Would you get a real tail?

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Lazywolf wrote:Sounds like most people here could use this site:

http://home.telepath.com/~wanderer/imag ... vices.html

rrriiiiiiiigggghhhhhttttttt....

Even if such a thing was actually even possible, I wouldn't want to do it that way. Image
or pay those ridiculous prices.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Even if such a thing was actually even possible, I wouldn't want to do it that way. Image
hey if it worked good then I would pay that :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

$450,000 for a full anthro-lupine form? Do they take PayPal?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

I guess it's time to tell everyone.

This site was put together by someone who thought that the ability to surgically create werewolves (as well as other things) would be cool. They did a lot of research, and made a pretty awesome site! When I first saw this, I thought it was real. I was impressed how far medical technology had come, or whatever.

But In short, the Morphic Wolf Thing isn't real. Sorry To dissapoint everyone! :(

PS:
1) The costs probably would be at least that if this were a real medical procedure. Multiple surgeries get expensive!

2) Going back to the tail issue, there have been humans born with tails! Here is a pic:
Crazy, eh?
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

That tail wouldn't look as nasty if it had cute fuzzy fur. :D

Human tails are the result of an elongated spine. I can't imagine that that child's tail will look any more appealing as an adult, but I can say that it probobly wont grow any longer. I wonder if there are sergical procedures for REMOVEING nasty skin tails like that one.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Rex Wolf

Post by Rex Wolf »

Um...actually, the tail is a result of a defect in the genetics in the womb whereby those parts of the body that are only present in the womb are reabsorbed, such as webbing between fingers and toes, and the tail. The genetics for a tail (and fur by the way) are already present in all of us. There are portions of our genetic code that shut down those parts of our genetic code. That is how we evolve.

But...guess what that means...with the right motivation and money, you too can have such things...if you had a doctor do it while you were in the womb still...

Sorry to disappoint.
Rex Wolf

Post by Rex Wolf »

Oh, and by the way, I'm studying to be a vet, on the way to my PhD...I could do surgeries to attach tails and 'other things'...someday...

Do you want to be my friend?

HEHEHE
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:wagtail:
Surgeries for all!
8) :wink:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Hey, :thumbsup: to the papa who didn't cut the kid's tail off! :wagtail:

If I had a tail when I was a kid, I can just imagine the playground repartee.
"Hey, fatso!"
"Ahh, you're just jealous 'cause I got a tail and you don't." <whap>
ImageImageImageImage
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

A human tail wouldnt be a very lovely thing to be poking out of your pants though :wink: Especially if ya cant even move it, just a dead lump hanging down your butt :P

The kid in that picture is worshiped as a god, literly, I believe. Somewhere in Asia.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Mkay, would I get a tail... hmmm. Unless I could sergically alter myself to look like a rabbit hybrid (fur, snout and all), THEN I would get my cottontail. I think any human with a tail would look nasty. Some of you think it would be cool, but you sure wont look very appealing to yourself naked or in a bathing suit. :shudder: :sickpup:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

the kid was worshipped as a monkey god I beleive, he also have a turned foot and some sort of thing with one of his arms just like the monkey god it is beleived he is. Otherwise that 'tail' is just skin.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dude...the whole tail thing is an awsome idea.
I actualy went to school three days in a row with a real fox tail hanging from the back of my belt...Got some nifty reactions. But if it was real...that'd be so much more fun!!
I would so get a wolf tail...blond colored, like my hair...or white, because i plan on bleaching my hair...^_^

I walk on my toes almost all the time...So...the Digigrade feet sound cool too...though I woulden't go for the full package because...big paw-hands would make drawing a pain...and you can't exactly talk with a wolf muzzle...XD :tribalwolf:
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Will ye people try ta remember the T in digiTigrade? :P

