings and fore claws before walking back to the Gladitorium.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I glared at the naga creature that nearly touched, but soon realized that it was useless for its eyes were a blank milky white, blindness. Thinking back, I remembered what the shadows told me before about the companion of the dragon and that it was a naga itself. Was this the same companion? I had never seen this particular individual before so he must have been. When the naga turned away, I almost wanted to give a humorless laugh, whatever senses this boy had in compensation for his sight, he must have sensed something he didn't want to from my person.

Almost passing him, I turned back and said, "If your Destend, the companion of that short-tempered dragon, I'd advise you to keep her on a shorter leash. Those who make too much trouble around will find themselves among the dead prematurely. No matter how powerful she is, there are those here who stamp her out like any other insect in the street." With those words, I left him alone and made my way to my private quaters. Typically these special rooms are only reserved for those who have to live at the collisium or for larger species, but some regulars like myself have earned their own from hard work in the battles. As I settle down in the room's chair, I rested for a moment before calling out, "Farok!" It was then that a short otter-morph dressed in a imple white robecame rushing in hold a clipboard. Farok came with the room, a sort of personal servent to see to my needs and organize my fights, annoying most of the time but he did have if uses. "Yes, Mr. Eclipse sir! Here I am, sir!" he exclaimed in a squeaky excitable voice. He was always in a nervous state around me, but by now I was used to it by most people wo know my reputation by now. Ignoring his useless prattle, I continued, "What's on today's schedule?"

"W-we-well sir! You are scheduled to fight againist a group of five barbarians who came in two weeks ago this morning, your expected to battle an experienced mage in the afternoon, and then you're open to any private challenges after that f you inte-", "I'm interested." I replied, the better to pay for my new beast. "Of course sir! I'll put it down sir. One more thing sir. They say that an extraordinary dragon has signed up into the Gladitorium's roster, are you sure you can take such a creature sir!" I groaned out load, when will I be freed from hearing of that blasted dragon! Turning to Farok, I said with a killing look, "I thought you smart enough to never doubt my abilities by now. Perhaps I should ask for a replacement?" As he started to stutter out an apology, I held up a paw and continued, "About the dragon, even if she is as powerful as people around here think she is, she is nowhere near any position to challenge me. She's new, therefore she would still have to fight her way up the roster here before she is anywhere near my level. But yu know this already, so go while I'm feeling merciful." He almost tripped over himself in his rush to leave the room, once again leaving me to my lonely existence. I rolled out a mat I stored away and twisted into my meditation pose in preparation for today's matches.
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Destend let out a sigh, relieved but still far from settled. That man, creature..whatever it was..was gone for now. He shuddered slightly as he recalled the emotions he'd felt and immediately knew whatever the cost, it was best to keep his distance. "I can't let Akka fight him.. But darn it, she'd rather die than forfeit... Perhaps I could enter the challenges with her? Heh, she'd probably just laugh at the thought.." He sighed again and leaned back against the wall. "Why not just enter anyway? You could even fight against her... Your precious little dragon..." Destend sat up before going back into the room. "Just shut up! Shut up! Arg... She's not my precious anything. Just a friend, so you can stop filling my head with your abject nonsense!" He sat on the edge of his bed, one hand holding his head, the other gripping the thin sheets. Truly, if there had been anything he absolutely hated, it was this part of himself. Something of a split personality if you could call it that or perhaps one's own personal demon. Either way, he couldn't stand the thing though he'd managed to keep it from surfacing except under the most stressful of conditions. And so far, no one but his closest family knew of it, not even Akka did and he planned to keep it that way. He pushed the voice away, locking it and its 'less than desirable suggestions' away as he got up from the bed. "I suppose one can't attempt to play the innocent and yet never be haunted themselves..." He left the room and made his way downstairs, determined to sign up as well AND help Akka in her challenges no matter what anyone thought.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

(Right, let's start the wheels of this RP.)

Aranus stood in his personal chamber at the pinnacle of the Gladitorium. He'd see the hordes of newcomers who swarmed to compete in the games. The tournament of the Grandmaster certainly had attracted many, and even some of the more frequent competitors who he hadn't had a chance to brawl with yet seemed to look as a decent challenge.

