Yes. Options 1 2 & 3
61%
No.
3%

Total votes: 33

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:The vet? I can see it now...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm gonna get NEUTERED? Oh HELL no!"
he he

another forum member with a sence of humor.

:D
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

It's better that he be neutered at the vet, than at home ala a "do-it-yourself" kit.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

ok this thread has gone seriously off topic...
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:ok this thread has gone seriously off topic...
Ooops,

Ok, I admit it. I got carried away.

Cease and Desist
kita
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: I can run faster scared than you can angry!

Post by kita »

ok this poll should have a bit of a name change i think cause it sayes would people hunt werewolves. fo course they would they kill any thing thats even a remote threat and to make it worse theyed make some sort of religious excuse to make it seem like there not doing any thing wrong. so i really dont see the point of this topic especialy if the movie consits allmost entirly of werewoves. i just dont get it :?
Some say we do not exist, in turn they ignore us, others say we are immortal, in turn they dispise and destroy us, but i know we bleed and die and I am sure I exist.
thus reality
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Okay... First and foremost, yes, there is nothing wrong with a bit of humor, but we already have a thread devoted to potential humor. Seriously, I've seen moneky s***-fights at the zoo more organized than this thread. :P

And second:
ok this poll should have a bit of a name change i think cause it sayes would people hunt werewolves. fo course they would they kill any thing thats even a remote threat and to make it worse theyed make some sort of religious excuse to make it seem like there not doing any thing wrong. so i really dont see the point of this topic especialy if the movie consits allmost entirly of werewoves. i just dont get it :?
The idea behind the initial thread was that, for every supernatural element in the world, there are varrying ways in which humans regard them; the most notable people are those that want to try and prove it to the nonbelievers. This poll was meant to ask if the forum participants through people would hunt werewolves and, if so, how would they do so. Nobody has chosen the option "No" yet, so the discussion has mostly focused on the reasons why someone would hunt a werewolf.
:? Was the title really that misleading?
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
*When you're down... howl*
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I am the only person who voted "no" and that is only because I think that your film would have to set a presidence for that, like how common are the werewolves in everyday society and how well knopwn are they. I can only go by one real "werewolf-ish" story that is like a "bigfoot" story today in modern times, and that is the Wisconsin, USA werewolf called the Beast of Bray Road (there's a great book on it in fact that is available on-line. Sorry, I can't vote on that one, but as the story develops, I can see people wanting to hunt them/capture them for scientific reasons, research reasons, having the military involved and yadda, yadda, yadda the list goes on....
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Shoot! People hunt other people (all of the above); I can't imagine them not hunting Werewolves in the same way.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Human motivations are layered and complex enough that any of the above motives are foreseeable. If werewolves were real, and if enough people knew or suspected their reality, then all three of the above would almost certainly come into play.

On the point of "hunters" who feel a need to exterminate lycanthropes, that's a very human thing to do. The last thing humans want is anything that could be a challenge to the self-proclaimed "top of the food chain." That, and various religious motivations would also motivate hunters. Both Christianity (destroying "the Beast") and Islam (who would find the thought of being bitten and turned into an "unclean" animal nothing short of horrific) have their fair share of extremists. (In case you haven't noticed the last three years of CNN, Fox, or BBC News, it's come up a lot.)

On the point of digital photographers and cryptozoologists, these kind of hunters already exist. They're just still trying to prove or ponder the "what if" question. If they were indeed real, then that would only further encourage curiosity.

On the point of individualistic motives, Heck yeah! Business profit, medical breakthroughs, civil rights, legal ramifications, and day to day impact on society are all potential issues if werewolves became public. Staying hidden, there's still the ubiquitous military research--as cliche as it is, the U.S. military still continues to deliver human rights violations and secret conspiracy stuff to this day. Just mention the special discount code "Geneva Conventions" when you check out for five percent off your next deployment order.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...