The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Sweeeeeet!..... I loved the old british version.

I know I'm going to love this movie. :lol:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

AWESOME! that is so awesome... *can't think of any other words* the book was great... so... wheee!
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Shadowblaze wrote:AWESOME! that is so awesome... *can't think of any other words* the book was great... so... wheee!
I could not have but it more eloquently myself... :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

It looks like more than a few things will be very different from the old "Cult - Classic" version. I wonder how many of my favorite old scenes will be revived in some form in this remake?

*the"...gargle blaster"

*Disaster Aria.

*"You're...(line blank for the sake of those who have not seen it)...Stop it!"

*The last thoughts of two things just brought into existance before they are suddenly, and violently, taken OUT of existance again" *Splat*

*The exits of the two species on earth that were actually smarter than humans...before it's scheduled destruction.

...and many more.

I'm sure I will see some NEW favorite scenes in this modern version. Ohhhhh....I've got to watch the original again now. :lol:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Remember the anti-fear shades? Whenever something frightening appears they turn pitch black, thus preventing the wearer from seeing what would otherwise frighten him?

And also:

"If the lady and gentlemen would care to take drinks before dinner?"
"Yeah, great!"
"And the universe will explode later for your pleasure."
"Wow! What kind of drinks do you have here?"

"The fabulously beautiful planet Bethselamin is now so worried about the cumulative erosion by ten billion visiting tourists a year that any net imbalance between the amount you eat and the amount you excrete while on the planet is surgically removed from you body weight when you leave: so every time you go to the lavatory there it is vitally important to get a receipt."

"Enteropia is a planet beriddled with meteor storms. But don't worry if a meteorite hits you - the Ardrites will replace you at no extra cost."

"Tips for aliens in New York:
Land anywhere. Central Park, anywhere. No one will care or indeed even notice."

"Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem, "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in my Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience died of internal hemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled "My Favorite Bathtime Gurgles" when his own major intestine, in an attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain.

The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth."

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and improbable.

There is another which states that this has already happened."
:lol:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

hahaha! It's a pity I read that too long ago... but wasn't the worst poetry "dead swans rotting in a lake" by that person in essex?:lol: :duckie
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:lol: I loved the tapes we had of it until they got eaten by our old player :cry: :x ...

In anycase, looks good :)
*When you're down... howl*
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Heh, I still have the old vhs version. If Disney has any part in this film though there will probably be a lot of changes in it. I had heard that recently Touchstone pictures took it over from Disney, that should help with the rating, if Disney had kept it , it would have been at least PG-13 if not PG.

I don't know what to think of Mos Def playing as Ford Prefect....seems odd to me.

Here are a copule of links :

http://www.douglasadams.se/movie/

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

The release date April 29th , I figured it was worth posting since they said it had changed.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I can't wait. I loved the book so much.

hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Heh, I still have the old vhs version. If Disney has any part in this film though there will probably be a lot of changes in it. I had heard that recently Touchstone pictures took it over from Disney, that should help with the rating, if Disney had kept it , it would have been at least PG-13 if not PG.
Guess who owns Touchstone? Disney.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Guess who owns Touchstone? Disney.
Right. Touchstone is the name they release movies under to distance itself from that Disney magic crap.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

My vhs that was put out by Fox isn't given a rating. I can't wait to see how much editing they've done.....you know I think these movie censores are a bit behind the times, I've seen worse stuff on TV than in theaters and you would think it would be the other way around.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Check out this trailer. Its different and exclusive to this site.

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/feat ... lusive.asp#

Try using Quicktime.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well, Quicktime finally has both versions of the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchston ... trailer_2/

I like this trailer.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchston ... trailer_3/
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

:lol: ...that's just awsome!

I'm going to Love this movie. :D

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

This film should be out on DVD today.