Video game

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Video game

Post by lycancomplex »

Has anyone ever considered to turn freeborn into a videogame or a videgame based on the movie. since there isn't really alot of werewolf genre videogames out there. hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I think a RPG. Not sure about a video game.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yeah, Freeborn's not really a video game type movie.

But you're right, there definitely should be some more good werewolf games. They are sadly ignored in that area of entertainment, as well.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

Will they are making a werewolf movie. why not a werewolf video game.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Hopefully, video game makers will see it the way you do.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

What happens if they do decide to do a video game of freeborn? will it ruin the movie? ??
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

lycancomplex wrote:What happens if they do decide to do a video game of freeborn? will it ruin the movie? ??
If it came out before the movie and gave away major plot points, it would definitely ruin the movie.

However, from what I know of Freeborn, it's not really the kind of movie you could make a video game out of. It's more of a drama than an action type flick.

This is what I see happening: 2006 will be the year of the werewolf, as there are quite a few werewolf movies coming out that year. Video game developers will probably leech off of the new fad and create a werewolf video game that isn't based specifically on any of the movies. They will probably just create their own 'universe' in which werewolves exist, and which the main character (a werewolf) is on some kind of mission or is facing some kind of challenge, likely involving werewolf hunters or vampires.

Or, a video game maker might make a game out of Underworld 2 or Bubba the Redneck Werewolf. But I think they'll probably lean more towards making a generalized werewolf game.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

What Do you guys expect to see or want to see in a werewolf videogame. Like what's the ideal werewolf videogame.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

lycancomplex wrote:What Do you guys expect to see or want to see in a werewolf videogame. Like what's the ideal werewolf videogame.
There is a video game section. If you havn't noticed.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I'll go ahead and add my thoughts anyway, since this thread is already here.

In a good werewolf game, one of my top priorities would be cool looking werewolves. Possibly with customizable fur. I'd also like to be able to choose to be a female character if I wanted to be. Too many games nowadays feature male lead characters with no option to be female.

I'd like to see other mythical creatures as well. Vampires, dragons, centaurs, unicorns, the whole gambit.

I'd like some of the werewolves to be good, and some to be on the side of evil.

There should be human allies for the werewolves, but also human werewolf hunters.

I'd like the setting to be someplace that isn't technologically advanced but is crawling with magic...someplace like Hyrule or Middle Earth.

I guess I'd more or less like a good RPG style game, where characters and plot matter more than kill, kill, kill.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

I would like to see a antihero werewolf in a videogame. I all so want the werewolf to look cool and have an amazing looking techinques,moves and combos. lck
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

I'm glad you guys are showing hollywood, what a werewolf movie should really look like and who knows maybe in the future. you guys can show the gaming industries what a werewolf videogame should also look like. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

lycancomplex wrote:I'm glad you guys are showing hollywood, what a werewolf movie should really look like and who knows maybe in the future. you guys can show the gaming industries what a werewolf videogame should also look like. :wink:

Thats if the console or graphic card can handle it.

Realistic fur movements takes up a lot of computer power. Everytime I see a werewolf in a game, it looks blocky no matter how good the graphics are.

I can't wait for the day where we can see the fur move when the werewolf moves in a video game.

Correct me if one is already out that can do that.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

I think conker's tail has some realistic fur movement and if your wondering who conker is. He's a squirrel in a xbox videogame called conker live and reload. lck
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Yeah I agree Figarou. They arn't putting enough money into graphics on video games. That would be awesome to get that type of fur movement.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

There was a little bit of that in the game StarFox Adventures...but you could only see it if you were zoomed in on the character really close.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

i do see the point that figarou is making about it taking up a lot of power, but with consoles like xbox and xbox 360, i think its possible. like on fable, if anyone has every played that, it was a really badass game and it had hair moving, if you chose to have a long hairstyle, because you could chose and change it. and also, i think it should be a game where you're not just a werewolf, but, like excelsia said, vampires, centaurs, etc, that you could actually choose to be. dont get me wrong, im werewolf to the end, but i think it would be pretty cool being a centaur, and maybe even a vampire. they could make it like morrowind, if anyone has played that (i'm sorry, i'm an rpg person) where you have a main storyline, but lots and lots of side quests and whatnot. and also excelsia, if you play the star wars: knights of the old republic (1 or 2), they have options of female characters, as do the elder scrolls games (morrowind is probably the most popular one). but if they did make a game like what we are saying, it would have to have a name like "Mystic" or something of that nature.
PETER:are you going to eat that stapler?

GUY:you can't eat a stapl....

PETER:wanna split it?