I'm on Asian live TV!!

General convention type stuff.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

I'm on Asian live TV!!

Post by Figarou »

Your Pack Representative was interviewed at A-kon16!! Check it out!!!

http://asianlivetv.com/channel_video_pa ... 16Fans.php

See if you can spot me!!! (Just look for someone wearing a werewolf T-shirt standing in front of the Freeborn poster.)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Dude! I think I saw you in front of that Freeborn/ Calypso Stuidos booth!! That T-Shirt rings a bell because I remember how I thought it was awesome. (I was doing some shopping for kick-tail t-shirts that day.) Sorry I didn't say anything if I did see you. That was before I even knew what Freeborn, or even where these forums, were.

Your right though. A-Kon got big rather quick. I first went in 2003 when it was at the Hayatt Regency Hotel inside DFW airport. I've gone every year after that, and the growing magnitude of it all is very obvious. From what you said, you hadn't attended since 1997 er something? That's a long hiatus from convention going.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:Dude! I think I saw you in front of that Freeborn/ Calypso Stuidos booth!! That T-Shirt rings a bell because I remember how I thought it was awesome. (I was doing some shopping for kick-tail t-shirts that day.) Sorry I didn't say anything if I did see you. That was before I even knew what Freeborn, or even where these forums, were.

Your right though. A-Kon got big rather quick. I first went in 2003 when it was at the Hayatt Regency Hotel inside DFW airport. I've gone every year after that, and the growing magnitude of it all is very obvious. From what you said, you hadn't attended since 1997 er something? That's a long hiatus from convention going.

Heh...there was no way if I remember seeing you. There was so many people at A-kon. :o

I went to A-kon when it was in Arlington, TX back in 1996 and 1997. Didn't go back until 2005.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Huge jump in size. I went back in 1993, when it was around 400 people. I remember when it broke 1000, and then 2000, and then 5000.

A little over a decade ago I ran a Werewolf: the Apocalypse game set in 2016, with the first game being set at A-Kon. I had the convention set downtown between two hotels and a convention center, because it had gotten that big. It's actually gotten to that point, and it did it a decade early! (It's hosted by only one hotel and the convention center, but it's the largest in Texas, and convention guests still fill up two overflow hotels.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I was in the Westin for overflow. I'll do the same thing next year. The overflow discounts are good, and the Westin is a five-star hotel. Definately worth $300 for two nights!

I'll upload my own pics from the event to show yall soon.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora