Legendary
Mood: Excited

Iran is a nuclear duck

Post by Scott Gardener »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17287860

Iran is a "Nuclear duck."

:duckbomb2:

I'm not sure it's even funny.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Re: Iran is a nuclear duck

Post by Noir-Okami »

It's... hard to believe that this is actually going on. :o
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

wow just wow
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

...And this is still in the news. Seriously. What is Netanyahu's deal, anyway? There's a real prospect that this might lead to Iranian nuclear disarmament. As far as I can see, this thing is win-win all around -- but the Israelis are continuing to dig in their heels and throw a fit like a four-year-old in a supermarket. I'm sort of expecting him to hold his breath and turn blue in the face until he gets what he wants (whatever that might be).
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

israel and saudi arabia were making plans for attacks on iran in case if any of sanctions are lifted israel will not tolerate nuclear iran.
Last edited by Volkodlak on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, but the thing I don't get is this deal might actually prevent Iran from going nuclear. Israel is only risking alienating their biggest geopolitical ally (the U.S.). I hadn't heard about the Saudi-Israeli thing, but I find it somewhat dubious. Yeah, both the Saudis and the Israelis hate the Iranians, and are seriously ticked that the U.S. is going with the carrot over the stick, but they hate each other more than they do the Iranians. If the Saudi's allowed Israeli aircraft to overfly their territory to hit Iran, there would be some serious political turmoil over there. The Saudi public generally views the Israelis as more or less demonic.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Yeah, but the thing I don't get is this deal might actually prevent Iran from going nuclear. Israel is only risking alienating their biggest geopolitical ally (the U.S.). I hadn't heard about the Saudi-Israeli thing, but I find it somewhat dubious. Yeah, both the Saudis and the Israelis hate the Iranians, and are seriously ticked that the U.S. is going with the carrot over the stick, but they hate each other more than they do the Iranians. If the Saudi's allowed Israeli aircraft to overfly their territory to hit Iran, there would be some serious political turmoil over there. The Saudi public generally views the Israelis as more or less demonic.
http://rt.com/news/israel-saudi-iran-nuclear-846/ here is the article.

UPDATE: I think Israel will make a move just question is when and what kind of move will be made.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Israel has something of a problem, in that its birds don't have the range to hit Iran un-refueled. Israel is a fairly small country and thus they've never acquired any long-range strike platforms (like F-15E -- theirs are F-15C derivatives), nor do they have any organic tanker aircraft of their own to my knowledge. Even with their conformal FAST tanks, they just don't have the legs to reach that far. According to that article, the Saudis are committing to not only authorizing overflight (in itself, an unimaginably big deal), but also going the extra step of providing their own KC-135 tankers to the mission. I'd like to know what their source is on this (I'm a little biased, perhaps but I take anything Russia Times says with a certain dose of skepticism). Such a move would be absolutely unprecedented. The Saudis hate the Israelis.

Even if there is such a plan in the works, I'm still perplexed by it. They've got more to gain by letting the U.S. pursue the diplomatic route. Those facilities aren't going anywhere. If the Iranians breach the agreement, the strike option is always there and is going to be more robust if the U.S. joins in. I just genuinely don't get the Israeli position in this.

EDIT: Oops... I leapt before I looked. Somewhere along the way they picked up about two squadrons of "E" model F-15s, and a half-dozen KC-135 aircraft. Well, then this could get interesting. I wonder what idiot decided to sell them that stuff (probably some flunky in the Bush Administration).
Last edited by Uniform Two Six on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Israel has something of a problem, in that its birds don't have the range to hit Iran un-refueled. Israel is a fairly small country and thus they've never acquired any long-range strike platforms (like F-15E -- theirs are F-15C derivatives), nor do they have any organic tanker aircraft of their own to my knowledge. Even with their conformal FAST tanks, they just don't have the legs to reach that far. According to that article, the Saudis are committing to not only authorizing overflight (in itself, an unimaginably big deal), but also going the extra step of providing their own KC-135 tankers to the mission. I'd like to know what their source is on this (I'm a little biased, perhaps but I take anything Russia Times says with a certain dose of skepticism). Such a move would be absolutely unprecedented. The Saudis hate the Israelis.

