Request for Werewolf/The Pack Folklore

The place for anything at all...
ToriathFallanor

Request for Werewolf/The Pack Folklore

Post by ToriathFallanor »

Hey guys,

I am currently a student taking a class on folklore, and my final project is to collect, document, and analysis on pieces of folklore, but what better way to do so than to make it all werewolf themed? :D

However, I need help gathering folklore related to The Pack (or werewolves in general). But before you start telling me old legends and lore, there is a caveat: folklore might not be what you think it is. Folklore is more or less defined as a performance or presentation of some derivative material and/or used in different contexts whose importance is shared by the audience/community. Thus, things that The Pack has adopted as pack culture is definitely folklore. (Werewolf folklore, however, is more limited to just legends and rituals and such, I think.) Ideally, I would like the piece in its organic context (as opposed to being told as a result of my asking). That is, I would like to know how the piece was naturally performed (which, if talking about The Pack's Den, is just the thread the piece occurs in).

A non-werewolf related example would be something like a meme, which is a replication of a image representing a feeling or concept with different variations of text varying with the context the meme was posted. What I would be looking for is a specific use(s) of the meme and its context in which it was used.

Lingo/jargon also counts too. And so do jokes, dance, and other things that people besides the original performer use too. I just need to know the who/what/where/whens of the performance.

I used to lurk here years back and remembered that there were some things in the pack's culture that kind of fit this description, but it's been too long and I can't remember exact details, so I hope that the more active users could point them out to me.

Thanks in advance,

Tor
Sevena

Re: Request for Werewolf/The Pack Folklore

Post by Sevena »

Some directionals for you.
http://thepack.network/thepackboard/vie ... f=12&t=256 Here another member gets advice on reference material

http://thepack.network/thepackboard/vie ... =13&t=4876 In my opinion a bit of The Pack lore can be found here.

http://thepack.network/thepackboard/vie ... =13&t=8766 And here.

Granted these are old threads Im sure some opinions have changed.Second link may seem a bit controversial its not given to incite anything.Best bet is to just make your way through the forum.A lot of the older threads were very active and have involvement from members that no longer post or are lacking in activity.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Speaking from an academic background, I would like to give a friendly reminder and warning: Do NOT assume that anything that you find on the internet (and that goes for anything posted here as well) is accurate. The internet is absolutely NOT peer reviewed and for work to be submitted in an academic environment, more traditional forms of research are typically advised. The Pack's Den is more of an informal hobby for most of the folks here, not something given to strenuous fact-checking. The internet is very useful as a research tool, but take everything you see with a grain of salt.
ToriathFallanor

Post by ToriathFallanor »

I am not actually looking for facts, per se, but rather I'm essentially examining culture, mainly the interactions between the members of The Pack and specific to the The Pack (or if someone has an interesting narrative, dance, folksong, etc. that they'd like to share).