In Another Universe

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.
Mood: Disappointed

Re: In Another Universe

Post by Cain »

OOC: unfortunately i still cannot post my own, so boys; SLOW DOWN. i've been very irratable lately, so dont tempt me, i dont want to sound like a witch, but im very...easily angered right now. Wait for the others as well as myslef who created this. Thank you.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

OOC: I guess I can limit myself to just one post a day so other rpers can post.

Mario was becoming tired of that joke, having heard it at least fifty times before. Then the shadow itself stole his things from right off of him. "Hey!" he shouted at Kyle, though he had only assumed it was the shapeshifter's magic causing this. But he refrained from retrieving the items. Fear of what other dark magic the being knew being a major factor.

Leon returned the items in the same manner they were taken, though executing much more experience. "...thanks." It would have been easier just to hand over his things by approaching him. Kyle managed to shift back by the time Mario adjusted his headband. "So both of you know magic?" he asked the obvious, "I know a little as well." Perhaps meeting them was a good thing. He might be able to learn some new tricks.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

I was slowly walking back from my little adventure around the camp's area. Even as part of a pack, I more often than not found myself wandering alone. Each time, I'd only intend to be gone for a short while, before returning and continuing with a more important task, but I always seemed to find something that would draw my attention, and I'd find myself walking back a lot later, with no fruits to bear. I was hoping that nothing too serious had happened since I'd been gone, and as I drew closer, I found that not much had changed; although there was a newcomer talking with Leon and Ledrif. This newcomer appeared to be an anthro fox, but with two tails instead of one. From the fact they were engaging in conversation, I figured that he wasn't hostile. I approached, greeting the new arrival.

"Hello there, I am Cael. Who might you be?"

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir

Post by DWDruid »

For a moment, Leon wasn't quiet sure how to respond. After a bit of thought, he said back to Mario, "Well, I've never really called what we can do magic. It's just, an ability I guess, something we were born with. Just like Kyle here could shift into almost anything and I can change into a wolf, he could always manipulate darkness and I could always use light and darkness. I's natural, or supernatural depending on your point of view." It was then that they were joined by Cael, another younger, but not nearly as young as Kyle, memebr of the pack. He tended to wander off a lot but he was still a good friend. As he approached and introduced himself, Leon smiled and replied, "Hellow Cael. This is Mario, he's a-" Leon paused for a moment in thought and starting speaking again, "I'm sorry Mario, but what exactly are you? You haven't mentioned it."
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

"Oh..." So it wasn't any magic that he could learn. Then another one of them appeared from the brush. This one called himself Cael, which could be easily confused with Kyle. All three of them wished to know what exactly Mario was, though he had deemed it unimportant as long as he wasn't human.

He turned his attention from Cael to Kyle to answer his question. "Well...I suppose I'm just an anthro fox who learned magic," Mario explained, "but I was born this way, with two tails." At this point, he moved both tails independently. "I'm not a kitsune, by the way. That would imply I could gain more tails and live for a thousand years and all that."
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Vatn had finally made his way back to camp and dumped the pair of llamas near the campfire. He knew he was being followed by something and knew it to be curious more than anything, otherwise it would have attacked before he could make it back to camp. He noticed that the others were off a ways and the wanderer... Cael was it? He was back as well. They appeared to be talking to someone or something, he certainly didn't recognize the scent and knew it to be a stranger. "Hmph... Guess I'll get clean later." He shifted back to his human form and made his way over as he pulled his hair back into a ponytail. One look at the creature brought a slight scowl to his face and folded his arms across his chest. "What manner 'o beast be this? Yeh bring this creature 'ere when I've already got plenty wee ones tae look after?" He looked to Cael and smirked. "Oy, see ya still wearing all that black. Yeh're gonnae pass out one 'o these days and all yeh can expect from me is tae toss yer carcass in the nearest river. By the way, I thought up a nice wee puzzle while I was huntin'."
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

I followed the creature all the way to it's campsite, at which point I went to a bush at the clearing's edge and watched carefully, listening to the conversations and trying to get a head count. There were 3 others by some sort of fox anthro that I had heard about a few days back. I watched as one of the others came closer and talked to the one who I followed and looked around, making sure there were no others that I hadn't seen yet, seeing no hidden creatures I made a temporary set up to watch and listen to these creatures without being spotted.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

OCC: Quick question, is the pack going to have a 'beta' to Vatn's 'alpha'?

