Favorite moon phase/position/view

The place for anything at all...
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Waxing crescent or waxing gibbous phases, especially when they appear just as the sun is setting or when the sun has risen. I think it's quite cool to see them in the sky when the sun is still out, it's very pretty.
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I like cresent moons; when they are just a thin sliver :)

And of course I love full moons :D I like the different colors they can be; white, red, orange, yellow... Clear nights are good; lots of stars all around it. Clouds around it can look neat to; lit up/highlighted by the moons light 8) And I like observing the moon while its over water, mountains or a forest the most. Its just not as powerful with telephone wires in the way :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:While that one's not quite the one I see, it's a heck of a lot closer than these ones:

ImageImage Image

I guess there are a bunch of rabbits on the moon.

-- Vilkacis

Cool!! thanks for pointing it out. :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

me its any full moon, i find it very spiritual and it makes me feel close to the wolf thats inside of me
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Full moon. That's a no-brainer.

But, I'll admit that I also feel a certain sense of magic on seeing the waxing crescent for the first time--a sense that things have turned around and are starting to build up again. It's a symbol of hope.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Scott Gardener wrote:But, I'll admit that I also feel a certain sense of magic on seeing the waxing crescent for the first time--a sense that things have turned around and are starting to build up again. It's a symbol of hope.
Beautifully put, Scott :)
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

There was a great waxing fingernail moon tonight. It was setting into a fantastic vermillion sunset as I was leaving the barn. It was close to horses so I very reluctantly suppressed the urge to sing to it :howl:  :oo

In general, I love the crescent moon, both waxing and waning, especially when it has earthsine (when you can see the outline of the moon).

Full moon and waxing full is awesome but sometimes it hurts my eyes. I do love lunar eclipses, but I haven't seen one in awhile. It's always raining here when they happen :cry:
ImageImageImageImage
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote:There was a great waxing fingernail moon tonight. It was setting into a fantastic vermillion sunset as I was leaving the barn. It was close to horses so I very reluctantly suppressed the urge to sing to it :howl:  :oo

In general, I love the crescent moon, both waxing and waning, especially when it has earthsine (when you can see the outline of the moon).

Full moon and waxing full is awesome but sometimes it hurts my eyes. I do love lunar eclipses, but I haven't seen one in awhile. It's always raining here when they happen :cry:
I've seen everything but a full solar eclipse. I did see a partical. Thats about it.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

vrikasatma wrote:There was a great waxing fingernail moon tonight. It was setting into a fantastic vermillion sunset as I was leaving the barn. It was close to horses so I very reluctantly suppressed the urge to sing to it :howl:  :oo
I howl all the time, my horses don't care. Even on dark nights. They just stand around and eat grass like they always do. Unless you have a high-strung equine it shouldn't be a problem.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I have a video of the last lunar eclipse around here somewhere. I like watching it some times, though it's a bit disorienting because I took it before I got my tripod.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

My horse is fiery but not wrapped tight, he would prick his ears and go, "Mom, what're you doing?"

It is a public stable with 150 horses, though. There are some basket cases that would go off the deep end in there. :cafinated:

Maybe when I get my 14 acres out by Veneta or Triangle Lake someday...
ImageImageImageImage
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I like when theer is a partial eclipse and you can see the corona of the sun around the moon- or whern oyou can see the moon bright red. or orange, orange is good too.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

i really enjoy a nice round harvest moon. A full moon that is really large and the air outside is just starting to get chilly, you can just tell winter is on its way. *Shivers*
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

full moon.

http://www.tortuga.com/www/animations/anim_moon.htm here's a website with tons of info on the moon cycles...
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

I have to say the full moon. I have a program on my palm pilot that keeps track of the cycles so I know when it's almost time, and I always point it out to people when there is one. They probably think I'm crazy. :lol:

I like to see it best when it is just coming over the mountains by my house; I'll take a picture sometime. Seeing it in the daytime is another good time for the full moon.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I'm partial to new moon myself. Every time I turn a new page of a calendar I have to first check when is the next new moon.
Also, once when I was a kid, on midsummer's eve to be exact, I saw a huge, bright red full moon hanging just above the horizon. That was pretty impressive.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?