Kamon was strolling along some stalls in a nearby marketplace when he had the feeling that he was being watched. Turning, he saw them, stood there, motionless. Had their cloaks not have been billowing in the wind, they could have passed as sculptures. Placing a few gold coins on the nearest stall, he picked up an apple and casually began to eat it as he marched toward the cloaked figures. The deep voiced one spoke first.

"A bit old for gladiator combat, aren't you?"

Kamo replied, "Of course not. My experience will be an advantage. Besides, I'm sure you know as well as I do what happened when you took on my apprentice in a gladiator styled bout.

He scowled, but before he could make a retort, the authorative one spoke up.
"Why are you here, Kadmon? You belong with books and students. Leave gladiatorial combat to the mighty warriors."

"Well, when did might become superior to magic? Face it. I'm competing. You pray that I'm not your first opponent." With that, Kamon turned and walked away.

The Arena head looked at the list of registered combatants, and smiled. Aranus would be entertained. He prepared to call the competitors to the ring, but first checked the pre-registered warriors. All but one had turned up. This could be an unfair advantage to his first opponent if he didn't show up, so he had to hope for the best. He pressed a button, and a loud siren wailed over the gladitorium and its surroundings. Soon, all the competitors would gather, ready for the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: I borrowed some info from Alan F. Troop's novel called Dragon Moon for my info about the four dragon species later mentioned here. Hope no one minds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akka sauntered leisurely towards the Gladitorium, apparently in one of the best mood she'd ever been in since starting her quest. And if that statement weren't enough proof, the cart she pushed along and the grateful old man and his grandson accompanying it had to have been. She came across the farmer and boy earlier in the day, their well used horse finally having given up the ghost while on their way to town. She didn't pay them much attention at first until she saw the look of utter awe on the boy's face. Obviously he'd never seen a dragon before and was quick to dart up and begin asking questions. Akka chose to humor the child, letting him ride upon her back as she pushed the cart to town. The boy's questions seemed to have no end and Akka, finding this to be quite amusing and enjoyable, had an answer for them all.

"What kind of dragon are you?"
"An Undrae and Zal mix. The species of dragons on my home world were the Thryll, the Pelk and the Undrae and Zal. The Thryll were the smallest and kept to the air, the Pelk were the sea dwellers, and the Undrae lived on the land and cultivated heards of beasts. And the Zal were the largest and the only type able to breath fire. But I have come across other completely different dragons in my travels."

"So, you breath fire then? How?"
"From birth, the Zal all carry a flame deep within their bodies. Some say it is their soul, others their heart. If this fire was ever to be extinguished, say through some form of magic or mystical water, they will die not long after. Much like cooling magma, the mightiest of them become stone as a result. And since I am half Zal, this applies to me as well."

Oh wow... Cool! You don't drink water then? What do you eat? Does the food you become like fuel then? For your fire that is?"
"Well, I get more than enough water from the things I eat, which would be large mammals mostly and occasionally some fish. And yes, it does fuel my fire which is both a boon and a curse. My fire strengthens me and provides an upper hand in combat but it is also a burden. If don't eat, eventually it will begin to consume the only thing available. Me."

"Ouch... Well that doesn't sound very fun... Can't you just turn it off or whatever?"
"No. Just as I said earlier, it is my life force. I can't live without it."

The questions continued on for a while longer and soon they reached town just as a loud siren sang out. Akka looked up, noting it was coming from the direction of the Gladitorium. "Ah, it seems things have finally begun... Well, I must take my leave then child." She crouched down to let him off, nodded to the old man, and made her leave. Running, jumping and weaving through stalls and over crowds she soon made it to her destination and entered to find Destend in the midst of a heated argument with an official.

Destend resisted the urge to hiss as he pressed his side in all this. He only wanted to sign up as Akka's partner. Why were humans such obstinate and thick-headed creatures? "You aren't listening you know. I came here with her, I am her partner. I forgot to sign up earlier but its obvious that I want to. What do you care that I want to go out there risking life and limb? Just put my name on the stupid roster!"

The official sniffed dismissively. "I'm sorry...sir... But entrees are no longer being accepted at this time. Maybe you can try again during the next tournament."

Akka came up behind Destend, completely silent despite her size and nudged his shoulder. "Aye, what's going here then? You? Arguing?"

