rant about vegans and fatkins diet

The place for anything at all...
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

rant about vegans and fatkins diet

Post by Searif »

you go to a restaurnt and sit down, order the hugist hamburger ever! then a stupid vegan comes up and yells "OMG, MURDER!" you know what

STFU! I can eat what ever the hell I want and I dont give a damn if little cows are being killed to make me happy, if they didnt want to be killed they would have fought back, yes I know it sounds stupid but thats my thought on it

vegans prance around all day and night looking for people who eat meat so they can yell at them over and over on how its murder, sure not all of them do that but most do, they need to leave us alone

oh yeah eating the stuff is murder when we did not even do the killing! I might feel guilty if I killed the chicken myself but if all im doing is eating up wrapped up in a bun with a side of fries then I could care less about it

so all you vegans out there shut the hell up, let me eat my hundred pound burger in peace and go pick some flowers, f*** hippies

also I have people who go around going "I cant eat that it has carbs" cause we all know from the words of great lord foamy himself, no one cares! who gives a damn at how LARGE you are, have that whole f*** cake cause I dont give a damn, if your fat its your own fault.. no one cares
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Hmm...

I understand where you are coming from, and certainly would not like for anyone to judge what I was eating/doing when it isn't really any of their business. But, I just want to say that not all Vegans are bad. I am not a vegan, nor am I vegetarian (i do not drink milk though, and stay away from MOST dairy products -- because I'm a singer). BUT, I know a vegan and a vegetarian and they both happen to be very civilized and do not judge me based on what I eat. Nor do they ever say anything mean when I do happen to eat meat in their present.

oh well.. just my 2 cents
~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

This guy took the words right out of my mouth :P :

http://www/ranting-gryphon.com/Rants/2r ... arians.mp3

He seems to hate hunters too:

http://www/ranting-gryphon.com/Rants/2rant-hunters.mp3

:D

:Edit:

Sorry you guys. Forgot to warn you. His rants my not be for the faint of heart.
Last edited by Hamster on Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Hamster wrote:This guy took the words right out of my mouth :P :

Just as a word of warning to those who might care, 2's rants are often very vulgar.

-- Vilkacis
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Vilkacis wrote:
Hamster wrote:This guy took the words right out of my mouth :P :

Just as a word of warning to those who might care, 2's rants are often very vulgar.

-- Vilkacis
Opps, My bad. I will warn people on my post. sorry.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

searif, i can think of a bunch of counteraruguments to your rant- but unless you wan't to hear them i won't post them.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I don’t really have a problem with people who are doing Atkins. They don’t preach that their lifestyle’s better. I imagine there’s some out there that feel the need to point out everything they can’t eat, which would get annoying. What I don’t like are the people who bad mouth the Atkins diet itself, saying how you’ll die if go on it and all that other bull. Atkins could be bad for some individuals and that’s why you go to a doctor and have tests done to see if a diet’s negatively affecting your body. I’ll admit it’s a lot of hassle to go through. Luckily my parents work at a hospital so they have easier access to those kind of things. My dad’s on Atkins because he wants to be thinner so he can do more things. A lot of things are made for skinny people. My dad will never be able to fly to Europe because it would be too uncomfortable for him. He loves roller coasters, but can’t go on some of them because the seats are tiny. It makes me feel really bad for him. He didn’t choose his weight either. His mom just let him eat what he felt like. It’s really hard for him to stick to a diet because of all the temptation to eat something “bad”. I’m willing to go without cookies and all the other snacks my mom buys so my dad has a little better chance at succeeding. My mom wanted a trip for me and her to go to Ireland, but I told her I wouldn’t do it if Dad can’t come. I don’t want to leave him behind. This is just my thoughts and feelings on the subject, but I can see how annoying it would be to listen to someone whine about how they can’t eat a gawd-d*mned cookie. If they chose to be on a no-carb diet, they should’ve known what they were getting into and that it meant no cookies. If you’re going to whine about it, don’t be on it.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Shadowblaze wrote:searif, i can think of a bunch of counteraruguments to your rant- but unless you wan't to hear them i won't post them.
meh, do what you want :lol: im now the ranting angry one :D
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Sometimes I need to rant. Helps me vent and cool off a bit and get out all of my pissed off and angry feelings. This week has been such a clusterf*ck. One damned thing after another, but my school classes got sorted out today and I didn't get stuck with anything too lame and they're all fairly relevent :)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Black Shuck wrote:Sometimes I need to rant. Helps me vent and cool off a bit and get out all of my pissed off and angry feelings. This week has been such a clusterf*ck. One damned thing after another, but my school classes got sorted out today and I didn't get stuck with anything too lame and they're all fairly relevent :)
hah! I dont have school today :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:Sometimes I need to rant. Helps me vent and cool off a bit and get out all of my pissed off and angry feelings. This week has been such a clusterf*ck. One damned thing after another, but my school classes got sorted out today and I didn't get stuck with anything too lame and they're all fairly relevent :)
*grumbles* I hate you :)

JK
still your lucky
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

me too am still enjoying summer vacation :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:) good for you

Oh god that was just to hard to type I hope you enjoy what time of freedom you two have left, because it will end fast :(
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Neither did I :lol: I just had to go down there to sort out "the mess that was my schedule" as my dad descibed it.

