How tall should they be?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

How tall, relatively speaking, should the male and female werewolves be?

6 feet
23%
7 feet
48%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
19%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
9%

Total votes: 64

Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I voted for 7, but I think there should be 1-2 feet height difference after transformation. If a guy was 6'4, he'd be 7'4 in gestalt form. If a girl was 5'5, she'd be 5'6. On the gestalt scale, tiny people=tiny gestalts. You'd be taller than 5'3 and really tall compared to "regular" people, but you'd still be little compared to other gestalts.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Black Shuck wrote:I voted for 7, but I think there should be 1-2 feet height difference after transformation. If a guy was 6'4, he'd be 7'4 in gestalt form. If a girl was 5'5, she'd be 5'6. On the gestalt scale, tiny people=tiny gestalts. You'd be taller than 5'3 and really tall compared to "regular" people, but you'd still be little compared to other gestalts.
Yarg.

and don't youo mena 6'^? :) ;)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:I don't want the werewolf to be 100 feet tall. If the werewolf is 10 feet tall, then thats ok. 13 feet is also fine. 20 feet is going to far.

Now do you understand?
13 FEET?! ...do you realize that would be as high as a Basketball player standing on the head of another basketball player?! (Double Shaq's height!!)
Reiluna wrote:
Average human height/weight:

Male - 5'9" = 121-163
Female - 5'4" = 108-144
Where the hell did you get those numbers from?
Indeed...those Height/weight numbers are truely absurd.

I am a 5'7" Male and weigh 124 lbs. I am almost dangerously underweight. (My rib cage is clearly visable through my white t-shirts.) Supposedly, my ideal body weight for a small-frame male of my height is about 135-140 lbs.
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

*shrugs*

I found it where I found it. Can;t help it if its 'wrong'.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:I don't want the werewolf to be 100 feet tall. If the werewolf is 10 feet tall, then thats ok. 13 feet is also fine. 20 feet is going to far.

Now do you understand?
13 FEET?! ...do you realize that would be as high as a Basketball player standing on the head of another basketball player?! (Double Shaq's height!!)

Oh good grief...you know we'll never see a 13 foot werewolf in a hollywood film. Maybe in anime, but not in hollywood.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I hope not...
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

There are a lot of charts out there that have horribly innaccurate numbers for what a persons "ideal" wieght is.

Sad thing is, the government uses these charts all the time. :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

13 feet tall :shudder:

To tall that would just be very strange that like as tall as an elaphant so if they're meant for forests why would they be thirteen feet tall ??
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Searif Bogard wrote:what game is that :o
I dunno, but it sucks. At least the werewolves do, IMO. :)

I'd rather see something like this:

http://www.morrowind.com/images/art/mwg ... web03B.jpg

Ok ok, the design isnt that great, but you can see that the werewolf is somewhat bigger, and taller (you can see that he's looking down on the player). I think thats the perfect height.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Trinity wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:I voted for 7, but I think there should be 1-2 feet height difference after transformation. If a guy was 6'4, he'd be 7'4 in gestalt form. If a girl was 5'5, she'd be 5'6. On the gestalt scale, tiny people=tiny gestalts. You'd be taller than 5'3 and really tall compared to "regular" people, but you'd still be little compared to other gestalts.
Yarg.

and don't youo mena 6'^? :) ;)
Yeah, thanks! I get kinda dyslexic when I type and proof read :oops:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

^.^ and even then I screwed it up myself haha. :) Stupid keyboard.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: How tall should they be?

Post by Volkodlak »

sorry for bringing so old topic back too life but i had to coment.

i voted for 7 but i think werewolf should be 2 feet taller than in his human form but there is also this lets take 5'5 tall human when he transform he stand around 6'9(digigrade stance, bended kness and hunched forward) but he can be 7'5 if he stand straight up for short period of time
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Interesting question this, and a bit of a difficult one, it's easy to pick arbitrary numbers to compare against a human, because human beings have very little variation (Edit: clarification...between a casual/slouching/relaxed stance or standing up straight like a board) when you measure the standing height. Werewolves on the other hand are fraught with anatomical weirdness. My vote would be "depends on the human" who turns into the wolf, short people become short werewolves, tall people become tall werewolves, and as a general rule of thumb I'd measure a werewolf not by height, but by length, how long the werewolf is when it is stretched out from toe claws to nose tip, I'd have this be approximately the same as a human who is standing up on the ball of their feet, so a 6' tall human, who is 6'4 on the ball of their feet, would become a werewolf that is 6'4 from toe claw to nose tip, and fit in all the proportional changes inside that.

As a side note, the digitigrade posture most people think of actually cuts a fair amount of height from a human frame, I'm 6' tall standing normally, but drop to about 5'6" or so when I lean foreward, bend at the knees and let my heels come off the floor, I've little reason to think a gestalt werewolf body type based on my proportions would be any taller, but I don't think it has to be, any werewolf is going to be an imposing presence whether it's 5'6" or 9' tall in my humble opinion.

Not that I don't think towering werewolves shouldn't happen :) .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:Interesting question this, and a bit of a difficult one, it's easy to pick arbitrary numbers to compare against a human, because human beings have very little variation (Edit: clarification...between a casual/slouching/relaxed stance or standing up straight like a board) when you measure the standing height. Werewolves on the other hand are fraught with anatomical weirdness. My vote would be "depends on the human" who turns into the wolf, short people become short werewolves, tall people become tall werewolves, and as a general rule of thumb I'd measure a werewolf not by height, but by length, how long the werewolf is when it is stretched out from toe claws to nose tip, I'd have this be approximately the same as a human who is standing up on the ball of their feet, so a 6' tall human, who is 6'4 on the ball of their feet, would become a werewolf that is 6'4 from toe claw to nose tip, and fit in all the proportional changes inside that.

As a side note, the digitigrade posture most people think of actually cuts a fair amount of height from a human frame, I'm 6' tall standing normally, but drop to about 5'6" or so when I lean foreward, bend at the knees and let my heels come off the floor, I've little reason to think a gestalt werewolf body type based on my proportions would be any taller, but I don't think it has to be, any werewolf is going to be an imposing presence whether it's 5'6" or 9' tall in my humble opinion.

Not that I don't think towering werewolves shouldn't happen :) .

The Meeper.
i agree that bending knees decreases height but not much because you lift heels witch lessen the decrease of height

it also depends what kind of WW we are talking about magical ones could be 2 feet taller, but i think if we go by realism it would depend on WW design, but i think height will not increase for more than 1 feet.