Even if there is such a plan in the works, I'm still perplexed by it. They've got more to gain by letting the U.S. pursue the diplomatic route. Those facilities aren't going anywhere. If the Iranians breach the agreement, the strike option is always there and is going to be more robust if the U.S. joins in. I just genuinely don't get the Israeli position in this.
RT,CNN,BBC,Al jezeera are all biased more or less.as for: The Saudis hate the Israelis did you ever heard of phrase the enemy of my enemy is my friend?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

lovec1990 wrote: ...did you ever heard of phrase the enemy of my enemy is my friend?
The Iranians represent an exterior military threat. Cooperation with the Israelis represents a very real internal threat (as in a pissed off Saudi civil population). With the "Arab-Spring" still fresh in their minds, I'm having trouble believing that the Saudi royals are looking at the former as the greater threat than the latter.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
lovec1990 wrote: ...did you ever heard of phrase the enemy of my enemy is my friend?
The Iranians represent an exterior military threat. Cooperation with the Israelis represents a very real internal threat (as in a pissed off Saudi civil population). With the "Arab-Spring" still fresh in their minds, I'm having trouble believing that the Saudi royals are looking at the former as the greater threat than the latter.
but there is posibility for them working together.

Offtopic: its funny we are on forum dedicaded to Werewolfs and curently most active topic: politics
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

lovec1990 wrote: but there is posibility for them working together.
As I said before, it would be utterly unprecedented. The Israelis and the Saudis never cooperate on anything.
lovec1990 wrote: Offtopic: its funny we are on forum dedicaded to Werewolfs and curently most active topic: politics
Eh... until Freeborn comes out, there's not much else to talk about.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
lovec1990 wrote: but there is posibility for them working together.
As I said before, it would be utterly unprecedented. The Israelis and the Saudis never cooperate on anything.
lovec1990 wrote: Offtopic: its funny we are on forum dedicaded to Werewolfs and curently most active topic: politics
Eh... until Freeborn comes out, there's not much else to talk about.
ok you win

is freeboen even coming out this year? i thin after freeborn comes out this forum should be restarted curent topics,discusions moved to archives.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

I haven't heard anything about Freeborn recently. Last rumblings were that AB is potentially getting a distribution deal hammered out and Freeborn may wind up on one of the satellite channels as a series. Another possibility is that it may become a web-series on YouTube or something, or (and I rather like this one) it may become a Netflix property, essentially netting him a pay-for-play deal. Personally, I rather like the last prospect since Netflix's Hemlock Grove (while not necessarily about werewolves, at least included them), was sufficiently a market success and they may be looking to cash-in again. Then again, they optioned a second season of Hemlock Grove, which may be filling that niche for Netflix instead.

However, this is all speculation and rumor. As for specifics on what is going on with Freeborn, I don't think anyone besides AB knows.

EDIT:
Upon further investigation, there is a new Indigogo campaign for Freeborn I didn't know about: Here.

And there is a new Freeborn Chronicles website I also didn't know about: Here.
Although the site is "under construction" and has little functionality as of yet. All good signs. Excuse me now, while I go chip in a few bucks on the Indiegogo site...
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Not to perpetuate the off topic here, but AB needs some crowd funding love right now...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/freeb ... wesomeness

Unlike the previous one, I can't see someone stepping up and saving the day by dropping the thick end of 20 grand to meet the projected goal this time.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Reuters had a great article online about how the Israelis' attempts to undermine Obama politically (they preferred the Republicans at the time) jumpstarted the nuclear deal that's in the news now (which the Israelis hate). I love watching the Israelis fall flat on their faces politically. What a bunch of dolts.
:roll: