revealing our existance to humans unvilingly(what if)

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

revealing our existance to humans unvilingly(what if)

Post by Volkodlak »

this is only case it isnt directly connected to question youst for you too see what kind of revalation im meaning :

WW has attacked someone and some hikers have record it by their phone or camera so this video and mauled body are now in posession of FBI and they go hunting this WW so some agents dont return this would give this case priority so they could turn too hunter that they send to jail for shooting a man who he claim was a WW so hunt begins....

...at same time public become intrested in case mauled body, full moon and dead FBI agents will rise an atention so people will start having theories and some one will get hold on video and give it too CNN so FBI would tell the truth and cat is out of the bag....

or some hunter kills WW and inject him with some serum or freezes him to prevent change too human forum and show it to reporters.

aka. revalation of WW unvilingly or by accident for WWs side.

so my question is how would revalation of our existance afect us(WWs) or humans?
im intrested how would this unfold when they tell that they(WWs) exist for both sides.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: revealing our existance to humans unvilingly(what if)

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

The first problem here is that the werewolf in question is such a goddamn deluded moron that the only way it can think of to escape from hikers is bloody murder. That pile of bodies is going to lead somewhere.

The second problem is that there's the first problem.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

kitetsu wrote:The first problem here is that the werewolf in question is such a goddamn deluded moron that the only way it can think of to escape from hikers is bloody murder. That pile of bodies is going to lead somewhere.

and what if he didnt notice them?
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

lovec1990 wrote:
kitetsu wrote:The first problem here is that the werewolf in question is such a goddamn deluded moron that the only way it can think of to escape from hikers is bloody murder. That pile of bodies is going to lead somewhere.

and what if he didnt notice them?
Do not take any chances. Ever.

Otherwise, some stupid pup's going to think, "OH NO THEY'VE SEEN ME I'VE GOT TO RE-ENACT A SCENE FROM [insert third-rate werewolf movie here]"

Really. If the friggin' Yakuza kills their own ranks for starting too many fights, what's to stop a wolf from a pack that isn't just as deluded to permanently silence one of their own for constant murdering? And that's just ONE of the many effects you'll be getting.

Why even bother pursuing the lifestyle of crappy werewolf movies to begin with? Is it for the coolness factor? Is it because you feel the horribly unnecessary need to live the life of what most people think wolves live like? Is it because of Otherkin impulses? There's more to living life as a werewolf than just that. If that's an alien concept to all you young pups feeling the urge to be the next ShadowFangSilverMoonWolf, then god help all of you.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

it could be youst one murder but im loking for discusion on revalation of WWs unvilingly or by accident for WWs side.

and question:
so my question is how would revalation of our existance afect us(WWs) or humans?
im intrested how would this unfold when they tell that they(WWs) exist for both sides.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

No, it could be many murders, especially since there's much more of you damn pups than people think there are. And I've seen and heard of human teenagers who are just outright monsters that needs a nice bit of lead aspirin.

And I already told you one of the major effects. You want another one? How about "Bath Salts cannibals emerge, nationwide lockdown as military hunts down suspects"? First impressions are everything, you know.

Or not. I'm just getting sick of trying to talk you pups out of doing stupid s*** nowadays.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

great i youst create topic for discusion and someone is going alittle off topic
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

case is a base line so you have general idea of what kind of revalation im intrested
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Ok, time to grab the steering wheel and yoink this thread back onto the road, before it crashes and burns.

What I think lovec1990 is trying to do, is collect possible ways a werewolf may be exposed to public scrutiny and discuss its ramifications, of which the classic werewolf attack and investigation scenario is but one convenient example to get the topical ball rolling.

By all means, pursue the classic movie plot and smack talk up a storm about how dumb the attitudes of that particular scenario would be, but there's so many other ways the cat can get out of the bag, and so many other ramifications. Of course, the very idea of a real wolf (no, not a werewolf) roaming free would warrant investigation as would be the case with any stray predator species, and by extension a werewolf would garner similar scrutiny, after all it would be regarded as a potential threat in more ways than "OMG BLOODY MURDER!!!", whether or not you believe in folk lore and mythology and superstitions. We know at some point the "authorities" are going to muscle in on proceedings, that's a given, but it's not forced to play out like a movie plot (and what about the church? Or social unrest? Political stuff?), I know it's difficult to imagine it any other way, I'm struggling to think of something outside that kinda paradigm.

Self management of "packs" kitetsu mentioned is an interesting one. We know, don't go taking chances now, but the question was what if it happens anyway?

The bottom line as I see it: What ways can a werewolf get caught out, and the consequences.

The Meeper
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

thank you meeper you hit my wishes for discusion very close but im intrested more on after exposure you know humans becoming awere of our exsistance .

self manegement is good for preventing exposure but when exposure is done only thing you can do is damage control and praying
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:thank you meeper you hit my wishes for discusion very close but im intrested more on after exposure you know humans becoming awere of our exsistance .
I know, but I think it helps to establish the circumstances of exposure, to make sense of the after effects on society. If the exposure is "werewolf saves drowning boy", the effects will be drastically different than, say "werewolf eats drowning boy".

*Edit* Unless you mean on the very basic level of ""10 minutes ago I knew werewolves don't exist, now I know they do exist"

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:thank you meeper you hit my wishes for discusion very close but im intrested more on after exposure you know humans becoming awere of our exsistance .
I know, but I think it helps to establish the circumstances of exposure, to make sense of the after effects on society. If the exposure is "werewolf saves drowning boy", the effects will be drastically different than, say "werewolf eats drowning boy".

*Edit* Unless you mean on the very basic level of ""10 minutes ago I knew werewolves don't exist, now I know they do exist"

The Meeper.
werewolf saves a drowning boy is a good one lets go with this one because we astablish that WW arent monsters,ok?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm inclined to agree with Kitesu on this one. The problem with this hypothetical scenario is that you've forced the narration up to a point that no werewolf with his head on straight would ever permit it to reach.

This, in turn, gives the impression that there's also an answer you're trying to force the Pack into giving. And I hate when people do that.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

No, what has happened is lovec1990 gave a kack handed introduction.

The contrivance in the opening post was simply a lead up to the main question, the presumption that werewolves exists which by hook or by crook gets discovered, what happens next? The topic of how the discovery of a previously held mythological creature will ripple through science, religion, culture etc is never the less a perfectly valid one, regardless of the ridiculous circumstances by everybody's estimation that would lead to the discovery. Though I think it's more than likely been discussed to death various ways, in threads dotted around the forum already, I'm going to play along.

I'll bet the archeologists will have a field day :P .
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The first impulse upon viewing a mobile phone video of a werewolf would be to assume it's a fake until proven otherwise. State and Federal (assuming we're in the U.S., since you said FBI) law enforcement would be left trying to figure out whether it's an animal attack or a criminal killing, but I could see a cable TV documentary with the footage, offering it as "compelling evidence that a real life werewolf is at large."

Dowth magnet time!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i partly agree with you but mauled body would impact WW theory hard and full moon