Things humans can do that wolves can't

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

CrewWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote: Wolves don't pick thier nose. Nasty human habit!!
Ah, but they can lick certain places where most humans can't reach. Imagine being able to lick your...uh...nose.
Sure, male wolves can lick that soft tender part. If I became a wolf, I need to remember not to use my sharp claws to scratch my ..uh...you know.
Last edited by Figarou on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

I'm feeling numb...too much is not enough...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Gah! I saw that list and thought first about the U2 song "Numb."

:D
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: I'm feeling numb...too much is not enough...

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Gah! I saw that list and thought first about the U2 song "Numb."

You like my list? I wanted to keep going. But my fingers was getting tired....er...um...Numb.

madmann135
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by madmann135 »

to my knowledge a wolf has a higher body tempture than a human... shouldn't it state that a werewolf should have a higher body tempture than a human.

Lets not forget that mass can't grouw out of nowhere so if a human transforms into a werewolf then they should stay the same weight.

Just so you know I spend TOO much time on the internet.
were all animals at heart...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

madmann135 wrote:to my knowledge a wolf has a higher body tempture than a human... shouldn't it state that a werewolf should have a higher body tempture than a human.

Lets not forget that mass can't grouw out of nowhere so if a human transforms into a werewolf then they should stay the same weight.

higher temperature from a higher metabolism. Faster heart rate. Sure. But I don't see the temperature being that much higher. Moisture can dissipate allot more quickly and the fur will be very uncomfortable to have.

Polar bears have a thick layer of fat/blubber below the skin. Its so effective that they don't give off any heat. Thats how they can stand the extreme cold. Put them in a warm climate, and you'll have one hot and uncomfortable polar bear.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wolves do not question their existence.

Wolves are born with instincts, not beliefs.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Figarou wrote:Wolves do not question their existence.

Wolves are born with instincts, not beliefs.
More humans should be like wolves.... :wink:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

madmann135 wrote: Lets not forget that mass can't grouw out of nowhere so if a human transforms into a werewolf then they should stay the same weight.

Apparently, you haven't spent enough time on the internet to have read the grudge I have with the application of the law of conservation of mass and werewolves.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

ahhh *evil eyes* :evil: rules were made to be broken... anyway humans...can... climb things! yay for thumbs!!!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darkmoon wrote:ahhh *evil eyes* :evil: rules were made to be broken... anyway humans...can... climb things! yay for thumbs!!!

Of course humans can climb things. But you can't do any mountain climbing without special tools. :wink:

Oh, I know some mountain climbers gone up without the use of tools. But thats only under certain conditions.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

...it's called free climbing...and depending on how high you go...bouldering....there is a very very big cance of dying if you fall...and then there's tree climbing...which is almost always done without tools and is my favorite pasttime other than rock climbing...

more danger= more fun in my mind...I'll do anything when there is danger involved... *cough* as long as I have trained for it and know what I'm doing..of course
No animal would do the stupid things I do (go aginst self preservation instincts) just for the thrill...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darkmoon wrote:...it's called free climbing...and depending on how high you go...bouldering....there is a very very big cance of dying if you fall...and then there's tree climbing...which is almost always done without tools and is my favorite pasttime other than rock climbing...

more danger= more fun in my mind...I'll do anything when there is danger involved... *cough* as long as I have trained for it and know what I'm doing..of course
No animal would do the stupid things I do (go aginst self preservation instincts) just for the thrill...
Darkmoon wrote:.....there is a very very big cance of dying if you fall...
Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Figarou wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:...it's called free climbing...and depending on how high you go...bouldering....there is a very very big cance of dying if you fall...and then there's tree climbing...which is almost always done without tools and is my favorite pasttime other than rock climbing...

Darkmoon wrote:.....there is a very very big cance of dying if you fall...
Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop.
:D Rrrright :P