Questions

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Questions

Post by Silverclaw »

I have a few questions to ask.

What other films has this studio done in the past?

Will Devoured be direct to video or be a theatrical release?

Is their a basic plot outline yet?

Where will filming take place and where is the studio located(state)?

Thanks! :D
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Wow, good questions..

I'll refer all that to the filmmakers and get them to answer.

CB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Thank you :)
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Finally someone with the truly inquisitive mind. I bow to your journalistic skills.

First of all, let me be blunt, by being a touch evasive. There are a few things that I cannot talk about due to legal relasons (disclosures and such), as well as current talks that are underway. I wouldn't want to jeaopardise anything we are currently working on.

So, that being said I will answer these the best I can at the current moment.

(What other films has this studio done in the past?)
The answer to that is none. However, those involved all have their own backgrounds, which would be wrong of me to speak on. They are currently working on another project at the moment entitled "slithers' (another horror film) .. I am actually not a member of Re-Quest Entertainment. I have been brought in as the director for THIS project. More about me to follow later.

(Will Devoured be direct to video or be a theatrical release?)
This I am pleased to say is being prepped for a theatrical release at this point. I will freely admit when the project came to me, it was designated as a low budget, direct to video release. I am VERY pleased to say that due to the responses from this website, the budget is being reworked to accomodate a theatrical release. So, that is ONE of the many ways this website has been beneficial.

(Is there a basic plot outline yet?)
Yes, there is. Actually there is a completed script. However due to many of the things we've seen here, that script has been tossed back into revisions. Yet ANOTHER way this website has been beneficial.

(Where will filming take place and where is the studio located?)
The production company is located in Texas. However the location as to where the film will be shot remains to be seen. It will be based on both the final script, the budget (one of the things that I cannot mention at the current time), and what location fits best for the purposes of the plot. Also there are other factors that I cannot currently discuss.

As for myself.

My name is Anthony Brownrigg. I am 36 years old, and I have been a filmmaker for over 24 years. I act, and direct, as well as write. I have the fortunate luck of having had a father who was also a producer/director. S.F. Brownrigg, who directed many slasher films in the seventies (Don't look in the basement, Poor white trash II, Keep my grave open. etc) True these were 16mm slasher flicks. But I still got to play with blood, and fake knives when I was only eight (evil grin). I've produced, and writtten a few things, won some awards at festivals, and done the typical 'art house' style filmmaker thing. Oddly enough as much as I enjoy horror, my main love is drama, comedy, and science fiction. I have a few short films on my website if you want to see a smattering of what I've been working on recently. More of me is also on the IMDB, but its still listed as Tony Brownrigg. (damn, I wish I could get them to finally change that)

In addition to this film, I am also working on a Sci-Fi series based upon a roleplaying game "Digital Burn". And a webseries in development entitled "Red Squad 4".. both of these are available on my site.

I have always wanted to direct a werewolf film, and am excited that not only can I finally do one, but that I can include the suggestions and support of the genre's greatest fans.

The idea behind all this hubub is simple. Movies are expensive, its a freakin big canvas. In order to pay for it, you have to sell tickets. Why not get folks that would be the biggest ticket buyers the opportunity to say "Hey, I want a film that looks like this!" . If it works, everyone wins. I get money, career, fame, fast cars, my diamond studded bunny slippers, and my letterman interview. And the fans get a film they can finally be proud of, and truly enjoy without going. "Damn, the movie was okay, but that werewolf sucked!"

Sincerely,

Anthony Brownrigg
http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Oh and will it be availible in the UK or would i have to get it mailed over by a friend? British fan here! =P
*When you're down... howl*
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

the answer is they already have international distribution, as I've heard, I don't know what other deals may be going down.

CB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Thank you very much! :D

I'm very excited about this movie; I hope it does very well in the box office. I also need to look around for some of your films and your fathers. :) (hope you get your diamond studded bunny slippers :wink: )

Another question: What is the realese date? Proably much to early to get specific, but a year peraphes?

Thanks again :D
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Hell even I can tell you they're not even starting preparations until the first of the year. So, yeah its gonna be a while, which is why its great to start this with the fans early on.

CB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Just remember to post up the premises of the film once you are able to! :D Looking forward to that.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Yeah, I'm sure that will happen. Maybe even some video soon.

CB
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

This is probably a pretty vague question. However, I'm wondering what exactly the aim of the movie makers is. Or, more exactly, what message if any they will try conveying to the audience.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

I'm sure Brownrigg probably isnt up at this time. But I'll make sure he gets that one. I'm sure hes got something cooking in his mind he wants for this.

CB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I was wondering, when will Slither come out? Is that direct to video?

And about how many people are working on Devoured now?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:

snip snip snip

If it works, everyone wins. I get money, career, fame, fast cars, my diamond studded bunny slippers, and my letterman interview.
Sincerely,

Anthony Brownrigg
http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com
Make sure you have those slippers on when you do have that Lettermen interview.

:lol:

Just kidding. :wink:
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

I know that this may be premature, but is there any chance, any chance whatsoever, that there will be werewolf action figures or statues based on this film? Speaking for myself and a whole lot of others here, we really want quality werewolf merchandise. Alot of the stuff that's out there now (especially action figures) is either really mediocre or just plain pathetic. :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Alpha wrote:I know that this may be premature, but is there any chance, any chance whatsoever, that there will be werewolf action figures or statues based on this film? Speaking for myself and a whole lot of others here, we really want quality werewolf merchandise. Alot of the stuff that's out there now (especially action figures) is either really mediocre or just plain pathetic. :(
its possible. They had figuers from UnderWorld and Van Helsing.

Question is, who do you want to make the figures?

I say McFarlane!!
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Figarou wrote: its possible. They had figuers from UnderWorld and Van Helsing.

I say McFarlane!!

McFarlane would be a good choice. He does make cool looking werewolves (when he sets his mind to it), but his last one looks like something that my dog threw up. More realistic choices would probably be someone like Stan Winston, Mezco or SOTA. The quality of their figures rival McFarlane's, and they seem to be more willing to take on the properties of smaller less well known studios.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Alpha wrote:
Figarou wrote: its possible. They had figuers from UnderWorld and Van Helsing.

I say McFarlane!!

McFarlane would be a good choice. He does make cool looking werewolves (when he sets his mind to it), but his last one looks like something that my dog threw up. More realistic choices would probably be someone like Stan Winston, Mezco or SOTA. The quality of their figures rival McFarlane's, and they seem to be more willing to take on the properties of smaller less well known studios.
Stan Winston? Might as well count him out. Read the pop up.
http://www.stanwinstoncreatures.com/indexFlash.html

Like you said, McFarlane can do cool looking werewolves IF he sets his mind to it. Mezco and SOTA are also good choices.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Yup, all of those are good. Just as long as its not Jakks Pacific. That Van Helsing line they did should have gotten a few people fired if there was any justice in the "quailty control" department.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Silver - formerly Tamier

Post by Silver »

Diamond studded bunnie slippers? He should wear a set of fangs and have a set of fangs for Letterman to wear while they talk. That would be fun.