Casting

The place for anything at all...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:I wonder if there is going to be an actor thats starting thier career with this film?

Well, we shall soon see. :wink:
That's what I'm hoping.

1) A starting actor will have little or no demands beyond those established by the Board of Health committee, (and if they do, their probably too full of themselves to be good actors in the first place).
2) A starting actor will want to do a very good job since any future auditions will involve the use of this movie as a reference - it could support his career if he is a good actor, or kill it if he is a bad actor.
3) Veteran actors could interpret a script involving werewolves to be the telltale sign of a cheesy B-movie and therefore may not take the script all that seriously.

And I know this sounds like a really lame attempt, but for a movie like this, you really should at least let the forum participants (IE: all of us) send in our mug shots to see if they match a character description or inspire a new one. My reasoning is that the best kinds of actors are the ones that believe movie will be great, and most of us believed that from day #1. :wink:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

And I know this sounds like a really lame attempt, but for a movie like this, you really should at least let the forum participants (IE: all of us) send in our mug shots to see if they match a character description or inspire a new one. My reasoning is that the best kinds of actors are the ones that believe movie will be great, and most of us believed that from day #1.
Hmm, I quite agree,

Therefore in the next few days I will be posting an address for just that purpose. Sendin your headshots, and we'll see what develops. We might want to see some video submissions too, we'll get more into that at a later date.

How easy was that???

and yes, I'm serious.

Anthony Brownrigg
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

ABrownrigg wrote:Therefore in the next few days I will be posting an address for just that purpose. Sendin your headshots, and we'll see what develops. We might want to see some video submissions too, we'll get more into that at a later date.

How easy was that???

and yes, I'm serious.

Anthony Brownrigg
Wow. Cool! 8)

It would be soo awesome to get really involved in this production.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who takes advantage of this opportunity to have themselves considered for a part. :D

...not me though...I'm not the acting type. :|
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
ABrownrigg wrote:Therefore in the next few days I will be posting an address for just that purpose. Sendin your headshots, and we'll see what develops. We might want to see some video submissions too, we'll get more into that at a later date.

How easy was that???

and yes, I'm serious.

Anthony Brownrigg
Wow. Cool! 8)

It would be soo awesome to get really involved in this production.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who takes advantage of this opportunity to have themselves considered for a part. :D

...not me though...I'm not the acting type. :|
It would be difficult for me as well. I work nights and I have a very odd work schedule. I'm about to use my vacation time for A-kon. There will be no way for me to make it to the set.

:(
Starfury
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Starfury »

So there's a lot of factors being considered. I'm just going to kinda try to sum everything up and see if I got it right I guess.

1. A person under 30 with passion for the role is acceptable for a rookie werewolf.
2. Other cast members would preferably be over 30 / veteran actors.
3. A majority of cast members would be new talent or less known celebrities looking to build their reputation.
4. It would be nice to have at least one well known celebrity in the film for headlining purposes.

Hopefully I've got all that right. Based on that, veteran actors are a good idea all around, they are going to make the film that much better because they know what they are doing. Do they need to necessarily be over 30 though? If that's a constant, then it would at least be a good idea to have a boy / girl under 30 so you can appeal to the younger crowd and leave romance a possibility. Using new talent or lesser known celebrities, awesome idea. If you can find a well known celebrity that is really into werewolves, or horror, or something about this film, if you can sell them on signing on, then it would be awesome publicity. Anyway, that's my two cents. Keep up the fantastic work!
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

ABrownrigg wrote:
Therefore in the next few days I will be posting an address for just that purpose. Sendin your headshots, and we'll see what develops. We might want to see some video submissions too, we'll get more into that at a later date.

How easy was that???

and yes, I'm serious.

Anthony Brownrigg
Gee, maybe we should just all have walk-on parts :P

~Snowy
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

SnowWalker wrote:Gee, maybe we should just all have walk-on parts
Yay...I'll be runner #2 in scene 12,shot 4. :wink:

...or not.... :lol:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

A possible benefit from having a respected veteran actor or two in the film is that they can help "encourage" the newer actors just by being there, maybe showing them their "tricks of the trade" along with sharing and invoking their knowledge and experience of acting and filming throughout their career(s) to everyone else. An atmosphere "boost", if you will.

Hehe, if you got to work with someone you admired, chances are pretty good that you'd try alot harder to do well in your part. :)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

SGrayWolf wrote:A possible benefit from having a respected veteran actor or two in the film is that they can help "encourage" the newer actors just by being there, maybe showing them their "tricks of the trade" along with sharing and invoking their knowledge and experience of acting and filming throughout their career(s) to everyone else. An atmosphere "boost", if you will.

Hehe, if you got to work with someone you admired, chances are pretty good that you'd try alot harder to do well in your part. :)
I'm not that impressed with the "talent" of many Big Name actors that play in big budget movies, (with exeptions, of course). Who is to say that the "unknown" actors who will play most of the roles in this film are not allready more talented anyway. I say, leave out the Stars who would cost as much as 25% or more of the budget just to hire. Who needs em...
Besides...working next to a Superstar woud be more intimidating than inspiring, I would think.

=^.^'= ~
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Vuldari wrote:I'm not that impressed with the "talent" of many Big Name actors that play in big budget movies, (with exeptions, of course). Who is to say that the "unknown" actors who will play most of the roles in this film are not allready more talented anyway. I say, leave out the Stars who would cost as much as 25% or more of the budget just to hire. Who needs em...
Besides...working next to a Superstar woud be more intimidating than inspiring, I would think.
That's true (talent, intimidation factor, ego, etc) in many "talented" actors' cases, however, there are some exceptions that may end up benefiting things. The actors attitude and "atmospheric aura" (as I call it) (s)he brings "to the table" will no doubt make the difference in whether it's a good or bad idea. Don't get me wrong on this though hehe, I'm just trying to look at all possible pros/cons for everything....

If you get a nice guy/gal that knows what (s)he's doing and is serious about their role, you benefit from it. If you get a egotistical jackass that can't act worth a s***? then well... it's a bad idea. :P
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Personally big named actors are not necessarily the best. The less known i think the more of their heart they put into the film. That is just my opinion though.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

I wold like nothing more than to be part of this. Even as a young lad I used to play werewolf in my backyard... When you're taking auditions, please oh please contact me any way you can. :o
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.