werewolf the dominate species

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

wolf marine wrote:where did the jello thing come from ??
I read your question, which was followed by your quote regarding the sensation of being clawed at from the inside, and I figured you must have been asking about the Thing from Outer Space, which could be viewed as Jell-O.

Anyway, I laughed, thus proving you are good at something you like to do, even if this had nothing to do with what you said.
:?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Kavik wrote:[
I read your question, which was followed by your quote regarding the sensation of being clawed at from the inside, and I figured you must have been asking about the Thing from Outer Space, which could be viewed as Jell-O.
reading the sig dude, nothing to do with what i was saying
THE GAME

My Armory
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

Tovam wrote:What about domestic animals?
Would werwolves keep dogs? Or cats or birds?
i think that theyd eat the bird.
i dont think many would have dogs as pets, just like most of us dont have monkies as they are related.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

WereDog wrote:
Tovam wrote:What about domestic animals?
Would werwolves keep dogs? Or cats or birds?
i think that theyd eat the bird.
i dont think many would have dogs as pets, just like most of us dont have monkies as they are related.
So how about farms? Could a werewolf raise animals that his or her instincts tell it should be wild prey?
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

I think it would inherently go against an innner instainct to hunt. It might even be slightly offensive to keep domesticated animals. Either as food ro as pets.

If Freeborn is about the inherent nature of the freedom foun din being a werewolf.., I think it would be against their nature to keep such creatures against their will. ( Most animals just don't know better ).
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've stated this before. Though they are finding that personalities and insticts can be wired into you, having a lycanthropy virus or wolf DNA isn't likely to switch you into a complete wolf mindset. They would most likely be able to retain their human thought and knowings and not attack the sheep.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've stated this before. Though they are finding that personalities and insticts can be wired into you, having a lycanthropy virus or wolf DNA isn't likely to switch you into a complete wolf mindset. They would most likely be able to retain their human thought and knowings and not attack the sheep.
I doubt the wolf instincts would be present in human form anyway, and if they did have a problem with wolf instincts in gestalt or wolf forms, they could probably take steps to stay away from the livestock.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

So I'm assuming that most of these hypothetical weres were born that way, therefore I think that although they are still more human that wolf, wolf is still an important part of them.

Here are some differences that I think the world would have if dominated by werewolves:

-No democracy. There would be monarchs, much like an alpha of a wolf pack. What they say goes. And I think because of the strong sense of loyalty in wolves, most people wouldn't be opposed to a monarchy.

-Food would not be processed. A wolf enjoys hunting for his own food, so I think werewolves would prefer to kill their own food than buy it.

-Smaller population. As a result of their desire to kill their own food, most of them would try to live next to a large forest. As a further result of that effort, the wolf monarchs would probably have enforced population limitations (you can have X kids) to ensure that there is enough forest for everyone. They would be more spread out than we are now. If cities existed, they would be smaller and surrounded by tons of forest for the city residents, although I still think most weres would prefer to have their own forest, since packs of wolves like to have their own territory.

-Packs. Both wolves and humans are highly social creatures, so I think large groups of weres living together near a forest is totally likely.

-Nudity. They would probably be naked often, because they wouldn't want to ruin clothes as a result of TFing, assuming they didn't spend all their time in gestalt or wolf form. So the stigma attached to human nudity would be greatly lessened if not gone at all. I think it is totally feasible for groups of weres to get together on a hot summer day and all hang out in human form naked. They would probably still have clothes for the cold months, unless they decided to simply remain in gestalt or wolf form for warmth.

-Peace. They would be a more peaceful people, because wolves are actually more peaceful than humans. Wolves use only the necessary force to solve a problem, and no more. Wars could still occur, but less often and less severe.

-Body Image. I think overall people would care a lot less about their own bodies. You would never hear a were complain about their thighs. The reason I think this is because for wolves, the biggest turn-on is smell. You could be fugly as hell, but still smell hot. They would probably have invented some sort of 'smellovison', like a TV but with scent. I think both would play a factor in attraction. Also, because their lives were less sedentary than ours, were society as a whole would be thinner and healthier.

-Medicine. Because of their healing abilities, many areas of medicine would be underdeveloped compared to ours. They would probably still have disease treatment, but they wouldn't have bandaids.

-Travel. Cars might never have been invented, because early cars were probably slower than a werewolf running in wolf form. They probably wouldn't have advanced travel, and if they did, it would probably be more focused on air and sea, as opposed to land.

Overall, I think it'd be a much happier (albeit more primitive) society.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

That sounds like a very nice culture to live in :D
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Silverclaw wrote:That sounds like a very nice culture to live in :D
Maybe, but I can't help but think we'd never have invented plastic, and that personal transport issues may not matter that much, but hauling freight would remain the responsibility of the horse population, severely limiting the amount that can be sent at a time.

And no internet! :(
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

N-No internet? :VERYcaf:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

LOL...true if the internet all of a sudden disappeared, that would suck. But if it had never come into existence, we wouldn't know any better, and wouldn't mind not having it.

It's a sociological hypothesis/theory called the technology imperative. Basically it states that once a new technology is invented, it becomes difficult for people to live without it. Like cell phones. I've had mine about 4 years. I can't imagine what it would be like not having one. How could I get in touch with people while I'm driving? Walking between classes? etc.? I feel naked without it. However, the people who went to college about 20 years ago thought nothing of it.

School is cool...and so is peeing in your pants.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Excelsia wrote:It's a sociological hypothesis/theory called the technology imperative. Basically it states that once a new technology is invented, it becomes difficult for people to live without it.
Sounds like a roundabout way of saying people prefer to be spoiled, and that they like good things...

Or if you prefer:

People who know what they're missing aren't as happy going without as those who don't.

Or:

Ignorance is bliss.

Y'know... I suspect we already knew that.
:lol:

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vilkacis wrote: Or:

Ignorance is bliss.

Y'know... I suspect we already knew that.

-- Vilkacis

LOL yeah I figured you all probably did. Just wanted to let everyone know that it's backed up by academia.

'Ignorance is Bliss' is most definitely my favorite way of saying it. :wink:

(Ever noticed how textbooks will inform you of something, using about 5 paragraphs, when they could do it in like 2 sentences? So annoying....)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Excelsia wrote:
Vilkacis wrote: Y'know... I suspect we already knew that.

-- Vilkacis

LOL yeah I figured you all probably did. Just wanted to let everyone know that it's backed up by academia.

'Ignorance is Bliss' is most definitely my favorite way of saying it. :wink:

(Ever noticed how textbooks will inform you of something, using about 5 paragraphs, when they could do it in like 2 sentences? So annoying....)
You'd think Academia would avoid teaching us lessons such as "Ignorance is Bliss." Kinda like Lex Luthor would want to avoid describing all the times Superman has saved the planet from destruction.
:superwolf:
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Kavik wrote: You'd think Academia would avoid teaching us lessons such as "Ignorance is Bliss." Kinda like Lex Luthor would want to avoid describing all the times Superman has saved the planet from destruction.
You'd think so...heh heh but at least they word it so it doesn't sound quite so bad.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Excelsia wrote:
Kavik wrote: You'd think Academia would avoid teaching us lessons such as "Ignorance is Bliss." Kinda like Lex Luthor would want to avoid describing all the times Superman has saved the planet from destruction.
You'd think so...heh heh but at least they word it so it doesn't sound quite so bad.
Sure, and I usually word my obsession with werewolves (and other geekery) to not sound that bad, too...
:science:
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)