THE PERFECT BEAST *Smirks darkly*

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
demonwithin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Nightshade
Additional Details: Call me Nightshade :3
Mood: Ruthless

THE PERFECT BEAST *Smirks darkly*

Post by demonwithin »

Transformation

Now I know everyone has their own version of the perfect werewolf.
and that each one of you has their own image of how werewolves should be
In the area below, why don't you view your thoughts of it! :D I would like to know everything of you opinions, such as the shift, how werewolves should eat, when you think they should change, if the moon has to be full to change, how big a werewolves pack should be, how big a werewolf should be, do you think werewolves stand on their hind legs? or on all fours?
hwlwnk give me your opinion please 8)

Nightshade's perfect lupus garou:
Personally (So don't bash on me for it)
I believe that the werewolf should have free will over being able to summon their beast. and that maybe the moon does call to them on the night of the full moon, but in essence the change is at will.
The shift shouldn't e so traumatizing, and hurtful, i think becoming your other half should be like that bittersweet feeling of stretching before you work out or run; it might hurt a little but feels great.
The pack :wink: a big family, some members born in, some adopted, but all in all a nice big family, under one male and female leader
I believe they should be able to alternate from hind legs, to all fours; comfortably
They say that I can't last a day in the real world.... I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine...
Sevena

Re: THE PERFECT BEAST *Smirks darkly*

Post by Sevena »

For me a spiritual shift might not hurt but a physical one would.No happily "feel the burn" here.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm kind of with the general consensus image of lycanthropy here: Free will preserved, but neophytes have an altered, psychedelic state of mind causing one to think both instinctually and as if in a dream state. Also in agreement with the typical model around here, my werewolves have excruciating and uncontrollable first shifts, but learn control and have decreasing pain quickly afterwards. I'm nicer than many of you to my werewolves; one can have pretty good basic control in just three to six weeks, and it's painless by then as well.

One thing I do differently from the general consensus model is that my lycanthropes are not affected by the full moon. The first shift happens about 10-14 days after the initial infection, regardless of what the moon is doing. Just a day or two after the initial bite, one is already noticing strange stigmata around the bite site, and running a fever. Over the next few days, the local infection spreads via blood and lymphatics, causing patches of discolored veins to come and go, and localized partial shifts produce unsettling effects, such as transient loss of red/green color distinction coupled with big yellow eyes. The hours leading up to the first shift involve a steady soreness interspersed with bits of pain, partial shifts, and a resemblance to 1930s and 40s werewolves. (This can come as a shock to someone bitten on a full moon, expecting a full month's grace period!) Also, silver has no special significance to my werewolves. They heal fairly quickly; my lead character regenerated a paw/hand shot by a rifle, though it took about a week to do so. Tails regenerate better than any other part of the body. In the near future after werewolves have gone public, a fad will break out involving hacking off one's tail, regrowing it over a week, and hacking it off again, building a collection. One then straps on multiple inert, duplicate tails and, voila! You're a Kitsune from Japanese pop culture.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
purewhitewolf

Post by purewhitewolf »

Sooooooo..... yall can shift..??? :?
demonwithin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Nightshade
Additional Details: Call me Nightshade :3
Mood: Ruthless

Post by demonwithin »

thank you for your input :P
They say that I can't last a day in the real world.... I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine...
Psychowolfy92

Post by Psychowolfy92 »

Hmm, I have 2 really. 1 is the person becomes infected, the next day they become very sick. Sick to there stomach, high fever, the person pretty much thinking they have a really bad flu. Here is the thing, the sickness can become very bad if they are not strong enough if that is the case the being will die from the infection. If the person is strong enough they become a werewolf when the first full moon rises. The transformation is brought on by the moon, it can be controlled over a few months on practice but when the blood moon rises aka lunar eclipse, they are forced to transform becoming a blood thirsty beast. :x In this form they can walk on there hind legs comfortably, but when they want to run they switch to all fours. The transformation is extremely painful and the person is rendered completely helpless and unable to move until the transformation is complete, which really sucks for the person.These werewolves have a weakness to silver but its not deadly, in werewolf form it burns them yes but not deadly if under the skin. For instance if a werewolf is stabbed or shot in the leg by anything silver it weakens them a bit to the brink were they are slowed down and can't run, they also become les strong. In human form if they touch silver it's just like a minor allergy, they become itchy in the area were the silver is. The werewolf can be killed like everything ells, shot in the heart or head.
Ok second werewolf here, if a human is bit the infection spreads rapidly. This transformation can be triggered by emotion as well as the full moon. Like if a person is feeling strong emotions of, anger, frustration, jealousy and even by strong feeling of pain. This werewolf is more comfortable in all fours, they are more wolf like. The transformation is again painful but it dose not make the being immobile, the person can gain the ability to control the change over time with practice and can be able to transform any time they want, being in full control. This werewolf dose have a weakness to silver and can only be killed by it.
I love to see how werewolf movies do there own version of a werewolf, one I found interesting was Ginger Snaps. How the person becomes infected and slowly transforms over time into a werewolf permanently. :o I found that to be pretty good twist on a werewolf. :D