Music

The place for anything at all...
Lurch
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Lurch »

Some of the more poetic stuff like Sting, NIN, Disturbed, Dave Matthews, Fleetwood Mac etc. tends to be the most spiritually fulfilling to me. I particularily like these the most.
"If you love someone, set them free" - Gordon Sumner
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

8)
Last edited by Silverclaw on Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

For some reason Collective Soul's "Counting The Days" comes to mind.

Counting the days
Until some freedom can scream my name
Counting the days
Until the gods break these chains
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Even if it's just something you catch a brief line or two of as a character is flipping through radio stations or leafing through an MP3 playlist, I think it's be neat to have a small clip of the late Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" tucked into the movie somewhere. Kinda like how you are gonna sneak in a "duckies" reference, I think it'd be fun to slip that in there too.

"Ahwwoooo... Werewolves of London...."

"I saw a Werewolf drinkin' a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's... and his hair was perfect..."

"I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand... Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain... He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's... Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein ..."

Hmm... actually, that last snippet would be a nice werewolf in-joke to slip into the film... show a menu or advertisement in a scene somewhere nearby a werewolf, promoting a Chinese restaraunt called Lee Ho Fook's....
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

Post by Scott Gardener »

Pop music scores tend to date a film pretty quickly; imagine if Star Wars had disco! I'm also not a fan of a lot of what's popular right now; most of my new music is underground bands and alternative.

If you do have to have rock songs (which is different from a soundtrack that uses electric guitar and drums ambiently), consider the Goth genre--be it older music such as Bauhaus, the Sisters of Mercy, or Joy Division; or newer music such as Abney Park (a big name during the short-lived mp3.com era.) If you need a few sampling hits, check out In Perpetual Motion radio at http://www.ipmradio.com.

But, music topic would be complete without my own recommendations.

The Sisters of Mercy: "This Corrosion" (in fact, the whole Floodland album, half of which was the soundtrack for awhile for my novel.

Type O Negative: "Wolf Moon" (who didn't see that coming?)

Metallica: "Of Wolf and Man" (we all know the lyrics)

The Cure: "Open" (first song off Wish, about being disoriented and wishing one was not still out and about)

Bauhaus: "The Dog's a Vapour" ("There's something in you...")
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Dont forget that lovable classic,
"Hungry like a Wolf" :D
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

That should be the opening. It gives the watchers a taste of the theme, and pulls them in. Native American style music with drums and woodwinds, would add a primal feel to the flim. And as inspriantion...Deep Forest. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Naaa...I want new music. I don't mind orchestral music. Umm...maybe one or 2 old songs. But it has to fit the scene perfectly.
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

hence why I suggested Deep Forest. Hear their song, "Sweet Lullaby" and you know why I love them 8)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

...would it be wrong of me to toot my own horn on this matter?

Baph's Music (I'm LL, by the way)

But then again, most of the other groups I'd recommend have already been recommended.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Wyla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Singing dog

Post by Wyla »

'Spirit' by Inoran.

Also 'Wings Of Steel' and 'Razor Sharp' by Collide. They provide some soft but eerie music. This site has both of these songs and more for download.
Last edited by Wyla on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The song that I mentioned earlier, 'No one Lives Forever' was actually mentioned in the werewolf book Blood and Choclate! I was happily surprised. I'm obsessed with the band that made that song hwlwnk 8)