Fenrir: Were you not lucky enough to get decent classes?? They tried making me drop Jewelery II and I told them no way. I got it and I'm keeping it. It's the only fun class I have and I need a class I can actually look forward to :roll:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

gah, it's like that for me too- i have all my standard classe sbut ican fit in all the classes i want to take- i'd need about 2 extra periods each day.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Now hold on.

I'm a vegitarian, and I don't go around calling anyone a murderer. I just don't eat meat.

And, I get a lot of crap and grief from a hell of a lot of people over it. It's amazing how many people take offense by the fact that I don't eat what they do.

I'll avoid going into why I'm a vegitarian right now, as now appearantly wouldn't be the best of time and circumstances to go into it.

But, like I tell the Christians, if you think you're the one being picked on, try being the Pagan for a day.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

:eyebrow:

Now really. I'm not against vegetarism, it's not my business. Now I think eating meat is very natural, and I'm not into people who think otherwise, but then thats also a very natural human thing. Theres also different type of people who won't eat meat.

Extreme PETA and weirdo to the max
Just someone who feels remorse
Health Benefits

The crazy people who think meat is completely wrong in every way is the type I'm not into, I think its natural and good. If they mind their own business I'll still roll my eyes, but mainly won't give a care. If someone is going to yell 'Murder', I'm etheir going to raise an eyebrow or lecture to them why I think its good and fair, and why they should mind their own business. Also how its very unevoidable to stop using animal products at all. Its the cycle of life, its good.

For people into the health benefits, etheir its their deit or they are afraid of desieses I'm very okay with, same for people who may just feel bad or feel remorse when eating animals. I may tell the person that its good but if they arn't running around calling me a murdering and doing stupid stuff, I'm fine with them.

What I'm not fine with is people who won't take the time to examine their choices, atleast besides those freaks who also don't examine my choice to eat meat and call me a murderer. Really, people can be vegitarian if they want to. No need to yell.

Otherwise, I like my version of Peta-
People
Eat
Tasty
Animals

:D :P
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

outwarddoodles wrote::eyebrow:

Now really. I'm not against vegetarism, it's not my business. Now I think eating meat is very natural, and I'm not into people who think otherwise, but then thats also a very natural human thing. Theres also different type of people who won't eat meat.

Extreme PETA and weirdo to the max
Just someone who feels remorse
Health Benefits

The crazy people who think meat is completely wrong in every way is the type I'm not into, I think its natural and good. If they mind their own business I'll still roll my eyes, but mainly won't give a care. If someone is going to yell 'Murder', I'm etheir going to raise an eyebrow or lecture to them why I think its good and fair, and why they should mind their own business. Also how its very unevoidable to stop using animal products at all. Its the cycle of life, its good.

For people into the health benefits, etheir its their deit or they are afraid of desieses I'm very okay with, same for people who may just feel bad or feel remorse when eating animals. I may tell the person that its good but if they arn't running around calling me a murdering and doing stupid stuff, I'm fine with them.

What I'm not fine with is people who won't take the time to examine their choices, atleast besides those freaks who also don't examine my choice to eat meat and call me a murderer. Really, people can be vegitarian if they want to. No need to yell.

Otherwise, I like my version of Peta-
People
Eat
Tasty
Animals

:D :P
kick a** name for peta :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Bear with me; this post may start out rant-like, but it will bring up some intelligent points, I promise. And, unless you're O.J. Simpson or an active member of Al Qaeda, I'm not going to accuse anyone here of murder. With that said, here goes...

If you've been harassed by vegitarians, we need to trade places, because I am hard-pressed just to find them around here, let alone obnoxious, militant ones. Even the Hare Krishnas are low profile. Of course, I'm in Texas, a place notorious for cattle.

But, when I can find a fellow vegitarian, we could easily make a drinking game out of different wisecracks. Last one standing wins. Take a drink every time you hear any of the following words or phrases:

1. "carnivore"
2. "meat-etarian"
3. "I'm a humanitarian"
4. "just take the meat off the (insert food)"
5. "just get a salad"
6. "just what can you eat?" (see below)
7. "food chain"
8. "top of the food chain" (second drink)

If people are going to be condescending of vegitarianism, they could at least come up with some new phrases.

And, in answer to the question about what we can or can't eat, it's simple--anything that doesn't have meat. It's more than just salads. There's pastas, rice, and just about everything that this Atkins craze has declared evil. There's peanut butter and jam. There's a billion different kinds of vegetables; nearly half of them are called "squash." There's all the fruits, yogurts, and sorbets.

If you're a flexible vegitarian, there's milk and egg products.

There is one social problem that does arise out of vegitarianism, and I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent it.

