The place for anything at all...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Refugee Crisis

Post by Volkodlak »

Well this is geting out of control.

I cannot belive that Austria will returning refugees to Slovenia and Croatia becouse very few of them asks for asylum in Slovenia or Croatia and they think this would change things, but in reality refugees will find new way too reach Germany or other targeted country.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Refugee Crisis

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Yeah, what's the deal with this? I mean, mostly, these guys just want to reach Germany -- and for the time being at least, the Germans seem to be obliging them. How come Hungary and Austria are freaking since most of these refugees are just trying to pass through?

Also now that I see they're at the gates of Slovenia, how are you guys taking this? Are people freaking out?

On a slight aside, I'd also like to vent at my countrymen who are complaining about the (I think the number is) 7,000 refugees we've allowed to enter the U.S. They're b****ing about how we can't take the chance that terrorists will slip into the country.
:x
In my opinion, we should be entirely responsible for all the refugees -- since this whole thing practically is our fault. We set this whole chain of events in motion in 2003 and now we're taking the attitude that "well, that's Germany's problem". Frankly, I'm not sure what's more surreal, this garbage or Donald Trump seriously advocating invading Syria to "take the oil". I swear, we're stuck on stupid or something.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six :Yeah, what's the deal with this? I mean, mostly, these guys just want to reach Germany -- and for the time being at least, the Germans seem to be obliging them. How come Hungary and Austria are freaking since most of these refugees are just trying to pass through?

Austria has a problem with that no one wants too stay with us, but they are freaking out becouse there is too many of them and they were transit roads before us so they are more affected.

Uniform Two Six :Also now that I see they're at the gates of Slovenia, how are you guys taking this? Are people freaking out?

Up this moment things are quite calm so police can do their jobs plus refugees seem to, be more calm at our borders plus some of them are actually helping the police by translating, local people are quite calm and actually delivering food, water,clothes to refugess and even police are getting hot food and drinks from people.

So if this stays this way it would be nice, but there are still more people coming and we are small country so things might get out of hand.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Given the political situation in Italy, I think the Italians wouldn't hesitate to close the border with Slovenia if it looks like the refuge problem is about to spill over onto their turf. So if Austria refuses to let them through to Germany, this could get interesting out your way pretty quickly. My biggest worry, though is what happens if Germany decides it's had enough and says no more. Merkel is trying to get the rest of the EU to adopt a quota system, but for the most part nobody is taking her up on it. For the moment, Germany (and I mean the average German in the street) is actually reveling in the goodwill this is generating, so it doesn't look like that's getting ready to happen, but there's something like four million Syrian refugees that have been displaced by the war to one extent or another. Germany simply can't cope with numbers like those if all of them suddenly decide that they want to move there. Moreover, if it does happen, there's not many places for them to go. France, Belgium and the Netherlands are about it. After that they hit the North Sea.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

A little update:

Now we are hit by second wave of refugees and troubles are at our gates Austria wants that only 1500 of refugees comes into their country per day,Slovenia is procesing 2500 per day and Croatia wants to send us 5000 refugees per day.Slovenia,Austria and Croatia worked cordinated for 24 hours, but then Croatians started to send Buses and a train ahead of agreed time plus they officialy said they are sending 1200 refugees by train but on that train there were 2000+ refugees who bearly could breathe.

This will get intresting if Croatians escelate this becouse when there will be too many refugees Slovenia will close borders.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Well, I figured that Italy would be the one to pull the trigger, but apparently the Hungarians beat them to it and closed their border with you guys. It will be interesting to see if the Schengen Zone survives this. I seriously hope Italy and Austria don't follow suit. Slovenia is too small a country to be able to cope with numbers like this. I'm really hoping that Merkel can arm-twist the other EU members to adopt a quota system. That's the only way that this is going to work.

I really like how the EU is thus far, exerting most of its influence to essentially bribe Turkey to take all of the refugees itself. Hungary is seriously floating the idea of an EU rapid-reaction-force made up of military personnel from all over the EU to go down to Greece and stop the Syrians at Greece's borders. At the same time, nothing is being said about Russia, which is probably doing more to worsen the refugee problem than anything else. If it were up to me, I'd start putting pressure on the Russians to start taking in the refugees and make them shoulder some of the burden for a change.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

I think its starting we allready closed one border crossing and only sick,injured,women and children can enter at this crossing plus around 10000 of refugees could reach Croatia today
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

I think this may very well be the single greatest challenge to EU cooperation in its history. The various constituent states (particularly at the moment, Hungary, Slovakia, and the U.K.) need to come together and actually work with one another. On the other hand, that's a little of the pot calling the kettle black since we (the U.S.) are patently doing nothing to help the situation. Ordinarily, I would start ranting at my own country here, but in the last month or so Russia has managed to make enough mischief in the middle of this disaster to make our screw-ups look miniscule by comparison.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Here we go lets all blame the Russia.

Our police cannot manage the influx of refugees anymore so goverment deployed army to help.
12144658_1689193427984021_40208405339516454_n.jpg
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

France 24 is reporting that Slovenia is requesting help from NATO to assist in the refugee issue and managing the border.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Im so disapointed with my goverment becouse they arent closing down the border with croatia and building a fence on border
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Which solves the problem how?

I mean, ignoring the fact that the United States has generally done more than any other country to create the problem in the first place (although Russia is rapidly closing the gap), and is doing nothing to help it aside from making vague noises that it's really Germany's problem -- let's not forget that these are legitimate war-refugees. If Europe really wanted to stop this whole thing in its tracks, the opportunity was four years ago when the civil war broke out. I will remind everyone that my point at the time was that Assad was the lesser evil here and that if we were smart, we'd be backing him. Europe was pressuring us to go do something about Assad. Now we're seeing the logical outcome of shoveling money to opposition groups (although Saudi is particularly guilty of this sin), the EU (including Slovenia) can't pretend that this isn't their problem now that it's become inconvenient. Simply closing the borders does nothing to address the basic issue of two million displaced persons. Frankly (while again acknowledging that we haven't covered ourselves in glory on this issue) Hungary should be ashamed of itself. Personally, I'm giving my kudos to the Slovene government for showing some basic humanity (so generally lacking in this whole sad affair) for doing what it can even hampered by sorely limited resources.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Finnaly we are about to build a fence trucks delivered first barbed wires
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

UPDATE:

unofficaly decision was made to build a fence on our south border
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

After the Paris attacks, the Republicans are now moving to stop even the tiny number of refugees that we have been accepting from being granted entry. Several state governors have said that they would block any Syrian refugees from being settled in their states... Legitimate political asylum-seekers, and now we're refusing to let them in because of fears of Daesh. Then Ben Carson (a republican presidential candidate) started seriously advocating that we admit refugees only on the condition that they first pass a test to verify that they're "Christian enough".

How the hell are these nut-cases winning elections?
:?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Finnaly we are slowing down this Refugee current now there are troubles on Greece-Macedon borders becouse not all can go into Macedon and refugees are pissed plus winter is comming.

It seams Greece coast guard is sinking boats with refugees-