werewolf sports

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

No wait, I can do it faster!
:splodey:

or not.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote:No wait, I can do it faster!
:splodey:

or not.
he wins...whats left of him. :lol:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Haha! I can't beleive you guys! :lol: After reading your posts I can't help but think yall aren't really trying. Yall still make me laugh my pants off. :P

Look at the facts. Real wolves DO play with each other. Typically only the younger ones and their mothers. Wolves play by biting and tackleing one another while also being careful not to hurt one another. In nature films they are shown growling and showing their teeth at the sibling they play with. In a way, it's like pretending that the other wolf is an enemy or potential meal. If human characteristics came into play here (pardon the pun), I imagine that some rules might be involved. Therefore, I believe the most plauseable sport that werewolves would partake in would be a form of wrestling/boxing sport among the pre-teens, with a few unspoken rules involved. Animal instinct forces adult animals to focus on survival over entertainment, so I rule out the idea of older werewolves playing any games.

Any use of foreign objects for werewolf sports seems a bit far fetched as well. It goes without saying really.

My theory does make sense right?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

It does make sense, I mean, when I rode the bus home from school all the guys would wrestle each other for fun. But wolf cubs engage in those activities to help them learn how to hunt and fight for higher ranking (or to keep their ranking). What about just for fun? Humans love competition and playing sports to some extent. Would there be special leagues for people with lycanthropy? Would they play sports (for fun I guess) in gestalt form? That's what we're all talking about :wink: Games werewolves might play not to learn or reinforce skills necessary for their survival (fugitive might good for that one :lol: ), but just for fun. We don't play football or badminton to reinforce skills of survival, we do it for entertainment. Since werewolves are just people with lycanthropy, why wouldn't they do the same, but push the envelope and play something in gestalt form, or even do the relay race someone mentioned? I'm really sorry if I've misinterpreted what you were saying, but this is just how I understood it :roll:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

No I get what you're saying. My main point was that werewolves might be less likely to play sports with too many rules, or with foreign objects. Boxing and wrestling just seem to be most logical for a species with animal instictivness, high strength and agility. Wouldn't be supprised if the younger werewolves got in a cirlcle every now and then, cheering on two combatants in the middle.

Racing may be a possibility as well. It's a simple sport, with simple rules. Every civilization does it, and thus so would werewolf society.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:
Look at the facts. Real wolves DO play with each other. Typically only the younger ones and their mothers. Wolves play by biting and tackleing one another while also being careful not to hurt one another.
Well of course they do. We knew that. :wink:

Werewolves are part human. And humans have tons of sports and games. Sure, we box and wrestle. But we don't do any play biting. A werewolf may not do any play biting also. Eh...who knows. I never seen a werewolf playfully bite someone. :biteme: Ok, I take that back. :D
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

For some reson my first thought was "Summer camp games!"

Things like tug-o-war (one on one or in teams) king of the bridge (two people standing on a horizontal log slightly above the ground and trying to knock one another down) and the like.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

What about steal the football?

Once I bit a class member... me and bro had this game where he would move his fingewr before I could bit it. He would wiggle his finger. And the kid wiggled his finger and I bit him... I bit somebody for fun why wouldn't a werewolf?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

They would play bite with other werewolves I would think. If they got to excited and bit a human though.... :biteshift: whoops

Tug of war with animal hide; fetch :P
I've heard of real wolves playing on ice, skidding around. And Alphas pretending to be the omega while the omega pretendeds to be an alpha. :lol: So cute. Tag is also played, as well as wrestling :D
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ok then, here's one more thing that still bothers me. Suppose werewolves DO play sports in gestalt form. It's unlikely they can play these sports anywhere too often. I assume they would make A LOT of noise, and require plenty of running space. Perhaps they would rent out or buy a ranch, and have a getaway weekend. Still, the image of werewolves in gestalt form playing CUTE games seems way too rediculous. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying it seems weird. I cling too much to werewolf styreotypes I suppose, so bite me.
:P :lol:
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:Ok then, here's one more thing that still bothers me. Suppose werewolves DO play sports in gestalt form. It's unlikely they can play these sports anywhere too often. I assume they would make A LOT of noise, and require plenty of running space. Perhaps they would rent out or buy a ranch, and have a getaway weekend. Still, the image of werewolves in gestalt form playing CUTE games seems way too rediculous. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying it seems weird. I cling too much to werewolf styreotypes I suppose, so bite me.
:P :lol:
ok.. :biteme: You're bit. :wiggle:

Now, Football is a rough sport. I bet the Gestalt werewolf may change some of the rules a bit. Who knows what the rules may be.

As for "CUTE." Hopscotch is cute. :eyebrow: I can't see a gestalt werewolf playing that!!

You crazy!! :wacko:
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Pats Fig's shoulder: It happens to the best of us... :P
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm not crazy, I'm just triggering your insticts inside your subconcious to hunt me down and eat me. (Notice the title?)
:wink:

You know, they might play football with an object that is much heavier, like a rock or a stone... or are both of those the same thing? :? Well... whatever. I just think that the increase of strength would require a heavier "ball" and/or a larger playing feild. Now with that in mind, does a gestalt have the calm state of mind to concentrate on very many rules?
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:I'm not crazy, I'm just triggering your insticts inside your subconcious to hunt me down and eat me. (Notice the title?)
:wink:

You know, they might play football with an object that is much heavier, like a rock or a stone... or are both of those the same thing? :? Well... whatever. I just think that the increase of strength would require a heavier "ball" and/or a larger playing feild. Now with that in mind, does a gestalt have the calm state of mind to concentrate on very many rules?
a heavier object for playing football?

Yikes! Imagine trying to catch a pass from a werewolf with a good throwing arm. If it slips through the paws, You'll be seeing stars when it hits your head.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Not if it's one of those medicine balls you often see in olympic sports. Those things are pritty damn heavy, but are soft enough not to crush your toes. I see that as a higher possiblilty for werewolf football or soccer. I think it would be cool to see all of this go on at a werewolf community gathering at some secret werewolf owned ranch.

Shrimps on the barby, tables with steak and drinks, children playing/ transforming/ doing what werewolf children do. All while the parent sit and talk sports, buisness and politics under the big oak tree. "Woops! Full moon. I'll tell ya more about the Jefferson account tomorrow. Howwwl!"
-Kaebora