Destend started at first but quickly regained his composure. He turned to face Akka, dismissing the now frightened official, took a deep breath and spoke with all the composure that he could muster. "Akka, I'm entering this tournament. One way or the other, its going to happen. I won't let you go out there alone."

Akka sat back on her haunches and rested her arms on her knees, her expression appeared to be of one who was thinking on something most important. "Hmm... Mmmmmm... Ahh... Fine." She shrugged and then noticed his expression, utter disbelief. "What? You want me to say no? Its your life, your mind, your body. Your sanity. Your safety. Its all yours to do with as you please, not mine. You! Human! Sign him up already! I ate well last night but I can manage to make room for one of you disease ridden beasts! Namely you. Now step to it!" As she spoke she seemed to become less and less of the light-hearted creature she previously was and becoming more and more irritable, impatient, and fierce.

The official scrambled to do as she said, much more willing to risk his job than his life as he entered Destend's name into the roster next to Akka's. The dragon stood silently, thin tendrils of smoke wafting from her nostrils as she waited, watching until the man looked up and gave her a meek 'He's good to go miss...'. She snorted and stalked off without a word, leaving Destend and a group of awed, cowed and generally nosy people of differing species behind as she headed for the waiting area.

Destend followed along at a safe distance, his head hung low. He didn't expect this, not at all. "Oh boy... looks like you've done it now..." He simply sighed, all of a sudden he just didn't have the energy to argue and he simply just didn't feel up to it.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I dead to the world within my meditation, lost wandering the dark releam of my own mind as I concentrated on not but my inner thoughts and feelings. I was oblivious to all else around me, deaf to the rambling outside as the simple mortals prepared for the upcoming tournament, shunning the whispers of shadow and spirit alike, only transending deeper, deeper, and deeper into oblivion. And yet, not within this total void of nothingness could protect me from the intrusion of Farok. "Mr. Eclipse, sir! Mr. Eclipse!" And if that were not enough he proceeded to pound upon the door to my room, shaking me out of the unconsious drifting of my mind. Annoyed from the premature ending of my meditation and barely containing a flash of rage, I opened my door to reveal the easily excited otter. "What is it!" I hissed through clenched fangs. He quickly realized he caught my at a bad time and quickly bowed his head forward, "A thousand apologies sir, but I bring news of the tournament. From what I've heard, another participate entered at the very last minute as a companion of the dragon of whom we soke of before. They say it was some strange nage-like being" I sighed and motioned him away with my hand, "I see. Now leave me be." He gave another quick bow and hurried down the hall as fast as his short legs could carry him.

Closing the door behind me, I stared into my room's mirror and pondered what I had just learned. So the naga, that Destend character, he was to join along side the she-dragon. That would create just a bit more difficulty if we are to face each other in combat, though not by much. In fact, I might even be able to use the little reptile's pressence to my advantage. But I had no time for scheming or planning at the moment, they would need me in the arena soon and so I'd better get ready. Calling upon the shadows around me, they rushed forward with the pieces of my gladiator gear and began placing it them all along my body. A simple black robe around my person, and silver pieces of armor placed upon my legs, arms and over my chest. Next came the black cloak, enchanted to protect me from certain elemental magics and with the hood up to create the mysterious look that caused some opponets to tremble in terror. Another section of cloth over my muzzle to further hide and protect my face, and Eclipse, one of the greatest warroirs the Corskann Gladitorium currently possessed, was ready for anything and everthing to be thrown at him.
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Sorry sorry. Was hoping Thunderclaw would have posted soon. Times have gotten terribly busy..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akka snorted, refusing to acknowledge Destend or any of his attempts to make conversation. She couldn't understand what it was that had gotten her so worked up when he said he wanted to join in the fighting. Well so be it, she was not his nursemaid. If he wanted to fight, then chances were he knew how to defend himself as well.

Destend sighed and then shrugged, this was his tenth try at conversing with her and he was fresh out of conversation ideas. 'I suppose I'll just practice a bit then.' He laid his staff across his lap and began to go over his various spells in his head, deciding which of the creatures in his repertoire weren't as taxing to call upon, and verifying his ability and readiness to do this. 'Keeping to the shadows is probably my best bet to avoid a lot of the fighting... I can pick off those I need to from a distance as well.' He looked over at Akka, saw how annoyed she was, and knew that the first opponents she faced wouldn't be walking out of this place.

