Harry Potter Book 6 *Caution Spoilers Ahead*

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

There's an article on MuggleNet about R.A.B. They at least have a theory on who it could be. You'll have to dig it up yourself though.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Mmm... just recently finished the book myself! Wonderful read, and defiantely better than the last book. I put it right under the 3rd and 4th books in my favorites list.

Anywho - I liked more of the development with Lupin and the werewolves - but I admit I find it most amusing being able to spot any werewolf characters of hers immediately based on their names (I assume people know Lupin's namesake references in both his last AND first names? and a "Fenrir" is just plain obvious)

I found it strange that they said that her werewolves, while a curse, don't usually kill - just bite people. In which case, I don't find it nearly as bad a thing as they make it out to be if the main downside is spreading the infection - but not KILLING normally *shrugs*

After reading, I've got a slew of theories for how the last book will go - and already wanting to read it :D

I don't think that any of the dead characters will come back... I think that the books are more mature than that.

I think that Draco will end up having his conscience win - feeling utterly guilty for what he was in a way responsible for.
I also think that Harry himself is the 6th Horcrux and Ron and Hermione (or Neville!) will have to kill him in order to defeat Voldemort. I think it makes a lot of sense given that they have virtually SAID a piece of Voldemort went into Harry when his mother was killed. And it makes a TON of sense. If Voldemort thought that X boy was going to kill him - by infusing him with a piece of his soul, it would mean that even if Harry killed him, then he would still live. And all the shared dreams, the parseltongue, etc. And I think Dumbledore knew.... which is why he impressed so much onto Harry how much Harry wants Voldemort dead AND why he told Harry to tell Ron and Hermione the things that he learned. Also, why those close parent figures of Harry's have all been killed - he's being forced into a state of indepndence.
I think it would be really NEAT if Draco were the one to find out and find a way to tell them - and them having to take DRACO's word that they have to kill harry XD
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Reilune wrote:There's an article on MuggleNet about R.A.B. They at least have a theory on who it could be. You'll have to dig it up yourself though.
I'am going to hit myself later, but what exactly is R.A.B. I can't figure it out? :punishment:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Fenrir wrote:I'am going to hit myself later, but what exactly is R.A.B. I can't figure it out? :punishment:
The signature on the note in the fake Horcrux.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Dreamerwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Dreamerwolf »

I thought the book was awesome! I've heard the theory of Hary being a Horocrux, but I'm not convinced. Dumbldore went through a whole lot to make a point that Voldy likes to collect things. All his Horocrux's are valuable trinkets (Except the snake, but we're not even sure she is one yet) How could he 'collect' Harry. And I think that the books put too much empasis on how important the soul is to make harry's corrupted by an evil one.

But well..we won't know until #7 comes out, eh? :)
~A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes~

~For a Dreamer, Night's the only time of day~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Lupin wrote:
Fenrir wrote:I'am going to hit myself later, but what exactly is R.A.B. I can't figure it out? :punishment:
The signature on the note in the fake Horcrux.
Thanks know i remember, the signature thing :punishment:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Dreamerwolf wrote:I thought the book was awesome! I've heard the theory of Hary being a Horocrux, but I'm not convinced. Dumbldore went through a whole lot to make a point that Voldy likes to collect things. All his Horocrux's are valuable trinkets (Except the snake, but we're not even sure she is one yet) How could he 'collect' Harry.
Yeah, I doubt that as well. Just look at the protection he put on the locket.
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

well

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

i was wundering what are the werewolf transformation like in this one?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Re: well

Post by Lupin »

Lycanthrop55 wrote:i was wundering what are the werewolf transformation like in this one?
They weren't really ever described, and there weren't any transformations in this book.
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

who became a werewolf in this one?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Bill gets injured by Fenrir Greyback, but he wasn't transformed at the time so who knows what's going to happen.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

My money is that he attacks someone. :(

Sadly I have no money to speak of. :cry:

-Satyricon
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*Smiles* Vell, we shall have to see ^_^.