Just as Leon was prepard to replied, Vatn suddenly approached them from the camp. Though not much older than himself, he was mature beyond his years and made a fine 'tough but fair' leader. Speaking up, he said, "Nothin to worry about here sir. Kyle, Cael, and myself were just talking to Mario here. He's a loner we just met. I don't believe he means any harm aganist us or the pack."
"Wolf Wars"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

I sighed at Vatn's comment. I tended to be mature for my age, as I seldom followed the normal quams of a teen. Although I may not be the strongest of the group, I wouldn't consider myself the omega. "I won't look for sympathy if I collapse due to my clothing," I responded calmly. "As for this puzzle, I'd be interested to hear it."

I had the strange feeling hat we were being watched, and had deiberately kept my voice relatively low. It might have just been a feeling, but you could never be certain.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

"Aye, the name's Mario, as Kyle 'as said," he greeted the latest member. This one was human but did not smell of such. Actually, there was the scent of a reptile. Mario was beginning to tire of having to keep introducing himself but finding other non-humans was a rare occasion that he did not wish to pass up. "As I've explained prior, I'm just a fox anthro passing through."

"What name have you?" he asked the human, curiously. He seemed different from the others somehow. The others seemed to look up to him as one would a leader. A look easy to spot in the eyes of these three wolf beings. And there was suddenly a nagging feeling of another presence nearby. But he assumed it was caused by being surrounded by a group he was previously unacquainted with.
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: I'm not sure. I'll check with Cain, less someone else beats me to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vatn tilted his head to side for a moment, studying this newcomer. "Mario eh? Hmph, well if yeh'll just be passing though I suppose t'would be rude 'o me not tae invite yeh for a meal. And my name's Vatn, Vatn Blekk. Now before I forget..." He looked towards Cael, walked back towards the campfire calling out as he went. "The puzzle goes like this: Three people are playing a game of memory. They have twenty cards with a total of ten pairs. Person A matched ten pairs in a row from the start. Person B matched nine pairs in a row from the start. And Person C matched eight pairs in a row from the start." Vatn knelt near the fire and his catch and pulled a dagger from his belt and began to skin one of the llamas. "So, my question is this: One 'o them is lying, can yeh tell me who?"
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Post by ledrif »

OOC: Is it safe to post now? >.< Just Kidding but Cain you scared me there :hsup

I took some time to wonder if by 'magic' he meant what Cael could do and as I was still thinking and not paying attention to the chatting that was going on our leader came by and called cael over for something like a puzzle or something then I just sighed and tought I was going to ask later but thinking about the puzzle Vatn mentioned for a while I didn't bother for Cael to take a guess "The one who matched 9 from the start lies I think..." and procceded to ask a few more things to Mario "What you mean by kitsune living 1000 years?"
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

This riddle was easy to solve, but Mario held back his response to allow Cael to answer. It was directed to him after all. Then Kyle gave it away. Probably from lack of patience. But he was correct.

Mario looked over to Kyle when he asked what was meant by 'kitsune', which Mario had been saying incorrectly because he was unfamiliar with that language to begin with. "Kitsune. I learned about 'em while visiting a larger city a year or two ago," he added an intro to his actual answer, "In some mythology they are magical fox spirits. Spirits that are messengers for a rice god, can gain up to nine tails for certain tasks or knowledge, cast spells so great as to even make it appear there were 'nother moon, and upon living a thousand years change their fur color to gold and be able to hear anything in the world." This bit of knowledge that was discovered by accident felt good to share. Though he never studied more on the mythology of that area. "But as far as I can tell, I am nothing like those mythical creatures."
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

REturning to the campsite, Leon began helping Vatn with the llama carcasses he brought. Unlike his leader however, he prefered to use his long black claws to skin and disassemble the meat instead of one of his many knives. Knives and other bladed items were weapons of war and battle, and weren't made for such tasks. He worked on the other llama as Mario began to explain about the orgins of kitsunes. Leon gave a small smirk as he listened. Being knowledgable about such creatures and mythology, he could have taught Kyle the sma elesson, but it was Mario's to teach so he let him. "That's right Mario," he said after the fox had finished, "Kitsunes were also known for being masters of illusion and great tricksters, always playing pranks and causing trouble. You seem to know your mythology Mario. Or least your Japanese mythology."
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Vatn growled lightly as he cut into the belly of the llama as he prepared to gut it when Kyle suddenly blurted out the answer to his riddle. He sighed as he continued on with his task. "Ah well Kyle... If'n yeh wanted a puzzle tae solve all yeh had tae do was ask... Not blurt out the answer and ruin it for everyone! Now I've got tae come up with a new one..." He looked towards Leon and felt a twinge of satisfaction, glad to see someone taking some initiative. Even if their methods were a bit...strange. "Aye Leon, just be careful not tae cut that thing's stomach open.. Once yeh've finished, I'll dispose of the entrails." He set to removing the innards from his llama and separating the meat for easy cooking or eating, whichever was to come first. He liked Leon's attitude, considered him someone worthy of being a beta. As he was thinking about all this, a new puzzle began to form its way into his mind. "Ah well... This one looks mighty good. Okay Cael, since Kyle stole yer last puzzle, I've got a new one just for yeh."

