4%

Total votes: 27

WOLF
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Packmate, marketing department

Furries, fursuiting, and other random things

Post by WOLF »

THis is a kill-one-and-a-half-birds-with-one-stone post. First of all, i am highly interested in fursuiting, and was wondering if there was anyone else here, fur or otherwise, that currently does fursuit. Also, what are your views on furries? and one last thing... the smileys and avatars kick total a**! hwlwnk
I would consider myself human, but the anthrowolf tail that pokes out occasionally says otherwise. HEY yesterday's open can of rootbeer!! *GULPS*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well...you need to look at what Redstrom does.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/profil ... file&u=197

website
http://www.primalvisions.com/
WOLF
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Packmate, marketing department

Post by WOLF »

Considering you just found the people i have been obsessing about trying to find, i owe you some absolute major PROPS dude. Hell yeah ! HJUGE KUDOS!!That was marroks suit that they made. I know of him through wallacewolf. And your opinion on my topic?? 8) 8) 8) 8) :howl: :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
I would consider myself human, but the anthrowolf tail that pokes out occasionally says otherwise. HEY yesterday's open can of rootbeer!! *GULPS*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WOLF wrote:Considering you just found the people i have been obsessing about trying to find, i owe you some absolute major PROPS dude. Hell yeah ! HJUGE KUDOS!!That was marroks suit that they made. I know of him through wallacewolf. And your opinion on my topic?? 8) 8) 8) 8) :howl: :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
There is a few fursuiting Pack members here. They'll respond when they see this post.

Me?........I'm not a fursuiter.

As for these wolf emoticons...I'm having a blast editing them. I did so many that I lost count.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Fursuiting is a little wierd, IMO, unless you aren't being totally serious about it and just do it for fun. There are people who get all serious about it; that's a little out there. I don't do it at all.

Also, "furries" is kind of a broad term I haven't completely figured out yet, but I guess I consider werewolves as furry-to a degree. So furries are cool then? I don't know.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lazywolf wrote:Also, "furries" is kind of a broad term I haven't completely figured out yet, but I guess I consider werewolves as furry-to a degree. So furries are cool then? I don't know.
There are way too many sub-categories of furries for an a broad definition. A lot of networks like CBS and MTV like to classify furries as people that have sex in animal costumes, but trust me on this: there are very few furries in the fandom that are that much interested in fursuits. In fact, among the fandom, fursuiters are the minority.

What I prefer to do is to say that furry simply implies an interest in a blend of human and animal, and how anyone expresses that interest is their own business entirely.

As for wether or not we are freaks... Well, yeah I guess you could say were are. But who the hell isn't? All things considered, furries would be better compared to Trekkies and Jed-heads than what the above-mentioned media outlets have been comparring them to.
Last edited by Terastas on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Furries is not a definite term - it has it's own meaning to each individual. I'm not going to divulge into the reasons why - since it's been discussed thrice (or more) already, on this forum.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

isn't fur suiting is the thing they did on CSI Las Vegas with the "fur pile" ??
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Posers. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I don't think we (furries) are posers. Alot of my freinds that are furs roleplay on a MU program, but that is no different from RP in forums. And that is not far from RPGs. But its your opinion and you are entitled to it :D
Last edited by Short Tail on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Yeah, I fursuit. What's up?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:isn't fur suiting is the thing they did on CSI Las Vegas with the "fur pile" ??
That's what I was talking about by networks preferring to clasify furry as a sexual fetish. I'm sure there are at least a few furs that enjoy such (or at least married furs that experimented with it), but I do know for a fact that furries do not have mass orgies in hotel lobbies.

Fursuiting is actually best summarized as the act of wearing a fursuit outside of a professional setting (team mascots, PBS actors and Disneyland characters don't count).
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Terastas wrote: That's what I was talking about by networks preferring to clasify furry as a sexual fetish. I'm sure there are at least a few furs that enjoy such (or at least married furs that experimented with it), but I do know for a fact that furries do not have mass orgies in hotel lobbies.
That's weird........... to each his own I suppose. It will take a while before I purge those nasty images from my mind.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I don't mind being called a furry, I do like alot of furry related things and artists. I guess I'm just not as into it as other people, yet I do love anthromorphic animals, and someone who likes that can go under the term furry if they please, so I truly don't mind. I would love to fursuit, but can't, maybe when I'm older.

I don't think furry is at all bad, and as I said I'm into alot of 'anthro animals'. I don't see anything weird at all about it, besides the very very very small amount of people who are on the weird side, but you find those everywhere. I was drawing a cougar today though and someone said 'Why are you drawing wolf man?' and seemed to take great delight in my 'weirdness'. (Luckily I did also get a comment from someone else.)
:wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Finally, someone who uses proper grammar. It must be a miracle, I thought I was alone in this aspect.
And no, I don't think furries are weird at all. Just the ones that have sex in fursuits........ I can't imagine doing something like that unless I was paid a large sum of money.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Akela wrote:Finally, someone who uses proper grammar. It must be a miracle, I thought I was alone in this aspect.
Oh you are definitely not alone in that, you can ask the others here too. I really enjoy it when people use proper grammar on the internet, I'm not too nit picky (though I very well do like better typing.) I just hate it when people half arse it and have some many mistakes that show the person didn't care, its not very hard to capatilize and add punctuation.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Your translated text is as follows:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|_333T I5 /-\|_50 /-\|\|0YI|\|g1!!!1!!1! 0]\/[G WTF |_0|_ |\|00b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your original text is as follows:
Leet is also annoying.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

well ok then if JUST to live out my werewolf fantasy (with no kinky stuff) i guess it's ok. i would do it if i had the money. and somebody to do it with because i feel wierd of i'm the ony one doing it.
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I wouldn't do 'it' at all, fursuit or no suit. I feel really sorry for the poor [spoiler]bastard[/spoiler] who thinks he's doing anything in bed with me. I'd kill him then and there, I find nothing wronge with sex, just I don't want to do it myself.

As said, the kinky people are rare, [spoiler]I don't think I've ran into a sicko who does it with fur suiting, but I have listened too (and ran into a dirty website of it, scarey images.) some freak who did it with real horses. Sick sick SICK![/spoiler]

:shudder: :scream:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

god, why does everyone assume furries and fur suits are only sex related. Stupid media. there is only a small group of people to whom that applies.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

you know resently a guy got well ***** to death by a horse. i got it from the TV show mind of mencea
THE GAME

My Armory
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

There's nothing wrong with wanting to furfill your fantasies(I'm talking about fursuits, not ****ing horses) the media always uses the most extreme cases which is rather stupid. It's fairly obvious the media is filled with people who love to plant bad stereo-types in peoples' minds.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

so you know i wasn't talking about the "sexual" werewolf fantasy
THE GAME

My Armory
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

http://www.furtopia.org/ that is a good place to meet fellow furries, you may see me there also although I do not consider myself a furry

but yeah I like anthro art and so on, but mostly were
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Right......... Don't feel so bad if you want to do "it" with a werewolf. If you think that's bad there's suff that is far worse.