And as far as protections, if Nagini is one, then she isn't overly protected. And I think that Harry being who he intrepreted to be his prophesized killer is a damn good "protection" ^_~. But we'll see! In.... oh, 2 or so years ^^;
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

probably like 4 or 5 there not going to release it anytime soon. :(

-Satyricon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Somehow I missed this thread...

Anyway, here are my thoughts on how the 7th book will end. I don't know what I believe about Snape yet, I'm not sure about that. He could be evil, or there could be something more to it. As far as Malfoy...somehow I think he's gonna come over to the good side. Anyway, on to the good stuff:

Dumbledore froze Harry from moving while he was under the Invisibility cloak, and all the death eaters appeared. Why do you think he did that?

I think he did it to protect him. Which means that Dumbledore died while protecting Harry. So...a new charm is now put on Harry, similar to the one that his mother's death put on him, which allowed him to survive Voldemort's attack when he was a baby. At the end of the 7th book, Voldemort will try to kill Harry (Harry and his friends will have already destroyed the Horcruxes), but will die trying. Harry will live, Voldemort will die, and Harry will have a new scar. Of course, Voldemort used magic in the 4th book to become immune to the charm that Harry's mothers' death put on him, but this is a whole new charm, from a different death. Also, this kinda ties into the whole love thing (the one power Harry has that Voldemort doesn't have), because I believe Dumbledore loved Harry like a son, and Harry loved him back.

Thoughts?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Excelsia wrote:I don't know what I believe about Snape yet, I'm not sure about that. He could be evil, or there could be something more to it.
My thoughts are that, whatever task Snape has been given, it's important enough that even Dumbledore's life is an acceptable price to pay.

I don't think Dumbledore would have been unaware of the kinds of things that Snape might have to do or the kinds of binding deals he might have to make in order to gain trust.

Furthermore, if I recall correctly (it's been a while since I read the book), Snape and Dumbledore had an argument not long after he made that Unbreakable Oath. My bet is that Snape was asking to be released from his task and sent away, lest it come to the point where he might have to kill Dumbledore (even though we didn't know what task Draco had been set to, Snape did, and he knew what it might come to). But Dumbledore wouldn't let him, hence the argument.

As for Draco, I think you're right. The rest of that just seems like conjecture, though. We'll just have to wait and see.

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yes, you're right. It pretty much is conjecture, but if J.K. did choose to end the book that way, it would be a reasonably logical ending (i.e. possible, at least in the Wizarding world).

The point you make about Snape having a task to do that was worth Dumbledore's life is definitely a possibility, and one that I've thrown around in my head before. From my point of view, that fits right into my little hypothesis, because Dumbledore would have know that by dying while protecting Harry, it would have given Harry immunity from Voldemort (so therefore someone had to kill him), and thus would ultimately resulted in Voldemort's destruction.

Also, right before Dumbledore dies, he pleads with Snape. As I was reading the book, it seemed as though he was pleading with Snape for mercy, but after thinking about it more, he could have been pleading with Snape to kill him. This could have been for a number of reasons. There must have been a very good reason why Dumbledore needed to die (or a very good reason why Snape would have needed to gain the Death Eater's trust and fulfill his oath, a reason that was worth Dumbledore's death, as you said.) Once again, I see a way in which this could fit into my hypothesis. Perhaps Dumbledore knew it would have been difficult for Snape to kill him, and so pleaded with him to kill him, because he needed to die protecting Harry in order to make Harry invincible.

When Snape and the Death Eaters are leaving Hogwarts, Snape gives Harry a look of complete and total rage. This could be because he is genuinely evil, or because he is angry at Harry because Harry is the reason that he had to kill Dumbledore. Though I doubt that Snape is evil, I do not doubt that he hates Harry, and having to kill beloved Dumbledore for Harry would merely add more fuel to the fire.

As for Malfoy...I almost think it would be a total cop-out if J.K. didn't somehow make him come over to the good side. It would be far too easy to keep him evil, but many fans want to see him become good. She's probably already written the 7th book, but I hope she takes fans' thoughts about Malfoy into consideration if she hasn't written it already.

Anyway, those are just some things that I noticed that I found suspicious. They are probably just speculation, and nowhere near right, but they're fun to think about. Do any of you have any thoughts about those two things?