pointless talking

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: pointless talking

Post by Set »

After watching a few of his movies again I have to say I think Don Bluth has a drowning fetish. :blink:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story ... ie-Pirates

Behold, America, your tax dollars at work.

The government REALLY needs to get a better graphics department. They certainly bleed enough money from the public to afford it.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Sevena wrote:I think this is an excellent thread to bring some life back into.Firstly because I don't see the point of creating a whole new thread to do exactly what this thread already does and it's kind of a place we chat eachother up, for those who don't make it into the "Idle Zone" :P
Wow, that was a wonderfully pointless comment in this thread, good job :wink: :lol: .

Oh dear, I don't know, gosh, I remember when all this was forums you know, I do! Forums as faaaaaaaaar as the eye could see, them were the good old days, you could ramble on endlessly about nothing, reminisce the good old days on the forums, and how forumy it was for as far as the eye could see you know.

Did I tell you about the spider in my bath? It was a cute little one, mmm, not one of those horrid big scraggly hairy ones, marooned on an island of wet clothes amid oceans of warm soapy water, I rescued the poor thing.

Oh gosh look at the time, gosh I'm overdue, can I have my nervous breakdown now? I can?! Oh good! :D :splodey: That's much better, thank you :D .

What was I saying? oh yeah, you know you need a trim when 18 year old people look at you and the first thing they say is "Werewolf", but even more disturbing is when they say "You remind me of Dumbledore", I'm not THAT old and hairy! I'm still 18 years old in my mind, I am...I AM!!!

Finally, before I sign off, that was a wonderful chicken burger I just had. That is all.

The Meaningless.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I wonder what number this post is? How many total posts have I ever put on The Pack?

Edit: It's 4663. That's a prime number.
Last edited by Scott Gardener on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Scott Gardener wrote:I wonder what number this post is? How many total posts have I ever put on The Pack?
4663 and rising
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

im looking our member list and noticed that 40% of our members didnt post a single post are they bots or what?
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:im looking our member list and noticed that 40% of our members didnt post a single post are they bots or what?
You'd be surprised to learn that sometimes real people sign up somewhere and, for whatever reason, never post, or visit again for that matter, they're not removed because they're not bots, you know they're not bots because they don't post inane messages about vi*gra or weight loss products or rude messages etc.

The Meeper.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Space... space... wanna be in space... yeah... want a telescope... go to Jupiter... up, up, up, up... SPACE! SSSPPPAAACCCCEEEE!!!!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Why is it I'm always way ahead of schedule? I'm thinking its one time and when I actually turn to look its another.Arg.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Sevena wrote:Why is it I'm always way ahead of schedule? I'm thinking its one time and when I actually turn to look its another.Arg.
That ought to be a website suffix, .arg, another.arg, your one stop portal to everything that makes you want to scream AAARRRG!

The Meeper.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Post by Chance »

Just realized the nearest bank(that I bank at) is fifteen minutes away. How is that? I live in the city.lol . They closed half their branches and just have a million atm's everywhere. Not everyone participates in mobile banking. sheesh!
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.

Post by Chance »

Ever wonder why you brush your teeth in the same place you, um. Poop. lol . It's kind of discusting actually. I usually keep my toothbrush in the med cabnet but still. If you're not putting the seat down your letting a little tornado swirl yukness all over. Ew . It would be more hygenic to brush at the kitchen sink. So why don't we?
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Got out of work at around 5am and it was already 75 degrees with 80% humidity. It was cooler inside at work and I work with industrial ovens.lol
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

When your work week is extra long and you feel like your day off is never going to arrive. Then it does and you want to do things but totally don't feel like it :P instead you just consider taking naps all day. I did however watch some fireworks tonight , so that's something.
My days off got pushed back due to the 4th of July holiday , which in itself isn't bad the coming week will be a day shorter but that leaves me to do my running around on the weekend which if you live in the city is never fun. At least it's gonna be sunny, so guess I'll just drive like a grandma and enjoy the day. Why can't wallyworld go back to being 24/7? Arg!

