Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

How will Goverment deal with werewolfs

Post by Volkodlak »

Lets talk allitle:

A little guideline so we will have same view of werewolf for this talk:
-lets say that werewolfs do not posses any wolf instincts so werewolfs are 100% in control of their actions and they change during full moons and high adrenaline level and quite severe emotions can couse TF.
-They look like sugarpoultry´s werewolfs and they have three forms and in human form they do not posses any visual evidence that they are werewolfs.

Lets say that werewolf is seen in public and police captures it and number of videos of all this is online so basically werewolfs become public and there is quite enough evidence(witnesses,video evidence) to prevent goverment from saying its a fake so my question is how would goverment respond to this and what will they do to werewolfs?
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: How will Goverment deal with werewolfs

Post by Meeper »

I'd like to think any government in the modern era would act like grown ups and protect werewolves as any other citizen. Werewolf lore, unless any of it is inescapably true and real, will be swept away by scientific investigations. New classes of work may be created targeting werewolf talents. Address issues of safety, treatments, and infection control that does not involve culling (AKA Murder in my book).

That's what I'd like to think. I can see less stable or mature governments, or rogue elements in otherwise good governments throwing a monkey wrench in the whole program though. I think there would be at least some trouble, but nothing like on the scale depicted in overly dramatic films. The biggest problem would be the werewolves themselves, how much they've decided to buck mainstream society, and more importantly, how far they're willing to go to stay there. If there's one thing that mainstream society and its government is really really bad at, it's leaving small pockets of different people the frick-a-frack alone. Look in any history book for examples of the consequences of that.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Question is how would they find them becouse there is no visual evidence that they are werewolfs until they do they cannot do anything and i doubt all werewolfs will reveal themself imidietly after being made public.

Only two way to find them is to do it Underworld way a mendatory blood test, but i doubt many people will like this second one is give them an offer they cannot refuse like social benefits.

As for how i think my goverment(Slovenian) will react:

I think at first they will be in shock then they will try to calm panicking people down and there is a one thing that will help with calming people down and that its that there were no recorded wolf attack on human in 100 years so some will calm down, but one thing is people will most of the month move as usual but during full moon no one will be outside so goverment could track down werewolfs and just observe and i belive goverment will try too hire a werewolfs to join the police with better pay and social benefits
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:Question is how would they find them becouse there is no visual evidence that they are werewolfs until they do they cannot do anything and i doubt all werewolfs will reveal themself imidietly after being made public.

Only two way to find them is to do it Underworld way a mendatory blood test, but i doubt many people will like this second one is give them an offer they cannot refuse like social benefits.
Underworld Awakening,the film which I'm assuming is the source of the mandatory blood testing reference, is a contrived piece of ripping yarn. If your werewolves were discovered tomorrow, I think the world would be too busy buzzing with excitement at the novelty to wage a mandatory registration campaign, let alone orchestrate a mass cull.

The government wouldn't have to do either, your werewolves are just people, presumably mingled with the general population and are already on government medical books. Even if the government needed a registration database of werewolves, it's no different from holding a database of people with heart disease or diabetes, or in the case of potentially infectious werewolves, akin to HIV+ patient records. If it's a problem, come forward and seek help. If you're infectious, encourage responsible screening so you can be properly handled in hazardous situations. Amnesty may be granted where appropriate. Etc. Every other werewolf, go have a nice life. Being a werewolf isn't special, it's just another weird thing.

Like I said, it probably mostly depends how precious and belligerent werewolves are about not being a known demographic.

The Meeper.

P.S. What's a sugarpoultry?
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper i dont think werewolf virus is anything compared too HIV, heart disease or diabetes becouse these diseases are something no one wants to have plus there are just downsides while WW virus gives you strenght,agility,speed and you can transform into wolf and wolflike creature.

Yes werewolfs are just people trying too live, but they have certian powers that makes them more dangerous than other normal humans.

So goverment will need to find them so they can determine what too do with them plus try to recruit them into police.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:Meeper i dont think werewolf virus is anything compared too HIV, heart disease or diabetes becouse these diseases are something no one wants to have plus there are just downsides while WW virus gives you strenght,agility,speed and you can transform into wolf and wolflike creature.
I'm talking about the fact that werewolf symptoms can legitimately be on your medical record, just like heart disease, diabetes, or HIV. And that getting your werewolf details recorded that way, and thus be effectively a registered werewolf, is less obnoxious than mandatory blood tests. I wasn't directly likening a werewolf virus to those diseases.

*Edit*
I wasn't directly comparing a werewolf virus with those diseases, except in the case of HIV. The comparison is where the werewolf virus is infectious and incurable, as HIV is infectious and incurable. In those cases, if a werewolf is in a high risk situation, like a car accident where the werewolf is leaking infectious blood everywhere, rescue and medical crews will want to know about that, Agreed? And that' is the reason to get the info on your medical records.

The Meeper.
Last edited by Meeper on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

lovec1990 wrote:P.S. What's a sugarpoultry?
An Werewolf artist

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8806
Meeper wrote:I'm talking about the fact that werewolf symptoms can legitimately be on your medical record, just like heart disease, diabetes, or HIV. And that getting your werewolf details recorded that way, and thus be effectively a registered werewolf, is less obnoxious than mandatory government enforced blood tests. I wasn't directly likening a werewolf virus to those diseases.The Meeper.
Still being a werewolf is compared to carrying an concealed gun but gun can be spoted while werewolf would need some sort of ID telling others that hes a were so basicAly werewolfs would need to have this writen on theirs ID.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:
Meeper wrote:I'm talking about the fact that werewolf symptoms can legitimately be on your medical record, just like heart disease, diabetes, or HIV. And that getting your werewolf details recorded that way, and thus be effectively a registered werewolf, is less obnoxious than mandatory government enforced blood tests. I wasn't directly likening a werewolf virus to those diseases.The Meeper.
Still being a werewolf is compared to carrying an concealed gun but gun can be spoted while werewolf would need some sort of ID telling others that hes a were so basicAly werewolfs would need to have this writen on theirs ID.
Yes, there will probably be werewolf licenses and curfews. Because not even self controlled werewolves can help themselves. When the moon is full and bright they're all of a sudden going to start some shiznit yo! Everybody knows it. Bad things be goin' down brah. Crap he got a slow agonizing werewolf transformation! RUN!!!1!!one1!!

:)

Joking aside, this is getting silly Lovec. At the beginning of this thread you told us your werewolves are in control, always. The only direct reason for ID is to disclose infection risk and any other problems the werewolf has in situations where it might be an issue. You ruled out the gun analogy in the beginning, why bring it up now?

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

trick is meeper that being a werewolf is same as carrying a concealed gun and gun owner and werewolf can be both totaly safe,calm and in control, but they are still more dangerous than normal human becouse they are armed one with gun other with claws, teeth and strenght
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:trick is meeper that being a werewolf is same as carrying a concealed gun and gun owner and werewolf can be both totaly safe,calm and in control, but they are still more dangerous than normal human becouse they are armed one with gun other with claws, teeth and strenght
Ok then, werewolves are walking guns. Now what?

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Well problem with that is how would police deal with a werewolf there is no way two police officers can restrain a werewolf in human form
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:Well problem with that is how would police deal with a werewolf there is no way two police officers can restrain a werewolf in human form
Better weapons and/or negotiation skills?

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Well weapons are quite effective just they need to know they are dealing with a werewolf at first place plus they will still need to use force where werewolf will have an upper hand.Negotiation skill is a good one just you cannot allways negotiate.

Plus i belive all werewolfs well at least ones who are not bitten after werewolfs become public would not break laws and try too live normal life.

So best way to deal with werewolf is if one of police officers is also a werewolf thats why goverment will try too recruit them plus police could be trained how to deal with a werewolf if one of them is a werewolf.

I belive search and rescue units and firefighters would like to have a werewolf working for them plus werewolfs would join them sooner than join the police becouse they would get positive view if they are seen helping other normal humans.

I just got funny thing in my head with werewolfs being public:

If werewolfs are public hunters will have a problem becouse if they would want to shoot a wolf they will be relucant to do it becouse it could be a werewolf so when hunters shoot a wolf 99,99% would be praying: please be a normal wolf.
Second one is: one farmers sheeps from your village could be mauled by wolf and you could be accused of it becouse he does not like you.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'd expect two things to happen.

#1: The government to act as if they had no prior knowledge, to treat the matter as if nothing had been confirmed and there may still be some possibility of it being a hoax, to ask for calm, and assure everyone that they are going to look into the matter to the fullest of their capacity.

#2: The tea-baggers to IMMEDIATELY accuse all liberals of being werewolf sympathizers, if not actual werewolves, secretly plotting to destroy America from the inside and usher in werewolf sharia law.

