Game of Thrones

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Game of Thrones

Post by outwarddoodles »

Anyone?

Just started watching it this week and I've already watched 4 today and might go on for the 5th in an hour or so. We're one the second season too.
:wink:

Never read the book, but I highly recommend the TV series. My only grievances is that it can become difficult to follow every character's happenings (at least for those less keen than others) and the gratuitous cleavage. Well, not just cleavage, but the series has been good enough for me that the scenes you wouldn't watch with your parents go right past me.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Don't worry, the book was even more difficult to follow (although still awesome). The various plots in the book tend to become so all-encompassing that when you shift back to another character, your first reaction is "huh? Oh, yeah. I remember that guy. Wait, what was he doing last time we saw him -- like a book and a half ago?" I hate to say that I read all four books (apparently there's a fifth out, but I can't find it anywhere), and I'm watching the series and I keep thinking that I don't remember half the characters. I'm going to have to re-read those books again -- you know, if I ever get a couple of months with nothing to do.

Supposedly season 2 isn't out yet. They said they wouldn't have it out until March (or are you watching it on HBO)?
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

The episodes I am watching are for HBO, yes. I'm pretty sure it's the second season...or else....what am I watching?!!?

Someone told me that they tried reading the books and he did not find them interesting. But now he loves watching the series and is interested in the books again. Personally, I don't know if I can read the books if I'm already watching the series.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I haven't seen this show yet, but it's getting a lot og good reviewss.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

outwarddoodles wrote: Personally, I don't know if I can read the books if I'm already watching the series.
They're actually pretty close. They did an amazing job. Sucks that Sean Bean got cast as Ned Stark since he doesn't last long. Sean Bean is awesome.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote: Personally, I don't know if I can read the books if I'm already watching the series.
They're actually pretty close. They did an amazing job. Sucks that Sean Bean got cast as Ned Stark since he doesn't last long. Sean Bean is awesome.
Sean Bean never lasts long. It's a rule.

"Sean Bean dies in every movie"
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Sean Bean lasted all the way to the very end of Patriot Games.

Okay -- I know what you're going to say. Even though he makes it to the very end in Patriot Games, he still dies at the very end of Patriot Games.

And yes, he dies by first being impaled on a boat anchor by Harrison Ford...

...and then blown up just for good measure.

But -- BUT!!! That's only in the movie. In the book, his character survives and winds up in prison, and since the book was waaaay better than the movie, I feel that that counts.

:P
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I have to take back what I said about not reading the books. I read the first one almost all the way through and I loved it. I can tell you that the show follows the book almost word for word. This was the first book that I have (mostly) read since starting college two and a half years ago. I was a book-a-week person in highschool. I stopped reading because I decided to read something fresh. I've been inching at about a book a month since....but it's a hobby I haven't enjoyed in years. Yay!
:howl:  :oo
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

I'm slowly grinding my way through A Dance With Dragons (book five), and am getting reacquainted with just why I fell in love with this series in the first place. Now if I can just find time to finish the darn thing...
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:Sean Bean dies in every movie
Silent Hill.

Ha! I found one! (Which is even more impressive since everyone else in that movie dies horribly).
:P
Rogan54
Custom Title: Nathan Leo
Mood: Happy

Post by Rogan54 »

I like to watch this movie in my free time.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Game of Thrones, or Silent Hill? :D