Akka roared slightly, startling some of the competitors closest to her. She knew some were in awe. Others feared her, as they should. And some were admiring her hide, figuring they'd make a nice set of armor from it. She growled, growing impatient and ever more frustrated but she kept herself in line. 'Grahh! If my father were here, he'd have killed all these fools in a single breath and taken the prize for his own!' She turned her head to side slightly, regarding Destend through one eye but looking away before he could notice. 'My weakest point... Yes, this is what you have become... They will seek to use you against me. I have to protect you if I hope to have any chance of winning now...'
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

At last the gladiator ring was filled with competitors, all shapes and sizes, each armoured in a unique way. It was clear to tell that the competitors had each been at the forefront of battles, and had each customised their armour and weapons for their own personal style. There wasn't a single piece of gear in the entire ring that had been bought straight from a market to be used. Even the more crafty opponents who used an assortment of knives and throwing weapons had their own styled weapons. The only sign of contingency in the entire ring was that of the staff of the Gladitorium, and ten cloaked people. The arena head knew from experience that these were probably the legendary cloaked "heroes" of the bounty hunter clan, the cloaked hunters. Although they all wore the same cloaks, their weapons would be different, and the armour under the cloaks probably was as well.

After a few minutes, the contestants began getting restless. There was still one competitor to enter. The arena head turned to the contenders and spoke.
"We are sorry for this delay, but there is still one more competitor to arrive. We shall give him five minutes, and after that..."

One of the doors to the ring slid open. The arena head turned, along with the competitors who had heard the opening of the door, to see the one final contender walk in.

The man stood at 1.66 metres, with blond hair, spiked at the front whilst straight at the back. He wore a tattered red cloak around him, with very little armour underneath.He wore a tan brown top with a few streaks of red fabric wrapped around, and a tail flick in a bright crimson, contrasting with his navy blue trousers. He only had shoulder plates, knee plates and a gauntlet on one arm, his right, with a curious insignia engraved on to it. For a late entry, most of the contenders had been expecting a man in heavy plated armour, a formidable tank of a person. When they saw this, a lot of the burlier men broke in to an uproar that the competition's start had been postponed by this pathetic excuse for a gladiator. The arena head raised his hand , hushing the hullabaloo whilst he started the tournament.

"We are grateful that you have all joined us this day in order to fight in the grand tournament we have laid before you. Very few have the makings of a true champion, and their strengths are forever honoured in this hall. You have all come with wishes of glory and riches, grandeur beyond imagination; but take heed. This isn't the same gladiatorial combat that you shall face. Each round, you will be given a certain handicap or challenge, and you shall have to fight your opponent in this state. After we have managed to eliminate the stragglers, who have greater imagination for their skills than they can deliver, you will begin entering further bouts with each other, where it will be strength against strength, no handicaps, no challenges, just an all-out battle royale. Once the battle royale has ended, only twelve will remain. Each of you will then enter an elimination challenge. You will not be fighting yourselves at this time, but demons."
The arena head paused as the gladiators whispered amongst themselves.
"This will narrow you down to six, and from there, it will be three straight forward battles. Two three versus threes, followed up by a final fight between the last two opponents! The winner will then go down as champion, ad earn the title of Grandmaster!"

A flurry of cheers exploded from the hordes of warriors, all eager to grab that title. Hushing them down once more, the arena head continued.
"The ground rules are simple. Number one, you may not fight any competitor outside of your designated battles. Anyone doing so will be disqualified. Number two, a competitor may forfit at any time by submitting to defeat, and addressing their opponent as a better warrior. If this is done, the player who called out shall leave the tournament. If this event is recorded and yet the opponent of the forfeiter kills them regardless, that player shall be disqualified. Number three, you are all responsible for your own health. You may have a team to support you, but the Gladitorium takes no responsibility for injuries in battle. If a competitor fails to have left or arrived at the ring five minutes before or after combat, they will be disqualified regardless. A support team can take a collapsed competitor out of the ring, but the competitor must enter the ring alone. Number four, anyone who injures any non-combatant will be disqualified for civilian harm. And finally number five. Anyone who sabotages their opponent in any way outside the ring will be disqualified. This can be through adding a substance to the competitor without their knowing, bribing the opponent or their support team, feeding them false information, and other things that interfere with the competitor. However, interaction between people is not forbidden."