"Yeh've got numbers that look the same whether right-side up or upside down. 1, 2, and 5. Yeh've seven 'o them: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5." He grabbed a stick and drew a diagram in the dirt that looked like this: _ _ x _ _= _ _ _ "There. Now what I want, is for yeh tae place the numbers in the equation so that its valid right-side up and upside down. And I'll have no blurting 'o answers this time 'round. Please."
Last edited by Akuhyou on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

(How can there be only 7 numbers in a formula with 8 blanks?)

"Thanks," Mario directed to Leon. "One of the many things one learns from travelin' a while." He smiled at this. He didn't notice the difference of how Leon and Vatn both gutted their llamas until Vatn spoke up about stomaches. It was then he noticed the llamas being the creatures he'd seen the blood of by the water's edge. This meal he was offered looked like it would be delicious roasted over an open fire.

If it was Vatn who had killed the llamas then there wasn't anything around here to fear. Now, a new puzzle was formed by Vatn for Cael. This one was much more challenging because it involved math. Mario decided no to bother with solving it this time. Cael can do it. Hopefully, Kyle won't blurt it out this time. "You got a sharp wit to think up puzzles as easy as killing," he complimented the leader, assuming he had killed the llamas because he showed up with them over his shoulders earlier.

(I solved this puzzle easily btw)
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Whoops... My mistake. Its been taken care of. :P Sharp eye kiddo, thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vatn grinned and then flicked his forked tongue. "Well one's got tae have a wit just as sharp as his blade inna place like this. Yeh would nay last long being a mindless killer no better'n the beasts yeh feed off, now would yeh?" He waved a curious fly away from the meat and got to his feet. "And as for killing, I do it only tae keep my pack fed or otherwise protect them if need be." He grunted slightly as he started to shift into his were-gator form and was soon fully changed. "But who in their right minds would wannae mess with something like this? I wonder if'n our spy would like tae join us as well?" He turned away and called out to the seemingly empty woods. "Playing the peeping tom is by no means appreciated 'ere so just show yehself! I'll no attack attack yeh less yeh give me due cause!"
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Post by ledrif »

OOC: I'll be off for a week so this is a post and BTW I didn't even tought about the other puzzle I just took a wild guess! guess luck was on my side...

Hmmm I got facinated by wat they have told me about kitsunes so far I went nearby the campfire and took a sit near the tent where I was sleeping and started playing with some rocks there making them hit each other while still thinking about the matter I gave a sideglance over where our leader called out and said something about a spy but didn't bother much if he was actually going to atack us he was dead I mean an werealligator a anthro fox 2 lycans what could resist that much? while I was playing with the rock I miscalculated the ammount of darkness I putted on a rock to another and one flyed over and hitted Leon on the head I closed my eyes and putted my hands over my head as It hitted him "Sorry I didn't mean to!" I was toasted!

P.S: Leon are you going to be like a teacher of Kyle or something similar? I don't mind makes things funnier...
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

I was disappointed that the first one had been answered before I had the chance to, but this second one was still sufficient. After doing some quick mental calculations, ( ?? ) I worked out the equation; 12x21=252. This could be inverted, and with the numbers being the same both upside down and right way up, would have read 252=12x21; This was the correct answer.

Quickly, I used my finger to fill in the gaps of the equation Vatn had made in the dirt, whilst saying the equation. "Twelve multiplied by twenty-one equals two hundred and fifty-two."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

OOC: Alright Kyle. It would be natural with Leon being older and having similar powers. It will also be interesting to see Leon's serious personality conflict with Kyle's more playful nature.