We are, unfortunately, in an information-driven, anti-intellectual-empowered society in which literally everything had to be twisted and distorted into somehow being a hot button political topic (remember when eating right and exercising wasn't political?). So I have no doubt that, no matter how the government intended to handle it in the long term, they wouldn't get there before it became yet another idiot political circus.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:Well weapons are quite effective just they need to know they are dealing with a werewolf at first place plus they will still need to use force where werewolf will have an upper hand.
I think the best thing to do there is make it an additional offense to be a un-known werewolf who knowingly uses that werewolf status to gain advantages in executing other illegal activities. That's when mandatory registration should be enforced. We can have a werewolf offenders register, similar to the sex offenders register.
lovec1990 wrote:So best way to deal with werewolf is if one of police officers is also a werewolf thats why goverment will try too recruit them plus police could be trained how to deal with a werewolf if one of them is a werewolf.
That's a double edged sword, which opens up the opportunity to question the validity of a werewolf police officer's actions in hostile situations. Sending a maniac to stop a maniac metaphorically speaking, or to be specific in this case sending a werewolf to stop a werewolf, I can't imagine what the ramifications of that are, but I'll be willing to bet they're nothing like as simple as it seems.
lovec1990 wrote:I belive search and rescue units and firefighters would like to have a werewolf working for them plus werewolfs would join them sooner than join the police becouse they would get positive view if they are seen helping other normal humans.
If a werewolf can transform at will, and if it has the right attributes once transformed, then yes, it could come in handy, particularly in cold rugged environments (I'm looking squarely at mountain rescue).
lovec1990 wrote:If werewolfs are public hunters will have a problem becouse if they would want to shoot a wolf they will be relucant to do it becouse it could be a werewolf so when hunters shoot a wolf 99,99% would be praying: please be a normal wolf.
With a knowing general population, there'd be no reason to hide werewolf status. So if you are going to parade around as a wolf in hunting territory, you'd owe it to yourself to wear a tag, collar, or dog jacket. Problem solved. Failure to ID while in wolf form (which doesn't necessarily require anything more than answering a question with a nod or raising a paw or whatever it needs to make an identity case) could be deemed an offense, for more situations than just getting shot at.

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:I think the best thing to do there is make it an additional offense to be a un-known werewolf who knowingly uses that werewolf status to gain advantages in executing other illegal activities. That's when mandatory registration should be enforced. We can have a werewolf offenders register, similar to the sex offenders register.
i agree, but still even if werewolf is in register and how will officer know hes dealing with werewolf ?
Meeper wrote:That's a double edged sword, which opens up the opportunity to question the validity of a werewolf police officer's actions in hostile situations. Sending a maniac to stop a maniac metaphorically speaking, or to be specific in this case sending a werewolf to stop a werewolf, I can't imagine what the ramifications of that are, but I'll be willing to bet they're nothing like as simple as it seems.
well there are black cops arresting black people so i do not see the problem with werewolf arresting werewolf.
Meeper wrote:With a knowing general population, there'd be no reason to hide werewolf status. So if you are going to parade around as a wolf in hunting territory, you'd owe it to yourself to wear a tag, collar, or dog jacket. Problem solved. Failure to ID while in wolf form could be deemed an offense, for more situations than just getting shot at.
and how will werewolf put dog jacket on?
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:i agree, but still even if werewolf is in register and how will officer know hes dealing with werewolf ?
Police are often the first to find out this information in the field, which is then used as "intelligence" in further dealings with the offender. Besides, in hostage or siege situations there's time to pull up records, but in an impromptu show-down I don't think there's time to make it useful unless the officer already knows the offender personally, certainly a werewolf offender isn't likely to be thinking about volunteering such information till after they've been subdued or escaped, by which time their supernatural capabilities will probably have given them away anyway.
lovec1990 wrote:well there are black cops arresting black people so i do not see the problem with werewolf arresting werewolf.
I'm not sure the werewolf situation quite mirrors that assertion Lovec. Even if it does, I still don't think it will be even that simple a case to make. If it were up to me? A werewolf could be like a police dog and handler rolled into one. Sure, it seems like a no brainer to use a werewolf to deal with another werewolf one on one, and I can see where it would be helpful, a werewolf officer might smell the offending werewolf and thus ID them as a werewolf, which can be a seductive argument, but the fact we're talking at such simplistic levels about it makes me wary of agreeing with it, particularly where a normal human is involved. I don't have the intelligence to break this one down further than I already have, at least not yet, so arguing with me is pointless. Maybe someone else has some enlightening thoughts?
lovec1990 wrote:and how will werewolf put dog jacket on?
Legs go through the leg straps, arms go through the arm straps, belt goes round the middle. Transform. Done.

The Meeper.
Last edited by Meeper on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

meeper wouldn´t papper spray be more effective against a werewolf considering their senses are more sensitive even in human form?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Terastas wrote:I'd expect two things to happen...

The tea-baggers to IMMEDIATELY accuse all liberals of being werewolf sympathizers, if not actual werewolves, secretly plotting to destroy America from the inside and usher in werewolf sharia law.

We are, unfortunately, in an information-driven, anti-intellectual-empowered society in which literally everything had to be twisted and distorted into somehow being a hot button political topic...
Off topic:
I'm sensing that we've reached Trump-saturation. :D
Seriously, Terastas. It's at least six months until the political races get serious. Do what I do. Just sit back with a Mike's Hard Lemonade and enjoy the spectacle of Republicans trying to out-crazy and out-bigot The Donald. If you can get past the mildly horrifying prospect that one of these yahoos might actually win, it's really quite funny.