Seeking RPers

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Serrina
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Additional Details: I hope to one day be an actress.

Seeking RPers

Post by Serrina »

Hello!
I'm hoping to start an RP that will hopefully last; most usually tend to fizzle and die out either from people just not coming back and posting or from people not making an effort to give the other RPers something to work off of. This thread is to gain some ideas for an RP that possibly a handful of people will like instead of just making an RP I want and no one joining.
Yes, I know writers block can hit anyone at any age, but at least try to post one paragraph each post.
Also, please be semi-literate to literate. That means good punctuation and grammar; if people can't tell what you're writing, it'll be hard for them to respond.

Alrighty, onto some RP ideas.
General genres I like
Fantasy
DNA
Medieval
Zombie
School life [though usually paired with fantasy]

Specific types
Dragon
Werewolf
Vampire
Mythical creature
Shapeshifter
Powers

Fan-based
Kingdom Hearts
X-Men

Current Cravings
I've been really wanting to do a RP based in a video game. Almost like .hack//, but not exactly.
The video game would be Medieval-based and have different 'characters' that your character chooses from and will be while in the game.
A friend and I are trying to make it into a book, so we already have a few things figured out; RPing it would help fix a lot of kinks and add some interesting plots, characters, items, etc.
If you'd like me to edit this post with the game-characters and a few other things so you can get a better idea of it, let me know.

What I will not do
Twilight

I'm open to any other ideas, this is just a general of what I like/usually do.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Re: Seeking RPers

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Inside a video game?
Hmm... i've seen this in ./hackSign, and also Code Lyoko too...Hmmm...
What characters do you and your friend have planned out right now?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

That's an interesting spin on the ./hack idea. :)
Having the game world itself fleshed out is important. This is why games like DDO, WoW, Skyrim, and more are so popular. You can get immersed in them and not get "bored".
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Serrina
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Serrina »

In-game Character 'Bases'
Human
Elf
Dragoon
Felynn [fee-lin]
Kanid [kay-nid]
Raptor
Ogre
Phantom

Character 'Classes'
"Mergers"
Homonous Nocturna (Vampire)
Warrior
Archer
Mage
  • -Dark
    -Holy
    -All: Dark, Holy, Summon
Theif
Samurai

The base characters each have different 'starting statistics', and each class has different starting statistics, but that's more for video games so I won't really go into that.

--
Dragoons are bipedal dragons, normally standing a foot taller than the average human.
Felynns (a play on 'feline') are bipedal cat people. They can be any type of feline from a house cat to a wild, predatory cat.
Kanids (a play on 'canine') are bipedal dog people. Again, they can be any type of canine.
Raptors are bipedal bird people.
Phantoms are almost ghost-like, but still 'living'; pretty much like a ghoul, but this is only looks.

The characters themselves [mainly the dragoon, Felynn, Kanid, Raptor, Ogre, and Phantom] can have the appearance changed however the person going into the game wants. Human and Elf characters, of course, look like the person themselves.

--
"Mergers" are only for Humans and are the only ones allowed to use special 'orbs' that have the souls of creatures.
A wolf orb, used by a Merger, would transform the person into a werewolf. So on, so forth.
Depending on the rank/skill of the player, they can change what 'form' they turn into when using an orb. Instead of the wolf soul making the human into a werewolf, the person could change into a normal wolf; instead of turning into a Dragoon, they could turn into a quadrupedal dragon.
Basically, the animal's soul is just their essence, so it can only 'coat' the human's form. Every orb will make the Merger an 'anthro' of that animal; when the player gets to a certain level or has enough skill, they can become more than just a 'human with an animal skin'.

The 'Vampire' class is just where special skills allow the player to gain health when dealing damage to enemies and such.

Samurais are different from the Warrior class in that they're more specialized in light/medium weapons and medium armor where the Warriors are more of heavy weapons and heavy armor.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Hmm...
Kinda seems like their all over the place...
No offense, of course... i do have a few questions though...

What kind of world is this? Medieval, futuristic, combination of both... {i know it sounds like Medieval but with the right format it could pretty much be anything...} {futuristic can also include other planets/dimensions too}
What's the main backstory for the world? Who created it? Are there outside opponents, or is more, that each "Base" is an enemy with another "Base"?
I see Samurai. It kinda sounds more like a specialized version of the warrior. Are you going to add specializations to the world?
What are the backstory's for each "Base"? what are their cultures like? do they have a religion? If they do, what's it based around: Gods, spirits, or something else?
What about the classes? Are their orginizations that teach these classes? Is there a master who does? Or is more that they each learn about it themselves?
Also, have you thought about making the Vampire "Class" a "Base" instead?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more we understand about your world, the easier it is to help you...

Just my thoughts really...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

If you have any ideas for an RP involving werewolves or about werewolves,i will gladly join it. I love werewolf RP's and playing as a werewolf.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Serrina
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Serrina »

Yeah, I'll probably just do a werewolf RP.
Hopefully it'll keep me going in my October pictures and my novel for NaNoWriMo.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I need to get back into RPing anyway,i've been gone from this site for way to long. I used to RP here a lot.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1