Cloths or without?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Reilune wrote:To me at least, wearing clothes as a HUMAN is uncomfortable. I can't imagine how it must be to wear them as a wolf! It really does depend on the form mostly, a transformation to full wolf would make it nearly impossible to wear clothes anyway. A half wolf form might be in need of something, but anything more than a lioncloth or a kilt would not only be uncomfortable, it would be impractical. Running through the forest in a big, loose fitting robe thing would end up having it snagged on branches, torn up by the thorns, ect. Tight things made of spandex would be ridiculously hot and uncomfortable. My vote is really for minimal to no clothes.

"...Full Wolf...", "...Running through the forest..."
Yes...if the werewolves trasformed into full, quadraped, ferral form and decided to go hunting in the woods then NO clothes would make perfect sense.
However, in this case, I believe the Werewolves in this movie will only be able to go to a hybrid Man-Wolf, biped form and will spend most of their time in "developed" arias, far from open woodland.

"Minimal" clothing?...absolutely. That would undeniably be the most comfortable for a Werewolf in Wolf form. Something loose tied around the waist would be sufficient. ...though I think I may actually like to see a werewolf in full dress, (if only for laughs).
:D
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

Opinion:
Werewolves in lupine or ww form wouldn’t need clothes. They already have them in the form of fur and thick pads. Can’t see someone with a fur coat putting a shirt on over it. I could see the newby, especially the first few times, doing the rippage. But it’s just too expensive and uncomfortable. So they’d eventually wear something that could come off quick. In the LARP, I wore a leather vest that tied together with a couple of thick leather ties. Over that I wore a leather jacket. When I would were out, I’d drop the jacket, signifying that I was pulling off the rest of the clothes. Now, I never told that to anybody — didn’t want him or her to start thinking of a striptease. But it’s how I envisioned it. Shoes could be the kind one just kicked off. Pants/skirts could be made with Velcro seams like they do for some modeling shows. A couple of tugs, and no problem.

And I’m for the Scooby treatment. There are times when the issue gets in the way of the enjoyment of the flick, and I’d rather avoid it. If it can be filmed around, then just do it. That way there’s no question of whether or not the genitals exist or in what form or does fur cover, or what. Women would be harder — unless you go with the theory that female werewolves are much like female wolves, and keep the breasts small and fur covered. That’s my vote.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Forget Old Navy, call the Marines!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've discovered that modesty goes out the window when it comes to a crisis or bizarre circumstances. I work in the ER, and people coming in in dire circumstances are not worried too much about their clothing when it interferes with critical care.

Similarly, I would expect that under paranormal circumstances, modesty would go out the window, especially since the body parts you're trying to hide are part of what's changed all of the sudden.

However, some might cling to clothing as an emotional comfort, in an effort to grasp onto something familiar. This tendancy would only come up if werewolves in animal form retained human consciousness or aspects of it, and I would expect this tendancy to be more likely if the shifter were in a hybrid-animal form rather than full wolf form, where human clothing would fail to work, thus defeating the psychology.

And, thanks for the compliments
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Forget Old Navy, call the Marines!

Post by Vuldari »

Scott Gardener wrote:I've discovered that modesty goes out the window when it comes to a crisis or bizarre circumstances. I work in the ER, and people coming in in dire circumstances are not worried too much about their clothing when it interferes with critical care.

Similarly, I would expect that under paranormal circumstances, modesty would go out the window, especially since the body parts you're trying to hide are part of what's changed all of the sudden.

However, some might cling to clothing as an emotional comfort, in an effort to grasp onto something familiar. This tendancy would only come up if werewolves in animal form retained human consciousness or aspects of it, and I would expect this tendancy to be more likely if the shifter were in a hybrid-animal form rather than full wolf form, where human clothing would fail to work, thus defeating the psychology.

And, thanks for the compliments
When I insist that Werewolves would want to cover themselves, I am assuming that they retain most of their human conciousness in their transformed state. (Even if their Fur covers those "parts" sufficiently, the human part of them would still feel Naked without at least some clothing.)

Of course, if you are assuming that they "forget" that they are human after they transform, it would also be logical to assume that they would forget that they should care if those parts are exposed or not.

It really just comes down to the mental state Post-Shift. How Human they feel would detirmine how Human-Like they would dress...or not dress.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Bladewing
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Bladewing »

I don't think they should have clothes when they transform. Or when they go back to human form. if a werewolf had its clothes stretched off when he/she transformed, then when they reverted back to normal, they should still be nude.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Amen, Reilune! Clothes rub my fur the wrong way (It's not fur but it might as well be as dense as it is). I twich and itch all day. If you put clothes on your shifted Werewolves, don't be surprised if they come after you!
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I think in the movie the clothing or non clothing could depend on each individual character's personality in the film.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: Cloths or without?

Post by Anubis »

Think-Harder wrote:Should werewolves in this movie make an effort to wear strethable cloths?

There are two reasons why this would not be neccessary:

They already have fur; the main purpose of cloths is to keep us warm, and to some extent conceal our nudity. Since they already have fur, they wouldn't need cloths for this reason, and I wonder if they would want to conceal their bodies to other members of their pack, especially if they wanted to mate and look desirable.

it doesn't look realistic; the only place outside of myth that I have heard of werewolves wearing cloths is in furry stories and art. Also, who would see them with cloths. Since they don't need it for warmth, is it for sex appeal. Wouldn't they look better without cloths. I don't think they would want to go out in public with cloths on when transformed.

I don't think, if they have lived all their lives as werewolves, that they would care about cloths, but again one possible reason would be if it was to save time, for example, if a female needed to do something quickly, she could put on sweat gear, just take off her running shoes, transform, kill a bunny for a late dinner snack, and just put her shoes back on and transform into human, without worrying that anyone would find her cloths.

There is another reason that I believe they shouldn't have cloths: Association
People don't readily associate animals covered in fur to wear cloths, so if this movie is to take an artistically realistic approach to the werewolves, then it would look silly for them to wear T shirts or stretchy cloths. People wouldn't buy it as easily.
they could wear loing cloths to hid the goods you know they are as much humans as they are wolves so they would have a need to cover up those
swim suit areas and the females could wear bras for suport thats if they are living day to day life in the hybred form if not personally i'll run NAKED!!! :D
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd imagine that the werewolf for a quick change could wear really baggy clothes for it. Or say posibly stripp off their clothes before a suspected change and hide it somewhere they can get to without being seen nakey, or somehow taking it along with them like in a nice handy sack. Though wolves in clothes may not be appealing to people, I don't think running around naked, mainly after shifting back, is appealing to the werewolf.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

It would be really hard to keep pants up with a tail. Especially when running around in full-wolf form. Unless the growing tail ripped a hole in their shorts or whatever.

Human- Why does this pair of shorts have a hole cut in it?

Werewolf(human form)- I...err..um...dont know :oops:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I found a problem. We want to see the full body shifting during the movie with some details such as maybe the hadsn and feet. Yet a nice zoom out inorder to see all thats happening. That is defiently not happening with a naked person in this movie. Plus the clothes, as mentioned, is just so dramatic!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It could be dramatic for someone to find the clothes of someone, not knowing why they're out there. Or, better yet, looking for someone, and then finding their clothes and a wolf nearby. It's an image I've worked with before. I think of the moment the crew of the Next Generation Enterprise in the Trek episode "The Best of Both Worlds, part I" try to rescue Picard from the Borg, and find only his uniform.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

i would have to say that clothing is all the choice of the werewolf *nods* its all the werewolves choice :lol:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:I found a problem. We want to see the full body shifting during the movie with some details such as maybe the hadsn and feet. Yet a nice zoom out inorder to see all thats happening. That is defiently not happening with a naked person in this movie. Plus the clothes, as mentioned, is just so dramatic!
Yeah but all of those don't have to be in one transformation. I'd be happer with more transformations showing only some of these than one "be all, end all" transformation scenes (like the one in Cursed.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Mr_Lycos wrote:PS: Its sad that Monster Squad will likely never be released on DVD due to questionable ownership rights. :cry:
Bootlegs are easy enough to get ahold of, if you follow the convention scene. Wish I'd grabbed one when I had the chance.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote:
Mr_Lycos wrote:PS: Its sad that Monster Squad will likely never be released on DVD due to questionable ownership rights. :cry:
Bootlegs are easy enough to get ahold of, if you follow the convention scene. Wish I'd grabbed one when I had the chance.
bootlegs? Blech!!
PS2 INFORMANT

Post by PS2 INFORMANT »

I decided to go ahead and register here because of some of the debates and questiones being asked tend to gel with my own thoughts on horror movie monsters and how they should be portrayed.

To me the best werewolf and vampire fiction portrays the creatures in a certain fashion and to deviate from that fashion (which in my opinion is the best) tends to ruin the impact of the movie or book about the creatures that I am taking in.

That being said I think werewolves should loose their clothes. I see it as a draw back that the affected individual will just have to learn to deal with.

If the werewolves still wear clothes either in whole or in part to me they just end up not seeming "wolf" enough for my tastes. To me a werewolf must turn into a bonified beast, not a man with fur, but a pure beast. And beasts don't wear clothes.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

PS2 INFORMANT wrote:I decided to go ahead and register here because of some of the debates and questiones being asked tend to gel with my own thoughts on horror movie monsters and how they should be portrayed.

To me the best werewolf and vampire fiction portrays the creatures in a certain fashion and to deviate from that fashion (which in my opinion is the best) tends to ruin the impact of the movie or book about the creatures that I am taking in.

That being said I think werewolves should loose their clothes. I see it as a draw back that the affected individual will just have to learn to deal with.

If the werewolves still wear clothes either in whole or in part to me they just end up not seeming "wolf" enough for my tastes. To me a werewolf must turn into a bonified beast, not a man with fur, but a pure beast. And beasts don't wear clothes.
Don't worry. These werewolves won't have any clothes on in gestalt or wolf form.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: Don't worry. These werewolves won't have any clothes on in gestalt or wolf form.
A wolf with clothes would just look silly. Could you imagine one in a three piece suit?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote: Don't worry. These werewolves won't have any clothes on in gestalt or wolf form.
A wolf with clothes would just look silly. Could you imagine one in a three piece suit?
How about one in shorts?

*points to avatar*
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
How about one in shorts?

*points to avatar*
I meant more of a 'walks on 4 legs and looks like a big dog' wolf. Not the gestalt form.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
How about one in shorts?

*points to avatar*
I meant more of a 'walks on 4 legs and looks like a big dog' wolf. Not the gestalt form.
Oh, you said wolf. Not werewolf.

I feel real small right now. :pupmale:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Three piece or three-piece?

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
How about one in shorts?

*points to avatar*
Oh, you said wolf. Not werewolf.

I feel real small right now. :pupmale:
Don't worry about it, it's an easy mistake to make. And a wolf in a three piece suit would is a lot more likely to be a werewolf. Where would a regular wolf find a three piece suit?
InViSibLe_2_aLL
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by InViSibLe_2_aLL »

Omg, i just pictured the cutest scene for a movie..

A male wolfie, after waking up lying in his own bed still in werewolf form, walking to the kitchen or bathroom in heart boxers.. hehe, i'm weird.
Clever men might argue whether he had been given the soul of a wolf, though born as a human being. What others chose to think or what he chose to think was no good to him at all. It left the wolf inside him just the same.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:
Not really, but I can imagine a llama in one. *cough* http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16544862/ *cough*

InViSibLe_2_aLL : Do I know you from therianthropy.org?