What is your DESTINY?????

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well, I have a new destiny. 200 wolf emoticons or bust!!

I hope I can reach 200.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

If anybody wants to know what I think about destiny and life and whatnot, click here:

http://mormon.org/learn/0,8672,792-1,00.html
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Hmmm.... sounds familier somehow. ;)

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Never been much a believer in Destiny/fate. The idea of things being set out in a unchangeable manner isn't exactly the most comforting or fun idea. I like having my free will.

I mean, look at examples of fate in the movies, and i don't mean the COOL types, like saving the world, or dies blowing up the badguys (thusly, saving the world..), but the cannon fodder guys. The guys who end up as monster chow rather pointlessly.

I'd rather not know that i'd come to a ignoble end like that. I like to think my life has more point than 'The first guy to get killed/eaten'. :roll:

:P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

There is a lecture on destiny and free will under the Light Lecture Hall section of the Force Academy forums. It was an interesting read. You have to be registered to access the board but if you have the time you might want to look at it. And no, I won't quote any of it for you lazy bums. But I will give you the think to their website.

http://www.forceacademy.com
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

No.

On the topic of 'the future isn't written' it makes me think of 'time'. Apparently I don't think time is tangible in any way, time travel is not posible and if time doesn't exsist then how in the hell can it be relative? (Eistein was a smart dude, but doesn't mean everything that came out of his mouth is correct.) I'm always open to debates with that, but I find the people who usually backfire are etheir stupid or just arn't good at debates. I could get into it and ramble, but no one wants a long essay draped apon this page.
:P :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

Einstein didn't always say what he meant... he liked people to find things out for themselves... he didn't want people to rely on him for all the answers... hope that helps in some way...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:Apparently I don't think time is tangible in any way, time travel is not posible and if time doesn't exsist then how in the hell can it be relative? (Eistein was a smart dude, but doesn't mean everything that came out of his mouth is correct.)
Einstein said that frames of reference are relative. That doesn't mean that everything is relative.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:Apparently I don't think time is tangible in any way, time travel is not posible and if time doesn't exsist then how in the hell can it be relative? (Eistein was a smart dude, but doesn't mean everything that came out of his mouth is correct.)
Einstein said that frames of reference are relative. That doesn't mean that everything is relative.
Well, now I'm unsure of exactly what Eistien had said, from what some say he has not claimed time was relative. While I keep hearing much more from others is that he did claim so. So what did he claim to it or not?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."