I wish spam bots were a bit smarter, we could create an area specifically for them to post in and then they wouldn't post all over the place. :lol:
Also: you would think spam bots would update their spam, current events spam would be better than five year old spam :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Firstly let me say I do really like my job. Ok so, the company I work for has started closing for holidays this year. It's always closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas. What I'm about to complain about is minor but still. So, they never pay holiday pay, or give any kind of incentive for working the holiday. Even though they are closed Thanksgiving and Christmas, only the retail side of it get's the actual holiday off.As a baker I always get the Eve of the holiday off since there is no bake for the holiday, but I am there the night of the holiday.
I think the bakers should get some kind of holiday incentive for working. From my understanding, they don't do holiday pay since technically they see the shift as a next day shift. We're always a day ahead, bake wise. What get's me is this " We will be closed (x) day so our associates can spend time with their families". Lol. Only not all employees actually get the holiday off. Like I said it's minor and well it comes with the job. I don't mind working the holiday I just wish they'd give some kind of incentive for it. I miss all the good Christmas movies every year :P
On a side note, geez it's hot. Wonder how many videos we'll see of people frying eggs outside this year. :wetwolf4:
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Bought a vhs of the movie Gladiator the last time I was at the used book store, unopened. Went to watch it last night and my vcr kept spitting it out. Put another tape in just to make sure it wasn't my vcr that had a problem and it was fine. So, I had to take the tape apart to see what was wrong. Everything looked fine, in fact all the moving parts were as they should have been. So I hold down the springs and try to rotate the reel by hand and that's where the problem was.
The reel was catching, but there wasn't anything to catch on. Had to remove the reel and as I did, turning it upside I saw the problem. The reel was warped on the underside, creating to much friction for the tape to turn. Arg! So luckily I have some old record over tapes and well, I had to re-reel the entire tape. Analog is great, you can take it apart and easily figure out how everything works and put it back together. It's wasn't the first time I've taken a tape apart but it is the first time I've ever had to re-reel a tape. Easy but time consuming. Took about an hour to unwind tape and rewind tape doing it by hand.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Lol, I'm totally talking to myself in this thread :lol:
Oh well. Had something on my mind lately. Maybe I'm just at that age, arg! , or just re-evaluating how I want to live the rest of my life. I've been lucky, blessed, advantaged, this past year and continued to work through all the craziness of covid. In fact I worked more overtime this last year than I have in years. Five months , six days straight, every week. Maybe all that work is just catching up with me.Maybe I just need a vacation.
I'm tired of living to work, that's all I do it seems. Yeah sure I have hobbies and things I do outside of work, maybe they're just as fullfilling as they need to be. Maybe I need a job change, maybe I just need to not work so much. I considered going to four days a week but then realized I'd lose my benefits if I did that. It's crazy how many people in the US have health benefits tied to their employment. I certainly could not afford the coverage I'm getting now, all out of pocket.
We, the average american, work most of our lives to have a little nest egg to get us through our declining years. That is when we move to sunnier places, travel and throw caution to the wind. I have actually done all that already, I've traveled exstensivley within the Us, lived in nine different states, met all kinds of people and lived a full life. I can say I've done that.
I need a break, from the same old same old. I guess I'm looking to re-pursue life, and even though I've done that, I feel like I don't even know where to start.
When I was younger I dove head first into adventure, yeah it didn't always turn out like I had hoped but during that time I learned a lot about me and about life. Now that I'm older I know you can't just dive off without looking first. That's kinda the catch, the pro vs con. Even if you don't have ties to a place you still have your future, financial stability to think of, that nest egg your looking to grow. I know when it comes down to it, it's what I deem is more important. Happiness had always been a driving factor in my life. If you're gonna be poor and work the rest of your life you might as well enjoy what ever it is that you're doing as long as your doing it. What's the point of living if your not doing your best to enjoy it. That's another thing, I have opportunity to enjoy life more, but it comes at some sacrifice. I can live with less, earning less is also something I could live with. Not that I make a bunch of money , I just know how to be poor :P
I'm gonna have to starting writing some things down, really dive into all of this.