Leon looked up from his work as Vatn talked to him. "Don't worry sir, I've very careful with my claws," he replied back. As he continued to separate the different parts of the llama while Vatn asked the others a few of his riddles. He didn't usually answer them himself, he had better things to do. When the leader mentioned a spy out in bushes, Leon was about to look up when something hit him in the back of the head. Turning his head while growling in rage, he saw Kyle cowering behind him with his darkness fading from use. Trying to control his anger, he said to him, "What...did I..tell you...about...controlling your...DARKNESS!"
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Vatn looked over Cael's answer to his riddle and smiled. "Aye, that be the right answer it is. Good job Cael, mayhaps I'll have tae come up with a tougher one. But I'll stump yeh yet." When Kyle was struck with the pebble he couldn't help himself but to laugh at this current state of events. "Ah, give the wee lad a bit 'o a break eh Leon? I'm sure he meant yeh no harm. Just practicing his magic is all, though I'd say he needs a bit more of a challenge than wee pebbles."
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

OOC: No problem. Didn't want Cael to have to solve an unsolvable problem xD

A were-alligator? No, crocodile...right? He could never tell the two species of reptiles apart. It just seemed odd for a lizard to lead wolves. While he was pondering how it could've come to be, Vatn spoke out to a spy. That must've been what he thought he heard earlier. But the spy did not appear to be coming out soon.

Mario was surprised at how quickly Cael solved Vatn's math riddle as it would've taken much longer for him to do so. It was then a small rock was propelled to Leon's head. Mario's first reaction was worry that the lycan had been hurt but when Leon began stuttering from rage, the worry turned to laughter at the two. "Leon, you need to train him better," he joked. Kyle should know how to contol his darkness by now.
Last edited by FoxKnight on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

OOC: Hey....were kind of leaving Cain behind here...and it is her story. Lets tone it down a little.

I watched as the gater turned to what I assumed was it's fighting form and then it called to me. Slowly with my bow in front and an arrow knocked I stepped out from behind the bush. My arrow was pointed at the ground but the arrow was ready to lose if trouble started. "I mean no harm, Iam merely investigating. My home is not far from here and I had to make sure that it was still safe, and who is this 'Tom' you speak of, I know no one of that name. I have lived here by my self since I was a pup."
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: She-Wolf
Additional Details: I'm stubborn but gentle. Im kind but firm. I'm extremely loyal to my pack. I don't take crap. Who wants to play?

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

OOC: HEY YOU GUYS!!! SORRY THAT IT'S BEEN SO FREAKIN' LONG! Senior year has gotten to be a big pain in the tail. Okay, hope I'm not too late.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Name: Alleah Greyson

Race: Witch

Appearance: curly brown hair and grey eyes. Freakishly pale skin with a tribal tattoo on her lower back.

Attitude: Extremely catious of people, but protective once she knows that you are a friend. Sarcastic

Powers: knows both light and black arts. Does not need a spell book or potion to use her powers. Can also sense others that are notof human nature
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Humming under my breath, I plucked another plant. Henbane, wolfsbane, and what else? Poppies! That was right, I needed poppies. I stood, brushing the dirt off my jeans. I flicked a strand of stray hair out of my eyes, and adjusted my grip on my basket. I paused as a prickle ran over my back. Hmm, someone, or something, with supernatural qualities was in the forest. Lycanthropes? Hybrids? What was it? I sighed heavily under my breath, and tugged on the hem of my blue t-shirt.

"Guess there's only one way to find out?" I muttered under my breath.

Straightening my resolve, I began to follow the energy back to its source.
"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I've held it in, but now it seems you've set it running free
The Saints can't help me now
The ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloodied feet across the hallowed ground."

~Florence and the Machine
SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: She-Wolf
Additional Details: I'm stubborn but gentle. Im kind but firm. I'm extremely loyal to my pack. I don't take crap. Who wants to play?

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

OOC: HEY YOU GUYS!!! SORRY THAT IT'S BEEN SO FREAKIN' LONG! Senior year has gotten to be a big pain in the tail. Okay, hope I'm not too late.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Name: Alleah Greyson

Race: Witch

Height: 5'4"

Weight: undisclosed

Appearance: curly brown hair and grey eyes. Freakishly pale skin with a tribal tattoo on her lower back.

Attitude: Extremely catious of people, but protective once she knows that you are a friend. Sarcastic

Powers: knows both light and black arts. Does not need a spell book or potion to use her powers. Can also sense others that are not of human nature
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Humming under my breath, I plucked another plant. Henbane, wolfsbane, and what else? Poppies! That was right, I needed poppies. I stood, brushing the dirt off my jeans. I flicked a strand of stray hair out of my eyes, and adjusted my grip on my basket. I paused as a prickle ran over my back. Hmm, someone, or something, with supernatural qualities was in the forest. Lycanthropes? Hybrids? What was it? I sighed heavily under my breath, and tugged on the hem of my blue t-shirt.

"Guess there's only one way to find out?" I muttered under my breath.

Straightening my resolve, I began to follow the energy back to its source.
Last edited by SnowwolfTalian on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I've held it in, but now it seems you've set it running free
The Saints can't help me now
The ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloodied feet across the hallowed ground."

~Florence and the Machine