Werewolves and phobias

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

wolf marine wrote:ok i think we are going off topic here
I think werewolves are scared of forums with that many users.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

heh, that happens all the time. :oops:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Such is the nature of the internet.
Vilkacis wrote:I think werewolves are scared of forums with that many users.
I could see new werewolves, that haven't learned to control their shifting, developing a fear of crowded places, lest they shift and everyone sees them. Especially if the shifting is triggered by emotion.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, an agoraphobia would be very easy to see.

I wonder how many werewolves would have nightmares about shifting and getting caught in public places? Kind of a variant of the ever popular naked dream?

"I had to take an exam, and I hadn't studdied, and then suddenly I started shifting..."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Scott Gardener wrote:Yes, an agoraphobia would be very easy to see.

I wonder how many werewolves would have nightmares about shifting and getting caught in public places? Kind of a variant of the ever popular naked dream?

"I had to take an exam, and I hadn't studdied, and then suddenly I started shifting..."
good point
THE GAME

My Armory
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

Would a werewolf have a fear of Darkness. Not the dark, but Darkness as in Evil. Animals are more in tune with nature, and therefore can sense if someone or something is not right around them. I read in a book that dogs can actually sense the presence of Death. If a Werewolf could also sense Death, he/she might be afraid that the Grim Reaper has come for them.

For whom tolls the bell??? It tolls for thee!!!
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

I see dead people

Post by Scott Gardener »

I could easily see a phobia of literal darkness, too. If you believe in other paranormal phenomena or include them in whatever storyline features werewolves, then lycanthropes would stand a better chance of having paranormal encounters, such as seeing ghosts, because of the natural attunement that wolves have.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Scott Gardener wrote:Yes, an agoraphobia would be very easy to see.

Definately a good point, and probably a very common fear for WWs in the Urban community, being afraid that not only their human friends may find out, but see them, be afraid, reject them and run away screaming!!!
:shift: :cry:

The fear of prosecution would also be a big one, having to keep such a guarded secret, and be worried that if the secret gets out, you'd be rounded up and taken away to Area 51 or someplace.
crescentwolf01
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: werewolf of darkness

phobias for werewolves

Post by crescentwolf01 »

I think the only phobias a werewolf would have would be silver bullets or stakes and and killing ur family by mistake iam not sure whayt else. hwlwnk
Enter the Darkness!, Hear me howl!
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

OMG! OMG! OMG! A SPIDER!

lol that would be funny. A ball of mussle and fangs being afriad of a tiny arachnid... he he he
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I always wonder how good would a Gestalt swim, you think they might stay away from deep waters most of the time?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That would depend on a lot of things, like how the person could swim before they became a werewolf.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Going underwater:

I'd think a Gestalt werewolf who could swim could be pretty formidable and intimidating in one's own right.

Still, the increased metabolic demands of lycanthropy might make it harder for the werewolf to hold one's breath and stay under water. You might have actually hit upon a weakness.

-----

Spiders:

Werewolf 1: "Spiders! I'm afraid of spiders! They're big, and they're furry, I mean, completely covered..."

Werewolf 2: "We have a problem..."
Furya
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dirty little f***
Location: Talking to myself. It's the first sign of insanity.

Post by Furya »

Figarou wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote::P would a werwolf end u pwith a ohobia of the night if they didn't want to be a werewolf?
How about a werewolf with a phobia for tails?

werewolf1 "OMG!! Whats that behind you?"

werewolf2 "HUH?" *turns around*

werewolf1 *points* "You got something on your butt!"

werewolf2 "Thats my tail you ding dong! You got one to!!

werewolf 1 *turns around and sees a tail wagging* *screams* AHHHHHHH!!! *runs* Oh no!! Its after me!!!

wow. i nearly PEED mysefl laughing at that one! :lol:

werewolf 1 sees silver. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 GET IT AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM TOO YOUMG TO DIE! I DON'T WANNNA DIE! IDON'T WANNA DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!"

werewolf 2 says, "it's behind a glass case dips***!"

werewof 1 says-(in shaky voice)-, "i knew that!"
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think fear of shapeshifting is definitely very plausible. I'm a therian who would love to be able to do it, but I've made a list of what scenes on movies and TV I've found the most disturbing of all times, and an interesting pattern emerges:

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... php?t=2155

They nearly all involve being disfigured and transformed. A lot involve things like faces melting or mouths disappearing, but they nearly all point to the body somehow getting messed up. One entry is my number one favorite werewolf movie (The Company of Wolves), and another stands a good chance to oust it from that position (the script for Freeborn.)

I can easily see people having a gut horror reaction to seeing someone shapeshift, especially if the werewolf is going through a particularly painful transformation. Now, picture some poor guy who got together with friends, and they all got infected with lycanthropy. The one poor guy hasn't started shifting yet, but he's seeing his friends going at it. You don't need werewolves to be drooling, brainless monsters to have some real terror going on. Heck, these could all be people who wanted it--but who are temporarily changing their minds.
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

in a way a werewolf should not mentally change all the way. sure the wild instinct are there. but i think they should have the same fears as they did in human form.
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Mutateophobia...Fear of Shifting

Post by RedEye »

Fact is: there's nothing uglier than a half-finished anything...or funnier as well. Silver brought that up in his comments on what the shift should look like. There is a lot of potential for hilarity there...I believe he mentioned an inflating human plushie...or some similar comments.
Would there be Fear...yes! "Suppose I get stuck like this?"...or "what if my Girlfriend/Boyfriend saw me now?" :shift:
It is just the sort of thing that would crop up in a new Were's mind... rvt

Now, suppose Were's were afraid of the dreaded DUCKIE? :bounce:

:wereduck:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ceecko

Re: Werewolves and phobias

Post by Ceecko »

Werewolves phobia about germs!!! If it true then it will be one of funny phobias. But i think werewolves have a phobia about human and human also have phobia about werewolves.