Teeth And Claws

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Teeth And Claw Color?

Black claws and white teeth
89%
Yellow claws and yellow teeth
2%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
2%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
7%

Total votes: 45

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

ABrownrigg wrote:Hell no.
Thank goodness.
ABrownrigg wrote:There might be more werewolves out there than you think. You just don't see em every day. They tend to go camping a lot.. outdoorsy types really. Drive SUV's.. carney folk... smell like cabbage.. small hands.. nnnnrrr
They sound like really nice folks
ABrownrigg wrote:Either that or they enter politics.
I thought you said that this movie wasn't going to portray them as inhuman monsters who feast upon the flesh and souls of innocents.
ABrownrigg wrote:Anyhoo thats my theory. Now I must sleep as I'm running on 38 hours of coffee.. (bows) thank you.

Anthony Brownrigg
*watches him walk around in a circle before heading to bed*
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Werewolves in politics aye?

Hmm....

"Stop chasing your tail mister president!"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolvenOne wrote:Werewolves in politics aye?

Hmm....

"Stop chasing your tail mister president!"
Don't tell you watched "Werewolf of Washington"?
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Oy-a-vey, that's a tough one! Well, I voted, but I'm not commenting on what I said, but let me just say that maybe the color of the teeth should reflect the individual's personal dental hygeine before the trasformation (God forbid they have fillings before the change, oy!). The color of the nails?...maybe a color between the color of human nails and wolf nails on some color palate somewhere? Hmmmm.....
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Well, before reading I was partial to the yellow teeth, but after reading...you're right, light yellow to white is the way to go. Red after mass murders, though. hwlwnk
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Canines do have decent hygiene, as they chew bones, sticks, etc to keep their teeth clean. They say their mouths are cleaner than ours (with exceptions of course) so I agree that off-white (creamish) teeth would be best.

A variation in claw color would help further the distinction between each individual werewolf too. :)
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Why not variety, either ivory or black claws, according to genetics, and ivory or yellow or black teeth according to dental hygiene? After all, some dogs have white claws and some have black (and some have brown).
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I am all for younger werewolves having bright white teeth. Perhaps though as they get older just like people they teeth become discolored and begin to turn yellow. Or they could just get specially made werewolf dentures! :lol:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

It's probably all the coffee they drink.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Black and white

Post by Scott Gardener »

Gray claws were mentioned before, but denounced as clashing with the color scheme.

I have never had a close look at a real wolf's claws, but dogs have claws that are usually a dark, charcoal gray, though I've seen them in light tan if the surrounding fur color is similarly light. I'd vote for those colors if they were on the ballot.

I also prefer fairly healthy teeth. Something that has to break down and regrow teeth with every shapeshift should be able to grow them out healthy rather than worn out.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

I've worked with captive wolves before and they all have black claws and white teeth, now dirt can can make the claws look brown and tarter can stain the teeth and it is mostly around the bases because wolves chew a lot, the enclosure I was in the wolves had just finished chewing down a medium size white pine . I also ran into this prob. when I was painting some werewolves recently, the claws blended in too much on dark fur and it looked odd, but I finally decided to go with a gloss black for the claws so they could be a natural wolf's color and stand out a bit. Now some dog's have a pink root and white nails for their claw color and despite being a wolf subspecies I wouldn't want my werewolves having white claws unless they are in midtransformation.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:I've worked with captive wolves before and they all have black claws and white teeth, now dirt can can make the claws look brown and tarter can stain the teeth and it is mostly around the bases because wolves chew a lot, the enclosure I was in the wolves had just finished chewing down a medium size white pine . I also ran into this prob. when I was painting some werewolves recently, the claws blended in too much on dark fur and it looked odd, but I finally decided to go with a gloss black for the claws so they could be a natural wolf's color and stand out a bit. Now some dog's have a pink root and white nails for their claw color and despite being a wolf subspecies I wouldn't want my werewolves having white claws unless they are in midtransformation.
Very interesting....

Thank you "Blade-of-the-Moon" for sharing your first-hand knowlage on the subject. :D
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Vuldari wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:I've worked with captive wolves before and they all have black claws and white teeth, now dirt can can make the claws look brown and tarter can stain the teeth and it is mostly around the bases because wolves chew a lot, the enclosure I was in the wolves had just finished chewing down a medium size white pine . I also ran into this prob. when I was painting some werewolves recently, the claws blended in too much on dark fur and it looked odd, but I finally decided to go with a gloss black for the claws so they could be a natural wolf's color and stand out a bit. Now some dog's have a pink root and white nails for their claw color and despite being a wolf subspecies I wouldn't want my werewolves having white claws unless they are in midtransformation.
Very interesting....

