Personality Type

The place for anything at all...

Do you feel this test accuratly describes you?

Yes
50%
No
17%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
33%

Total votes: 12

WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Personality Type

Post by WolvenOne »

I'm curious about everyones personality type here. Largely because I have a certain theory regarding people in tight knit fandoms.

You can take a somewhat profesional personality test at....

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

and can read extended descriptions of your personality type...

http://www.typelogic.com/

For the record, I am an ENFP, often reffered to as an "Idealist Champion," type. You can read an extended description of the personlaity type that I rather like....

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html <--
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Oh...I hate those test.

I took one and it was 100% wrong about me.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm INFP
THE GAME

My Armory
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Figarou wrote:Oh...I hate those test.

Well, there's two kinds of profesional psychologist tests like this. the MBTI, and the one I directed you towards. They're extremly similer to eachother, but the Jung type in my analysis is the more accurate of the two. Largely because it allows people to be a bit more specific with thier answers.

That being said, they're just tests, and not everybody fits inside of them. So I fully expected a few people to get "totally wrong," results.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:
Figarou wrote:Oh...I hate those test.

Well, there's two kinds of profesional psychologist tests like this. the MBTI, and the one I directed you towards. They're extremly similer to eachother, but the Jung type in my analysis is the more accurate of the two. Largely because it allows people to be a bit more specific with thier answers.

That being said, they're just tests, and not everybody fits inside of them. So I fully expected a few people to get "totally wrong," results.
Sometimes they have questions that confuse me. They use words I never seen before. If I stumble across a word I never seen before while reading a post, I Google it. I can't do that while taking that test. Unless I'm able to ask what that word means.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Oh.... well answering randomly could REALLY throw off your result. However, it's an online test so you can always open another window and google words you don't understand.
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

Infp

i took it cause of bordome and it is about 70% correct i guess..
Shift_
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Oh.... well answering randomly could REALLY throw off your result. However, it's an online test so you can always open another window and google words you don't understand.

I had to take a written version before getting hired. It wasn't an online version.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, that was for work, this is for play. ;)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I think the results were fairly fitting. Not perfect, but good considering they're trying to cram all of humanity into 16 little categories.

I got ISTP. My Introverted and Thinking scores were very high. My Sensing/Intuitive and Perceiving/Judging scores were both border-line.

Maybe I'll be able to get them all border-line someday. Then no one will know what to make of me...

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

INTJ

...though I don't feel this is really accurate.

Many questions ask me if I value this over that...with one being a more practical, logical thing, and the other a more emotional, spiritual thing.

...however...in life, I "logically" deduce that it is in my best interest to weigh the practical and emotional benefiets of any decision before taking action.

I consider emotion to allways be one of the most important factors of the equation. I value emotion greatly...but know that taking action that deny's me more immediate satisfaction will usually bring me greater emotional benefiet later on.

...how do I answer? To say I value logic over emotion would be inaccurate, because I beleive that the persuit of positive emotional experiences is the very meaning of life itself...but I know that following my emotions blindly will almost surely lead me to disaster.

There is no accurate way for me to answer.

I'm with Figarou. I don't like these tests at all. For me, they are almost never right.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, you're supposed to go with your gut instinct. However I ran into a couple instances where I felt no strong pull towards primarilly using either as well.

On those questions, I just put down the "neutral" setting right in the middle. Which is why I came out fairly evenly balenced in a couple catagories.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

INTP... odd, i sound like a machine... but, you never know.... :evillaugh: :catchduckie:
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I got INTP, but I'm not very sure about the anwser, There were several questions where I can't answre accuratly enough with five radio buttons. (Mostly because I 'm giving an answer without context.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, this may be too little too late. However to determine if a result is... iffy. Take a look at the detailed answers they give out when you complete the test. If I remember correctly it gives you a percentage based sliding scale on how well you fit into each number that makes up your personality type.

If you're close to 50%, that means you could easily fit into another catagory if your mood is different or if the questions were asked under a certain context.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

How close? Since I still have the other tab open:
Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
Intuitive (N) 51.35% Sensing (S) 48.65%
Thinking (T) 55.56% Feeling (F) 44.44%
Perceiving (P) 52.63% Judging (J) 47.37%
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Wow, you're darn close on almost all fronts. Meaning you're likely an extremly balenced individual. Either that or you were just lazy and put down neutral most of the time. ;)

Incidentally. I just retook the Jung personality test, this time taking the advanced 130 question test.

It turns out that I am an exact tie between ENFP and ENFJ. Which doesn't suprise me that much. I've always scored near 50% on F/J mark and have gotten ENFJ once when taking this test some time ago.

Still Exactly 50/50 seems, so unlikely. ;)

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Here's me:
Introverted (I) 65.52% Extroverted (E) 34.48%
Intuitive (N) 55.88% Sensing (S) 44.12%
Feeling (F) 53.33% Thinking (T) 46.67%
Perceiving (P) 60% Judging (J) 40%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

This is accurate enough, I guess. I duno.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Introverted (I) 61.11% Extroverted (E) 38.89%
Intuitive (N) 54.76% Sensing (S) 45.24%
Thinking (T) 62.16% Feeling (F) 37.84%
Judging (J) 58.54% Perceiving (P) 41.46%

Your type is: INTJ

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

I remember in the 'what kind of shapeshifter are you' thread I posted that website and had done several of the tests. I guess they do deserve their own thread though, they're pretty neat tests.

I find thisseemed to discribe me pretty well, not perfect ofcource. But this didn't do so well, yet what I found really funny is for the second link alot of the jobs they stated that are perferred, are alot that I'm interested into, that one fit my job ideas greatly. The first link did descibe me very well.

I do have feelings though, I just think it through if I should be putting my heart into something before I do so. I do care about others, how they are feeling, and making sure others are okay. I also want to be curtious (speling?) to others, so they'll be good and happy. I want to rescue and give TLC to all those poor homeless pets, hard to say I don't care when I'm fussed about a cat that had been hurt.

These things certanly are not perfect, but it fits pretty good.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Introverted (I) 51.35% Extroverted (E) 48.65%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%
Judging (J) 56.41% Perceiving (P) 43.59%

Your type is: INTJ
Accuracy: - 5 high 4 3 2 1 low

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

I think Im a pretty well balanced person dont you agree. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Yeah, pretty well balenced.

A quick FYI to people, these descriptions are written for those who firmly fit into those catagories. However most people don't go too terribly much higher then 60% in any catagory so most people a are "smidge," more well balenced then those that firmly fit into those catagories.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

WolvenOne wrote:Wow, you're darn close on almost all fronts. Meaning you're likely an extremly balenced individual. Either that or you were just lazy and put down neutral most of the time. ;)
It's not really that I'm lazy, but for some questions I can't answer more one way than the other without qualifying the answer I give. (You should see the kinds of clauses I use when people ask me tech support questions.)
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Heh, I was merely jesting. ;)
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

ESFJ for me heh =)
ImageImage
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

It claims that I am INTP. The accuracy of this is questionable, though the detailed thing does bear a few similarities to my self-image.
Sanity is relative.