No votes

Total votes: 4

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Old Pokemon games

Post by Set »

I restarted some of my old Pokemon games yesteday. I have Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, and the first Stadium game for the N64. On my Red version I ended up with the oddest trainer number: 03370. I noticed it when I was checking the stats of my new Charmander. Unusual no?

But what I really wanted to discuss is my copy of Pokemon Stadium. I cleared the memory so all the save data is gone. I don't play it much anymore and can't really dredge up enough interest to start again. I was wondering if I should just sell it. I would leave a small gift for whoever bought it - a level 100 Mew. I'm not sure how I would go about selling it though. Maybe I can get my mother to auction it off on Ebay or something.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

A long time ago, I sold my copy of Chrono Trigger (fairly cheap, too). I had beaten it many, many times, and I wasn't much interested in it anymore. However, less than a year later I started regretting it -- it had been one of my favorite games, and I wouldn't have minded playing through it again now that it had been a while. To this day, I still regret having sold it.

So, if there's any chance you'll end up re-buying it later, you might lose out by selling.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

...sell...

...don't sell...

I don't know. That is completely up to you.

I almost never sell ANY of my games. I sold my Sega Genesis and all my games to buy a N64 game once...and soon regretted it. I've since bought back a SG and all the games I had previously, plus some.

If you dont like those games any more, or don't think you will ever play them again, go ahead and sell. (Just don't expect to get alot of $ for them.)

ON the one hand, part of me says, "never sell...you will always regret it later."...

...but on the other hand, if no one ever sold thier old games, then there would not be any classics on the market for ME to buy. ( I LOVE classic games.)

(BTW...I'm not interested in buying your Pokemon games. I allready own Red/Blue, Gold/Silver and P.S. with level 100 Mew and Mewtwo loaded on it.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I know one thing. I hated the old nintendo cartridge games. Why? well, some has a battery inside for saves. No, the battery doesn't save the game. It supplies power for the memory chip inside.

When that battery dies, you can't save your game anymore. You can still play the game, though.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vilkacis wrote:A long time ago, I sold my copy of Chrono Trigger (fairly cheap, too). I had beaten it many, many times, and I wasn't much interested in it anymore. However, less than a year later I started regretting it -- it had been one of my favorite games, and I wouldn't have minded playing through it again now that it had been a while. To this day, I still regret having sold it.

So, if there's any chance you'll end up re-buying it later, you might lose out by selling.

-- Vilkacis
This is why I dont like selling games, even if i dont play the game i still wont sell it. I gues you can see me as collector of some sort.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:A long time ago, I sold my copy of Chrono Trigger (fairly cheap, too). I had beaten it many, many times, and I wasn't much interested in it anymore. However, less than a year later I started regretting it -- it had been one of my favorite games, and I wouldn't have minded playing through it again now that it had been a while. To this day, I still regret having sold it.

-- Vilkacis
This is why I dont like selling games, even if i dont play the game i still wont sell it. I gues you can see me as collector of some sort.

yes, but it'll get to the point where you won't have room for all those games.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:This is why I dont like selling games, even if i dont play the game i still wont sell it. I gues you can see me as collector of some sort.
...I've allready begun to run into that problem...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:This is why I dont like selling games, even if i dont play the game i still wont sell it. I gues you can see me as collector of some sort.
Time to box it up and rent some storage space. That or buy a portable shed for your backyard. :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Time to box it up and rent some storage space. That or buy a portable shed for your backyard. :D
stick some under your bed :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image