One problem I occasionally encounter is the unsolicited and unneccessary help, followed by frustration on the part of the would-be helper, followed by their anger and outrage for "putting them out" when I made no such request. Usually it's when searching for restaurants. I'm used to finding something I can eat; I rarely find nothing, though I often times don't get very many choices, because of the preponderance of "hidden meats" such as chicken broth in soup, and so forth. But, I'm used to dealing with my problem myself, and I know the questions to ask the waiter, and what items to find on the menu. But, there's often the one person whom I cannot convince not to worry about me. That person will not let it go, and has to find a restaurant that specifically advertises no meat. And, when they get a taste of my world for those few moments, that person then has to turn around and get mad at me for making things so hard for the whole group.

The problem is, when I tell people beforehand not to worry about me, that only encourages them to do so. I've discovered that this only exaggerates this tendancy.

I guess I could try nipping it in the bud by explaining this problem in detail with every social encounter, and clarifying that when I say don't worry about me, I really mean it, but somehow, I fear that won't work either.

(Thanks for not doing this to me at A-Kon, by the way; the Brownriggs et al, Figarou, and Arania were all pretty understanding that night at the Chinese restaurant that was out of everything. I'm even more grateful because the opportunity was certainly there for it to happen; the only thing they had was chicken and rice; I just had it without the chicken.)

Of course, I do eat shellfish. And, I'll eat the meat at Whole Foods, where the animals were raised free range on independent farms that are held to high standards of humane treatment. I don't oppose the killing of animals; I just feel that they shouldn't be tortured. Most people I find agree wholeheartedly, but it's just difficult to support every stand and live in the world, unless you want to bicycle to work, farm your own food, and live like the Amish. I just draw my line with animals, because I think human arrogance is a particular issue that is too heavily under-addressed.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

dont worrie scott, vegitarians are not the problem, its vegans((one word I made myself to divide vegitarians from radical vegitarians))

vegans = some one who goes to far with the vegitarian act telling people its murder when they eat meat and so on
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, the word's already been taken; it means someone who does not eat any animal products. Some don't even eat honey, because its from bees.

If you're a ufology buff, it also means someone from Vega.

Still, a world where vegitarians have enough clout to be obnoxious is pretty alien to me. It just doesn't happen in Texas--and that phrase doesn't get said very often.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Scott, thats what I dislike. Seeing pictures of Chickens or cows pent up in little cages and fed where they don't live very happily, but just have a horible short life untill someone chops off their head and sends them off to McDonalds or some other place. I realy enjoy the cows that have been in feilds doing happily what cows do best, grazing, farting, and pooping where ever they can. Near here theres a farm with really nice beef cows there, sweet things, but they are killed and shipped off to a butcher, the one that lives direstly behind my house. So that cow I was petting was probaly also that slab of beef when I last visited there.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

When I went vegitarian in 1994, I listed specific terms about what it would take for me to eat meat again. Whole Foods thankfully met those conditions, and they're right now my only source of vertebrate meat, though I do eat invertebrates--shellfish and various exotics. I also eat some independent franchise foods, such as emu, where there's easily tracked accountability. It's the big industries of which I'm warry; independent alligator and emu farms are less inclined to torture their prized animals, since each individual one has, if not individual deserving as a living entity, at least a high price tag.

But, explaining what meats I will or won't eat--most invertebrates, meat from certain produce stores only, and so forth--I start sounding like Adrian Monk, the obsessive-compulsive detective. So, it's easier just still saying I'm vegitarian.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:When I went vegitarian in 1994, I listed specific terms about what it would take for me to eat meat again. Whole Foods thankfully met those conditions, and they're right now my only source of vertebrate meat, though I do eat invertebrates--shellfish and various exotics. I also eat some independent franchise foods, such as emu, where there's easily tracked accountability. It's the big industries of which I'm warry; independent alligator and emu farms are less inclined to torture their prized animals, since each individual one has, if not individual deserving as a living entity, at least a high price tag.

But, explaining what meats I will or won't eat--most invertebrates, meat from certain produce stores only, and so forth--I start sounding like Adrian Monk, the obsessive-compulsive detective. So, it's easier just still saying I'm vegitarian.

Oh...so you did have meat at one time in your life. :meat:

:wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I was actually a heavy meat eater until late December of 1993. The thought then of my being vegitarian, a werewolf nut and all, would have sounded rediculous. But, I turned Wiccan and went through a soul-searching period around then, and decided to make my beliefs internally consistant with each other. One of the things I decided, on a chance encounter with a Hare Krishna, was that considering my own beliefs about the equality of animal life, I could not in good conscience justify supporting industries that could do to other animals anything I could not tolerate being done to humans.

I was very disappointed going through medical school just how much the fields of medicine still rely on animal research. There are times I've felt like a necromancer from a D&D game, or the newly converted vampire, being urged to compromise one principle after another on the basis of presumed practicality. Simply put, I tolerate it, because I have no choice in the matter, except to quit and do something else, which I can't do, owing more in medical school debts than most people make annually.

I think future generations will consider this day and age barbaric on many fronts, just as we look down on the 1800s for sexism and slavery. One of those fronts I believe will be animal rights. Interestingly enough, it will be people like us who lay the ground work for the more foreward-thinking future, by pushing future science to help bridge the gap between humans and animals.