Anyway, since the thread's already been resurrected, might as well continue on-topic. As so many others have said, I'd go for the full package; unsure if I'd bother with just one bit. When (no, not if :D ) all this becomes possible, I doubt it'll be through standard surgery; that just gets too complicated too quickly, costs a TON, and is impractical for myriads of other reasons. I'm predicting something similar to the much-discussed werewolf virus, except in a much less powerful/more controlled form: A biological modification system that would convince your body to rearrange/grow/absorb everything itself, or, perhaps some sort of nanobot system that'd do the same, except accelerating the process greatly, and providing the whole enhanced healing thing afterwards.
Sanity is relative.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Long fuzzy black and silver jaguarundi tail! :)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I really hope that humans get tales some day, because it rules. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Yeah, if I had the money I would probably do it to. :grinwiggle:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

outwarddoodles wrote:

Check it out the "Morphic Wolf!" It's pretty cool.
Yeah, like that one's true. I'd imagine atleast having a professional website domain if that were so. Some nice pictures and posibly if this were true I'd imagine seeing some documentary on this, that much changing on a person's body is sure to get attention on the TV, and would defeintly be heard around for the fact they claim to have this patented.

Cool, but something is telling me 'hoax'. Despite that, is still a fun website and fun idea.
:D
I allready sent a e-mail about the pics. :P Lets see what they'll write back.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

*takes a headache pill*

*Furry tail rips through pants*

"huh?"

*reads the back of the bottle* 'Warning- Side effects may include: Nausea, sleepyness, growth of tails, and cramps

:D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Yeah, if I had the money I would probably do it to. :grinwiggle:
Don't misunderstand... I think it would be AWESOME to have a Tail.

...I just don't think I would let those guys give it to me. (pretending for a moment that this company was real).

If the technology exsited, I'd shop around and find another option. You know...learn as much as I could about what would be involved, what could go wrong, and then find the right person or group to do it for me.

...of course...if we are going to go into "what if"s, then I'd really prefer to have it GROW out of me, without surgical intervention, either by genetic or magical stimulation. ...even if the process took an entire year or more to complete itself.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
...of course...if we are going to go into "what if"s, then I'd really prefer to have it GROW out of me, without surgical intervention, either by genetic or magical stimulation. ...even if the process took an entire year or more to complete itself.
Mmmmm Hmmmm...and what if the tail that grew wasn't exactly what you wanted? Then what? :wink:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Mmmmm Hmmmm...and what if the tail that grew wasn't exactly what you wanted? Then what? :wink:
What? Do you mean like disfugurement by genetic defect?...that would suck, but things like that happen. No use worrying about things you can't controll.

...or did you mean like, I wanted a Fox tail but got a monkey tail or a lions tail instead (or a Peacocks tail...)?

That would be...odd...

...and frustrating...

But I'm sure, if something bizarre like that happened, I would learn to love it anyway. (Unless it was like an ugly, lumpy rat's tail...then I would probobly have it cut off.)

As I said earlier on in this thread, I can't think of one good reason why I should have a tail, and a thousand reasons why I should not, but I am obsessed with the idea anyway.

I think it would be really...Groovy... Image

Right or wrong, sometimes I just feel like something should be there.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: What? Do you mean like disfugurement by genetic defect?...that would suck, but things like that happen. No use worrying about things you can't controll.

...or did you mean like, I wanted a Fox tail but got a monkey tail or a lions tail instead (or a Peacocks tail...)?

either/or :wink:

I was wondering what a human tail would look like if humans had a tail. Would it be covered with hair? Would it be long? Short? fluffy? thin? leathery? We probably have the genes within ourselves. Its just not turned on. If we did turn them on, the mystery of how humans would look with a tail would become reality.

The genes for each animal's tail is different. If it interacted with the human tail genes, you may not get the results you wanted.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I think it would depend. We know people who have hair on their backs, I imagine some would have hair all the way down to the tips of their tails, if they had them.

Otherwise, it'd probably be like people with chest hair — maybe sparse, maybe fine, maybe nothing at all.

It'd probably make social interaction more interesting. You'd have to learn how to control it so it doesn't give you away when you're lying, or trying to hide fear or anger. I bet we'd start taking cues from our dogs and cats.
ImageImageImageImage
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote: It'd probably make social interaction more interesting. You'd have to learn how to control it so it doesn't give you away when you're lying, or trying to hide fear or anger. I bet we'd start taking cues from our dogs and cats.

Heh...I wonder what the tail would be doing if we was lying to someone.