Could it live again?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Could it live again?

Post by Chance »

Ok, so the forum's not dead but I'm using the word hybernating. I know this community originally form around Ab's movie concept, or something to that effect, but it has always been more than that.
You have artists from all walks of life in this place a huge melting pot of talent coming together and sharing their idea's, their work, their hopes for their work. You have people just wanting to share in the dreams of others, play fun games, just connect to like minded people.
I'm not saying that this doesn't still exist here, but it's more than obvious that this forum is no longer an active space for those people and ideas. It's a cemetary of sorts. Kinda makes me sad. After all these years I guess I didn't expect this place to be hopping but I was surprised to see it in this condition.
With all of that said, Why don't you come here anymore? If you could add something to this forum that would bring you back more often what would it be? Ideas and topics might stay the same but perspectives change, and if ideas and topics do stay the same then when your perspective changes those thing aren't always as relevant as they used to be.When your young you can live in a little bit of fantasy but as you get older your forced to live in reality.
We can all share an affinity for something but given that people are at different places in their life, their has to be more than just one thin thread bringing everyone together.
Maybe I should have posted this in Site Direction?
I know there are other online social options out there nowadays and a lot people are using them but forums provide a more personal expeirience(thats totally spelled wrong), and there are forums that have plenty of life on them, so what do you think the issue is here? Is it because the forum is centered around one idea and the growth for the idea has reached it's limit? I mean I think every aspect of a werewolf and werewolf life has been covered.
If this is a creative forum, can we not actually make it that? As this forum has morphed over the years and doesn't revolve around one peticular idea maybe it should morph again? Would you use this site more if it was more of a creative artist space without most of the conversations being around a mythical beast?
Just throwing an idea out there, some thoughts. This is not intended to downplay or disrespect anyone's contribution to the site or it's origins. With this space here could it not be put to more use with a little change?
(edit)
I know this forum has space for topics not related to werewolves and after all these years it would be a shame to forget all that has happended here, perhaps a forum within a forum?
Also I know I spout all this out, knowing I wouldn't be the one doing any of the work to actually make change, and that coming back and immediatly going into a long text about how this place is dead is a bit off putting so I'll say please , don't take offense. I'm not trying to be offensive or say that anything 'needs' to be done. I guess I just think this place could be more than it is at the moment.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Could it live again?

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Chance wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:23 am ... but it's more than obvious that this forum is no longer an active space...
What are you talking about? The bots hawking Nike shoes and internet scams are on here all the time. :evil:

IMHO, I think the big draw originally was the idea that the fans of the werewolf genre were going to have a say in what kind of werewolf movie got made. With AB's project back in Turnaround, that draw sort of disappeared. I think if that were to become a viable project again (or anything werewolf-related that sought community input), I think this place might just perk up again. Otherwise, the Den tends to be just a bunch of people tapping out variations of "Well I think a werewolf should be (fill in the blank)". Unfortunately, that's probably not in the cards (at least not anytime soon) as we're sort of a weird bunch and Hollywood is all about lowest denominator scripts.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.

Post by Chance »

Let's not forget Adidas :P

It is a shame that his movie never really got off the ground/ was able to stay afloat. I can't remember if he crowd funded for that or not or if that just wasn't something he wanted to do.
Even if some new amazing werewolf movie did go into the works, I'm not sure this place would really pick to levels it was at before and using that kind of model , where one idea or event carries the forum isn't really sustainable.There's always an ebb and flow, to just about everything. I guess I'm just wishing there was more flow then ebb.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

I didn't want to edit my original post as I think it's long enough. So I'm adding to it here.

viewtopic.php?p=246301#p246301
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12546
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14340

What are those links to? Um, basically the same concerns as my original here, and I know I saw one more but I couldn't locate the dang thing. So, this place continues to breath with one to a few that stop in now and again. It seems every few (on average) years someone says something about the silence in this place. So, I'm guessing this is a cycle that will continue to repeat until the walls are covered in ivy and passersby swear they saw something moving in one of the upper windows.
If we're content to let this place look haunted then I guess so be it, If we want change, action is required. You either want or don't want, care or don't care. Everything in between is just a waste of time.That's not me telling you how you feel, it is just kind of the way it is.

Edit: Wow, I've been combing through the forum and there is a crap load of posts that never got even one reply. Even some of the older members who came back to post were left unanswered. It's not surprising they didn't return after. When no one shows any interest in your presence you tend to wander off and not look back. I'm gonna end up talking to myself here, :lol:
Another edit: since I don't want to come off a complete loon, was researching last active dates and WOW, is the only word that works. Admins and Mods. First end date is 2005, last end date is 2016, all besides one of course. Ewww, that doesn't bode well.