What Constitutes a Member?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Constitutes a Member?

Post by Calypso Blue »

As this is really becomming an organization of sorts. What DOES make a pack member? Just registering for posting? Should there be something else?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

An ID card.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Maybe someone who registered should have a certin amount of posts. Not just join, leave one comment and never comes back. Not really sure though. :?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

no, not joining this forum. Have something seperate. Joining a pack club. Once we join, we get an ID card with an identification # on it. And a certificate of some kind to hang on our wall.

Easy as pie.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, this forum now belongs to the pack. The film will have another forum, specifically for the flick.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, this forum now belongs to the pack. The film will have another forum, specifically for the flick.

Of course. Just have the pack membership on this side. Not have it at the other site or forum.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Nods. I agree. Just a link to the pack itself.
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

I think anybody who contributes and takes part in sharing their ideas for the movie can become part of the pack. Not very official though. I guess it could do with post count but I'm reluctant to make that the only way to become a pack member. Usually when that happens in forums you get this "I have been here longer, I have posted the most, therefore I am more elite than thou" vibe from the "elite members" which I absolutely hate. Its not how much you say or how long you happened to have been around; its what you say and how you relate with your fellow pack members that you will be judged upon. Once again, not very official and doesn't really answer the main question of when is a person part of the pack, but that's just my two scents.

How about we just have everybody pay a small fee before signing up then? :evil:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

CrewWolf wrote:I think anybody who contributes and takes part in sharing their ideas for the movie can become part of the pack. Not very official though. I guess it could do with post count but I'm reluctant to make that the only way to become a pack member. Usually when that happens in forums you get this "I have been here longer, I have posted the most, therefore I am more elite than thou" vibe from the "elite members" which I absolutely hate. Its not how much you say or how long you happened to have been around; its what you say and how you relate with your fellow pack members that you will be judged upon. Once again, not very official and doesn't really answer the main question of when is a person part of the pack, but that's just my two scents.

How about we just have everybody pay a small fee before signing up then? :evil:

Post count? It wouldn't be fair. Look at mine. I want every pack member to be "equal" No ranking.

As for paying for membership, we might have to. I like to have a plastic ID membership card that will last for years. Not a piece of paper like a business card.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Paying would be a fair thing, as long as its a small ($5-$10 maybe) one-time fee, and not some sort of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annually, whatever) cost to 'maintain' the membership.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Paying would be a fair thing, as long as its a small ($5-$10 maybe) one-time fee, and not some sort of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annually, whatever) cost to 'maintain' the membership.
Sure, money to cover the cost of printing the plastic ID cards, certificates, ETC.

Oh, we should have our own ID# on the card. Easier to keep track of the members.

:wink:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

8) I, of course, will be Number 1... the rest of you can all fall into step behind me...
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

#'s are nice...maybe in the order that we registered on this sight. So when The Pack becomes very very large the "veterans" elders....whatever... will be known.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darkmoon wrote:#'s are nice...maybe in the order that we registered on this sight. So when The Pack becomes very very large the "veterans" elders....whatever... will be known.

It may not be just #'s It could be a mixture of letters and numbers. I don't think it'll start at #1.

Lets not have rankings of any kind. All are equal here.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I am going to answer your question by saying that a "Pack Member" is defined as someone who hits your "3 moon" status (as the description for 3 moons showing is "pack member" as you'll see).
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

I aggree on the point about having posted a certain number of times, if someone posts just once so that they can say they helped in producing this , then thats just taking the mickey :P :x

Dang i can't get my new avanatar working :cry: I need to link it from another site but it doesnt work :x Any tips? Its too big apparently
*When you're down... howl*
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Members that genuinely help as best they can, giving their insights, opinions while they support the film along with the staff is a good start.

Yea, perhaps having a "Support Fee" would be a good idea, as this would further show they are serious about supporting the film while helping out you guys as well.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverfang wrote:I aggree on the point about having posted a certain number of times, if someone posts just once so that they can say they helped in producing this , then thats just taking the mickey :P :x

True, but sometimes that one post can lead to something big.
Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

Does mentioning coconuts get ya anywhere :o
Feed me bread.... Quack!
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Maybe new members should have to pass a series of tests....
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

tests...what exactly do you mean by that...?
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

You know...tests... >.> <.< >.> *slinks away*
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

like as in The Pack mascot is a duck..not a wolf as would be expected.... :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

CrewWolf wrote:Maybe new members should have to pass a series of tests....

Tests? Oh sure. Make it 100 questions and you have to get them all right in order to join.

:D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Well instead of ranking in numbers how about on our "card" have the date we joined the pack. A small membership with our membership card and a t-shirt. I would pay about twenty bucks for that.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.