Bitten

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Bitten

Post by Volkodlak »

sorry everyone for my part in geting this topic off tracks.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

BewareTheFullMoon wrote: I actually thought the super lycan looked pretty good. I mean, it wasn't my ideal werewolf, but I've seen a lot worse. I thought the one in Ginger Snaps was pretty gross looking (although I really enjoyed the movie overall). Now that this thread has completely run off the tracks, ha ha...
Eh. We can all find examples of werewolves that were worse than the super-lycan -- something I take as a bad sign... Anyway, it still wasn't anything to write home about. The one in Helsing, was almost a template of how a werewolf could be done right, however. Granted, I think going full CGI was unnecessary, and probably wouldn't have looked as good as a practical effects solution, but hey, it still looked good.
BewareTheFullMoon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by BewareTheFullMoon »

The design of the Van Helsing werewolves is amazing! I almost think it's just too much to hope that other films will do werewolves as well as they did. I also don't have a problem at all with fully CGI werewolves. It seems a lot of movie monsters and affects are CGI now and I think that at least for the big budget films and shows they do a really great job. I mean, if there were werewolves in Lord of the Rings I'm sure they would have been outstanding. I liked how they did the werewolves in the Twilight films *ducks to avoid being hit with rotten fruit* it's just a lot of crud to sit though if you're only in it for the werewolves.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

BewareTheFullMoon wrote:The design of the Van Helsing werewolves is amazing! I almost think it's just too much to hope that other films will do werewolves as well as they did. I also don't have a problem at all with fully CGI werewolves. It seems a lot of movie monsters and affects are CGI now and I think that at least for the big budget films and shows they do a really great job. I mean, if there were werewolves in Lord of the Rings I'm sure they would have been outstanding. I liked how they did the werewolves in the Twilight films *ducks to avoid being hit with rotten fruit* it's just a lot of crud to sit though if you're only in it for the werewolves.
what werewolfs in Twilight films?
BewareTheFullMoon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by BewareTheFullMoon »

lovec1990 wrote:what werewolfs in Twilight films?
LOL. Ok "shapeshifters" then. Personally I thought they were the best thing the series had going for it.

Edited to fix the quote bubble...which got messed up somehow. ??
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Hey, Meeper. At least he wasn't having to make that pitch about the "super-lycan" in Awakening. That thing was fugly.
:thpt2:
Oh god. What would that look like..."He's like the original lycan. But bigger and more muscular, with a gnarly rugged look."

No, he looks like a living balloon animal werewolf that got burned in a fire. Somebody, please, give that guy some skin cream...*Shudder*.

Credit where it's due, they fixed the frog-like limb to torso ratio and gave him more wolfish features, even if he did look like a burn victim bulldog chewing a wasp.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:
Uniform Two Six wrote:Hey, Meeper. At least he wasn't having to make that pitch about the "super-lycan" in Awakening. That thing was fugly.
:thpt2:
Oh god. What would that look like..."He's like the original lycan. But bigger and more muscular, with a gnarly rugged look."

No, he looks like a living balloon animal werewolf that got burned in a fire. Somebody, please, give that guy some skin cream...*Shudder*.

Credit where it's due, they fixed the frog-like limb to torso ratio and gave him more wolfish features, even if he did look like a burn victim bulldog chewing a wasp.

The Meeper.
are you talking about leg to body ratio if you do they didnt fix anything they made it wrong becouse legs are too short for its body
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Never mind.

The Meeper.
Last edited by Meeper on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

getting good at what?
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

BewareTheFullMoon wrote: I thought the one in Ginger Snaps was pretty gross looking
Man you ain't kidding!

But the #1 spot for the ugliest werewolf EVER!!! would have to go to the "Evil Ed" one from Fright Night.

Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

:sickpup:
"Thank" you for reminding us, Alpha.
:P
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

No problemo! :lol: God how I love those 80's horror flicks. Some were so cheesy, and yet so awesome at the same time!
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

A little more on topic:

Bitten is a few episodes in to season 2 so far and it's going waaaay better than season 1. They've basically kept up a a fast pace with lots of action this time, and have introduced witches and magic. I think this season will really show the potential of Bitten.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

I wonder who does the werewolf transformation effects for the series. They look good. Now where is Freeborn's version? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6APMu3OHcPw I still don't see her face transform on screen. (except as reflected in a woman's eye) Does her long hair grow back into her head or is it absorbed?