Thank you "Blade-of-the-Moon" for sharing your first-hand knowlage on the subject. :D
No prob. and you can call me Blade for short... :wink:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Blade for short?

What an odd name...

Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

:)

That was very interesting information and some that I've never heard before. Thanks.

When you said that the claws got brown from the dirt, did you mean that they were stained brown. It seems that the mottled brown claws that I've seen on dogs was brown around cracks. That might explain why they were brown. Also, I've noticed that a lot of black claws are brown in slivers that light can shine through. Did you notice if wolf claws were like that?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:No prob. and you can call me Blade for short... :wink:
Blade?...
Image :lol:
WolfVanZandt wrote:Blade for short?

What an odd name...
ohhh... "Bladfershort"...okay. I've got it now. :wink:
Last edited by Vuldari on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lurch
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Lurch »

White teeth: Ever seen wolves? They have 'em. So do most humans. Shade A2 is fine.

Black claws I guess. It would just look better in most cases.
"If you love someone, set them free" - Gordon Sumner
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

But the Wereolf teeth that really drive me nuts are the ones that go in all directions. And if they were straight they' go through the roof of the poor guy's mouth. You can understand why those Werewolves are in such foul moods all the time.

People talk about getting fangs - that's not the teeth that I covet. Have you ever seen carnassials. Man! What I could do to a T-bone with a set of those things!
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Vuldari wrote:
Blade?...
Image :lol:

What an odd name...
Not the bloody leech of course..... :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolfVanZandt wrote:But the Wereolf teeth that really drive me nuts are the ones that go in all directions. And if they were straight they' go through the roof of the poor guy's mouth. You can understand why those Werewolves are in such foul moods all the time.

People talk about getting fangs - that's not the teeth that I covet. Have you ever seen carnassials. Man! What I could do to a T-bone with a set of those things!

I hate those myself. I like nice straight teeth. The teeth in the Van Helsing werewolves was perfect. I'd have no problem opening soda pop cans with teeth like that!! (Not Velken his werewolf teeth was ugly. In fact, everything about velken was ugly.)
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

What an odd name...

Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

:)

That was very interesting information and some that I've never heard before. Thanks.

When you said that the claws got brown from the dirt, did you mean that they were stained brown. It seems that the mottled brown claws that I've seen on dogs was brown around cracks. That might explain why they were brown. Also, I've noticed that a lot of black claws are brown in slivers that light can shine through. Did you notice if wolf claws were like that?
By brown coloring I just meant from dirt sticking to them in much the same way that humans get dirt under their nails alters the color a bit. I'm looking at some real wolf claws right now and have one of my biology books out, the slivers are prob. either dirt or old parts of the claw where it has been cracked or broken and then started regrowing. A healthy wolf's claw may look a bit translucent when a strong light is held behind it, even being black as it is.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
WolfVanZandt wrote:But the Wereolf teeth that really drive me nuts are the ones that go in all directions. And if they were straight they' go through the roof of the poor guy's mouth. You can understand why those Werewolves are in such foul moods all the time.

I hate those myself. I like nice straight teeth. The teeth in the Van Helsing werewolves was perfect. I'd have no problem opening soda pop cans with teeth like that!! (Not Velken his werewolf teeth was ugly. In fact, everything about velken was ugly.)
Werewolves with those are usually portrayed as evil or they are demon wolves, compare a Black Spiral Dancer ( corrupted werewolf ) from WtA and any of the tribes and you'll get the idea.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

But I bet a good orthodontist would fix them right up.

Thanks for the information.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Blade?...
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/94/16/70m.gif :lol:

What an odd name...

Thats not how you treat a new member.

Welcome, Blade-of-the-Moon to the pack forum. Hope your stay is a pleasant one.

:D
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Blade?...
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/94/16/70m.gif :lol:

What an odd name...

Thats not how you treat a new member.

Welcome, Blade-of-the-Moon to the pack forum. Hope your stay is a pleasant one.

:D
No grudges, I've been to a lot of forums... :wink:

You know , Figarou it's your fault I'm here in the first place.....you have to go where the pack goes..... :D