"Now, on to the rules of round one. Each entry will randomly be paired to fight another, and you will see the matchups on the screen in the centre of the ring." He pointed up at the huge monitors that enabled everyone in a seat at the gladitorium to see what was going on. "With the numbers at the moment, it will only show the match ups of the day. Then, it will randomly generate a handicap for you to fight in. The first fight shall be in an hour, and each fight after that every hour. If a battle has not concluded after thirty minutes, then a series of judges will vote for who they believe was the better fighter. There are a few cases where both will go through, but that is rare. Now then, let us begin the Tournament of Champions!"

Anticipation rushed through the crowd as the first four fights began to form, letter by letter, to make names.

Round 1: Destend Vs. Hyakura Shigo

Round 2: Cloud Mythsong Vs. Renn Kurinia

Round 3: Gaia Vs. Chypthilan

Round 4: Roberto Evans Vs. Eclipse

The cloaked figure with the feminine voice squealed as her codename appeared in round three. Other contestants either groaned or gave out loud cheers that their name came up in the first four rounds. Then, all the names moved to one side of the screen, as the other half became a large slot machine screen, flicing rapidly through words, before slowing and stopping with the word "BLIND."

"There you have it. These first four fights will be fought blindfolded! A difficult challenge for some, but there you have it. These competitors have one hour to prepare for combat. At the beginning of round four, the next four and their challenge will be called out, and they shall have an hour to prepare before they are expected to be on the gladiator floor. All other competitors should be at round four, the other matches are optional to be watched. Destend, Hyakura. You are the first two to face this year's tournament. Prepare swiftly, knowing that you will be facing each other as well as the pressure of the crowds. They all want a spectacular opening, so don't let them down. The hour for preparation starts now!"

At that moment, all the competitors in the first rounds sped off to gear themselves for their blind fight.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: So, I had a question Thunderclaw. There won't be any partner battles then? Like one team competing against another?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Destend looked up, surprised that he had been called for the very first fight. And to make things even better it was apparently a blind fight. "Looks like today is going in my favour... Well, guess I'll go see about getting ready. Hyakura Shigo, I wonder who that is?" He turned, trying to sense out where Akka was but it appeared that she had already left the arena, leaving him on his own. "Oh.. Okay then, I guess she's still mad at me..." He sighed and made his way out of the arena, wondering who his first opponent was and how things would go for him. He certainly had no desire to kill anyone, or be killed himself. It just wasn't in his nature to hurt others, but he had to do this. For Akka's sake at least.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

OOC: There very well could be. It falls under a challenge, so tag teams could occur during the first sets of rounds.

The cloaked figure known as Gaia was thrilled at her luck. Not only did she have a fight in the first set of battles, but when the fight was blind, she could have a considerable chance, even if she were up against a stronger opponent. Silence, patience and well built-up senses would be her way to victory. Gaia, already prepared, stepped on to the Glaidator floor waiting room after only ten minutes of preparation.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

"So I am one of those chosen for the first set of rounds?" Crep thought to himself. This was good news for him, he would be able to heal and ret up in between battles and still be able to study the fighting techniques of his future opponets. The naga, Destend, was even in the first match, but that was not important now. To fight blind? That would be simple enough. You don't need eyes to sense another's soul, and the surrounding shadows and spirits would guide him. Whoever this 'Roberto Evans' was had better prepare himself, or if not, at least be wise enough to know when to surrender before he falls victim to the dark power of Eclipse.
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

After a while of fruitless wandering and finally finding someone who was willing to help him, Destend had made his way to the waiting room, finding a few others there as well. He had no idea who his opponent was but he knew he'd do his utmost best to win. If anything, he had the advantage in a fight like this. He had been blind for as long as he could remember but that didn't mean he was completely without sight. But not 'sight' in the traditional sense, but rather sight through the use of smell, vibration and infrared. But he knew that with all the creatures here, there were too many mixed scents for him to easily pick out his opponent's during the fight unless he knew it beforehand. And that meant meeting his opponent now while there were just a few people around. "Umm, hello? My name's Destend, I'm going into the first match against someone named Hyakura Shigo I believe.. Are they here?" He smiled in a way he hoped seemed harmless as he waited to see what would be the response, if any at all.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: So... Is this RP dead? I'm sad...
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony