The Wolf's Code...

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: The Wolf's Code...

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

15) Thou shalt answer the challenge of tooth and claw with the fists, feet, and grapples augmented by the teachings of human philosophies and your knowledge in bestial arts and physical strength. Show your worth by teaching your foes the price of one's haughtiness.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

"The Credo of the Wolf" (I really don't remember where I got this, but it's good in a wolfy way.) :D

Respect your Elders.
Teach the young.
Cooperate with the Pack.

Play when you can.
Hunt when you must.
Rest inbetween.

Share your affections.
Voice your feelings.
Leave your mark.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

A young indian man went to his grandfather with a problem.
"Grandfather," he said, "I am troubled. There are many thoughts going on inside me, and they clash and make my heart troubled. Can you tell me what is happening to me?"
Grandfather said; "Inside you there are two wolves, and they are fighting for dominance over your soul. One is Good; caring and virtuous, strong and calm. The other is Evil; selfish and greedy, sneaking and violent. Each wants your soul, so they fight."
The young man asked, "Grandfather, which one will win?" He felt afraid of what was happening with him.
Grandfather answered, "The one that will win is the one that you feed." :|
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Post by ledrif »

Man redeye that was profound....
I'll carry this for the rest of mine life srsly....
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Fenris wrote:14) Thou shalt not mate with thy neighbors pets.... No matter how attractive they be. :wink:
14.2) On second thought, thou shalt not mate with anyone's pets. Seriously, that's just wrong.
14.3) No wild animals either. I mean, really. Why the crap do I need to tell you this?

16) Going out for Halloween as a werewolf is absolutely forbidden, unless it's one of the toony, John Talbain types.

17) People are going to refer to werewolves as being furries. [expletive]ing deal with it!
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

18. Never post a picture of yourself in werewolf form on an Internet forum, no matter how desperately you want to win the argument. On second thought, don't claim that you're a real werewolf, on the Internet or anywhere else, period.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

19) By law, you are forbidden to name yourself after wolves, i.e. "Wolf", "Fang", "Moonlight", etc., unless it has been legally entered into your birth certificate.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:19) By law, you are forbidden to name yourself after wolves, i.e. "Wolf", "Fang", "Moonlight", etc., unless it has been legally entered into your birth certificate.
19.2) Additionally, try to avoid recruiting people with the last name Wolf or a hippie name like Moonbeam in the first place. They may be decent, open-minded people, but with six billion people in the world, I think we can afford to be extra-selective.

20) If you are not sure if an alias is kosher or not, go onto (name a popular furry website) and (name a popular therian website) first and do a search for it. If the search turns up fewer than 100 results, that may be acceptable for use.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

19.3) You are prohibited to enter mythological/folktale names/aliases on the basis of the species of said deity/folktale character matching your shapeshifting species, i.e. Anubis, Wepwawet, Bisclavret, Yatsufusa, Inugami, Gumiho, Huli Jing, Gomainu, etc., unless the entered name/alias explicitly matches your background. Non-animal deities and characters are exempt.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:19.3) You are prohibited to enter mythological/folktale names/aliases on the basis of the species of said deity/folktale character matching your shapeshifting species, i.e. Anubis, Wepwawet, Bisclavret, Yatsufusa, Inugami, Gumiho, Huli Jing, Gomainu, etc., unless the entered name/alias explicitly matches your background. Non-animal deities and characters are exempt.
How about just "No diety names period. You might think they sound cool to identify with a deity, but everyone else thinks it makes you sound like a jackass."
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Noooooo no no no no... The more appropriate word for that would be "like an idiot". Especially if they don't look the part. Also I would like to take other countries who'd rather feel insulted if one doesn't live up to the chosen deity's name into consideration.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Terastas wrote:
kitetsu wrote:19) By law, you are forbidden to name yourself after wolves, i.e. "Wolf", "Fang", "Moonlight", etc., unless it has been legally entered into your birth certificate.
19.2) Additionally, try to avoid recruiting people with the last name Wolf or a hippie name like Moonbeam in the first place. They may be decent, open-minded people, but with six billion people in the world, I think we can afford to be extra-selective.

20) If you are not sure if an alias is kosher or not, go onto (name a popular furry website) and (name a popular therian website) first and do a search for it. If the search turns up fewer than 100 results, that may be acceptable for use.
20.1) If you find less than 100; do a Google search on the name. See if it matches with any known Therian or Furry website. If there is any blog entry noted (especially Facebook), the name is unsuitable.
DarkOriaes
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Seeker Of Knowledge
Mood: RAR!

Post by DarkOriaes »

22. Never go into a pet store. Or else you will be giving a heart attack to every little creature you walk by.
example:

"Oh my god what happened!?!?!" -Manager
"I-I don't know! Some guy walked in, asking for some chew toys for his dog. I pointed, and suddenly all I heard was screams from the animals and now..." - Worker.
".....You're fired." - Manager.

(Be nice and don't get anyone fired)
Knowledge Is Power
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Post by ledrif »

22.2) Never Go into a pet store hungry!
who knows what's going to happen to the cute bunnys if you do :lol:
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

23) Purchase at least one CD or DVD with wolf howling on it. That way, if you or another pack mate has a crowning moment of idiocy and howls at the moon and your neighbors notice, you can brush it off by apologizing for having the volume too loud.

24) Unless the werewolf in question is a dwarf, you will NOT be able to pass him/her off as a dog or wolf-hybrid. Werewolves have trouble enough just passing for full wolves -- don't push your luck by being greedy.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

25) Don't be an astronaut.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

26) Do not attempt to debate a vampire as to who runs the greater risk of exposure. Vampires need blood but can pass for human 24/7, while werewolves have no abnormal requirements but are, at times, unmistakably inhuman. It's a 100% interpretive debate that will just endlessly loop until you either tire each other out or kill each other; don't even bother.

27) Additionally, don't argue over which is cooler either. Remember: vampires always ask that question because they're insecure about themselves; we never talk about it because we know we're the cooler ones. :wink:

28) Avoid discussions when browsing werewolf forums as you will be tempted to sway the conversation towards what you know is the truth.

29) Lurking, however, is encouraged, as it will help to know if any therians, fans or (God help us) filmmakers are somehow dead on in regards to our survival techniques (seriously, who would've thought they'd use rubber duckies too?).
GreyWolfCherokee
Custom Title: GreyWolf69

Post by GreyWolfCherokee »

It is my considered opinion, even though this may be a moot point, the individual were, may or may not be bound by any rules, it would depend entirely upon were they a rule following human or did they always go their own way and follow their own drummer. Pack rules, shmack drools. A were who either cannot or will not follow the rules will soon find him or herself a lone wolf, and to my wolven mind, a lone wolf is far, far more dangerous to humans AND other were. :shift: :P :lol: rvt
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Well werewolfs would have some most imprtant rules like:

1.)Do not reveal existance of Werewolfs too humans
2.)Do not turn a human without whole pack agreing
3.)Do not kill humans

other rules could be pack specific
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kveldulf »

Do not do your business in the den. This means anywhere in your house. Especially if your spouse is not also a werewolf, as Things Will Be Said the next morning as the mop is shoved abruptly into your hands.

Also, in the springtime when you are ready to blow your winter undercoat - no matter how itchy it is making you, do it OUTSIDE. The consequences otherwise are as above, only involving a vacuum cleaner and a whole lot of extra bags for it.