What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Werewolf-game

Post by Morkulv »

Hey. For the last few weeks, I've been making a concept for a video-game, and I'm doing some game-design as well, so I'm now starting the project with 5 other guys.

I'm doing leveldesign, and I made some screenshots:

Its still a start. :) And we still need a good modeller or scripter.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thanks for the replies. :roll:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:Thanks for the replies. :roll:
Oh....you were looking for replies?

8) design you have there. Let us know when you're complete so we can check it out.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Actually, I was hoping for some nice idea's. :D Especially for level-design. We've got 2 concepts for levels so far. The one you see in the screenshots, and a sewer-level, wich will be the first level you start in.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:Actually, I was hoping for some nice idea's. :D Especially for level-design. We've got 2 concepts for levels so far. The one you see in the screenshots, and a sewer-level, wich will be the first level you start in.

Oh.....ideas...hmmmmmm.........if I was an artist, I'll give you plenty of ideas. I bet someone here can give you some. That or look around the internet and look at previous work.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

too many times i see werewolf in video games take place during mid evil times, why not modern.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Shadow Wulf wrote:too many times i see werewolf in video games take place during mid evil times, why not modern.
maybe they prefer it? and why no werewolves in the future?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

LEVEL 1: INFILTRATE THE HUMAN COMPOUND BY USING THE SEWERS, REMEMBER LYCAN, YOU ARE OUT NUMBERED AND OUTGUNNED RUSH THROUGH FIRE FIGHTS AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF KILLED, USE YOUR WOLF INSTINCT TO SILENTLY NUTRALIZED ANY ENEMIES IN YOUR WAY, GOOD LUCK.

:lol: im wierd
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

Ur Not Alone Shadow Wulf :D :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I didn't reply cause i never saw this, i never search through old topics. :P

Looks cool thus far, and i'd lend my help if i knew scripting/modelling but alas, i do not. :|

Post by Guest »

Nice. Good story to. I have some ideas.

+A prison break
+A back-ally stealth mission
+A forest mission (a little generic, i know)
+a home base o go back to beween missions
+A secret conspiracy
+Plenty of boss battles (but not to many)
+And BOTH human and werewolf forms.
guitarwizard
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by guitarwizard »

have any ideas for the music of the game, it would be cool to have something just a little heavy for the game 8)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

i would like something edgy, electronic music did wonders for goldeneye: rogue agents, believe me, electronic music almost never goes wrong.
Image Image
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Yeah

Post by Miguel »

Nice looking game!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

More screenies!

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

You could design a town or that kinda thing.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Are you using an engine from a game, Pssss let me suggest HL2 engine.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm using the A6-engine, its a German game-engine that is quite populair in the random/casual game-bizz. It costs about 75 Euro, but thats it. No licences or anything. Its a really cool engine, and simple in use. And you CAN create Half-Life 2-graphics, but then you've got to be a mega-good leveldesigner, wich I'm not.... yet. :D

Ohyeah, and the Source-engine (or HL2-engine) will cost me A LOT of money, if I'm planning on using that. And I'm broke. :(
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

If you're looking for a better engine, take a look at Sylphis3D.
It's based on python, and thus easy to script for, and quite similar to the Source engine in its capabilities (some might say it's better; I can't comment on that). It's even got a physics system! Take a look at the features page, or perhaps the screenshots, and be impressed :)

Best of all, it's FREE! Free to use, edit, redistribute, sell, anything! And it's still supported, and being improved! Being python, it runs on most anything as well, so you won't have Linux geeks like me getting annoyed at ye.

A note: trees will look MUCH better if you go to the effort of modelling individual branches, then putting card-style leaves upon them. There're programs out there that'll automate the creation of the entire tree for you, giving you at the end a static model (which you could then animate for added wind effects, if you're up to it, or use as-is) such as the still very early in development OpenTreeLib, or perhaps the Blender (a free fully-featured 3D modelling suite, if you didn't know) plugin TreeGen. Be warned, they tend to give quite high-resolution output, and would probably need some simplification for use in-game. Good luck!
Sanity is relative.
Phoenix Ravenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sparky
Mood: Excited

Post by Phoenix Ravenwolf »

Another idea, instead of picking a single time period, why not track from the medieval time through to the futrue, not necesarily tracking a single character, but a single plot line.
http://phoenixravenwolf.deviantart.com/
So ... um... yeah...... hi

Gchat: mikeRavenwolf
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Ralith Lupus wrote:If you're looking for a better engine, take a look at Sylphis3D.
It's based on python, and thus easy to script for, and quite similar to the Source engine in its capabilities (some might say it's better; I can't comment on that). It's even got a physics system! Take a look at the features page, or perhaps the screenshots, and be impressed :)

Best of all, it's FREE! Free to use, edit, redistribute, sell, anything! And it's still supported, and being improved! Being python, it runs on most anything as well, so you won't have Linux geeks like me getting annoyed at ye.

A note: trees will look MUCH better if you go to the effort of modelling individual branches, then putting card-style leaves upon them. There're programs out there that'll automate the creation of the entire tree for you, giving you at the end a static model (which you could then animate for added wind effects, if you're up to it, or use as-is) such as the still very early in development OpenTreeLib, or perhaps the Blender (a free fully-featured 3D modelling suite, if you didn't know) plugin TreeGen. Be warned, they tend to give quite high-resolution output, and would probably need some simplification for use in-game. Good luck!
It looks cool, I like the motion-blur effect in the screenshots. But I don't know if its as easy as GameStudio. :P GameStudio just works the same as WorldCraft/Hammer-editor for Half-Life/CS. But I'll try it out one of these days. :D Thanks for link.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

how is this game going to be? will it be on the internet like second life and runescape, or will you have it on shelves at walmart? :)
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I think the second one. :lol: We are still working on it, and we still don't have any models yet.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

If I had the time, I used to build multiplayer levels for games like Duke Nukem 3D.... not professionally, but they were a lot of fun. *digs around computer* Ya know, I miss that game, not having it or my old work with it anymore bothers me. Gah.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah, Duke Nukem 3D rules. What happened to Duke Nukem Forever. :cry: