The Big Picture

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: may be you know who i am, but no what i am

Post by Zire »

thats good
i havent learn any new of english in my school since "primaria" (i havnt translate that because the levels are diferent but is between the 6 and the 12 years old)
but i have learned english whit other teachers in the afternoons :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Do you know whats the first word that people learn from a foreign language.....cuss words, I swear when ever somebody can speak another language, the first thing that everyone ask is How do you say [spoiler]a**[/spoiler] in spanish or vietmenese.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Zire »

hahaah
in the apropiate way is trasero (but) but in the bad way is culo (a**)
:P

my apologises if i cant say that word
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

hahaah

Ha, I'll have to remember that :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Zire wrote:hahaah
:P

Bwhaha...Now I can curse at people in Spanish. :lol:
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Zire »

mmm i dont think so
because that ist a curse for a people y just a bad work
mm let me think an example
english spanish
dumb = tonto, menso
that are words, how can i say, lvl 1

idiot = idiota
stupid= estupido
a**= culo

that are words lvl 2

and then there are words that are lvl 3, and even lvl 4
so you cant curse whit that word (its not a big ofence)

(sorry about my spelling)
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

Well, it's a big list of questions, but that's very fair.

let's see... I think that it's more fantasy with very, very few science.

Miths and stuff like:-------------------------

Are werewolves good or evil?
If he is good or bad, it's by his mind. Never satanic or stuff like. Never.

Is it a gift or a curse?
Well, it depends how the WW thinks about that.

What about the moon?
The moon doesn't make him to transform. but it may instigate him, like a weak instinct.

What about silver?
Silver bullets will act like all normal bullets: if you shot on one with a big bullet, probaly he will die or get severely wounded.

What about water?
Nothing.

Aptitude for magic?
Never though about. But maybe, restricted to buffs.

Physical-------------------------------

How is it spread?
It's a lican virus. Spread by making it get on the blood current. If a female WW is pregnant, probaly, but not certainly, the kid will get the virus. It's like when a HIV positive mother haves a healthy baby.

Gender issues?
The Male is larger and haves longer fur than the females.

Regeneration?
At Human rate only, not wolverine's heal factor

What stances (Digitigrade vs. plantigrade, bipedal vs. all fours)?
Bipedal digitigrade.

Do they have tails?
The tails haves a social importance among wolves and dogs: wagging when happy, raising when "angry", and stuff-lie. And I like tails =P, so definitively yes. human form does not haves tails.

Fur?
Covering all of his body. the color variation is very high, from black to pure white, passing for very dark blue colors (some kind of genetical variation)

head?
Wolf style. Maybe look childish, but I like to see WWs as beautiful - not cute - creatures.

eyes?
Human colors, except of one very clear brown, nearly yellow.

Senses?
Human vision and wolf audition and sense of smell. Can see all the colors. In dark places, it is like ours, because the WW will use more the other senses in these situations.

Body Shape?
a little larger shoulders, decent mass gain on all over the body, muscles not so defined (like fat, but it's solid muscles), proportional feet. It's height is something about 2-2,6 meters. In human form they're a bit taller and heavier than before getting the lycan virus.

Physical capacities?
very stronger and faster, but not Hulk. His Jumping is high.

How long do they naturally live?
something about 75-100, due the physical improvement.

Comunication?
in wolf form, only barks and howls. in hybrid, purely human.

Claws?
yes, but little and sharp. Wolf-like.

Whiskers?
Also, wolf-style.

Special powers?
No

Sifhting?
It's not very painfull. the Van Helsing style is pretty good, but no so painful. There are 2 degrees: purely wolf, when the WW body is absorving the virus and, after some weeks, hybrid.

When do they first shift?
24 hours after getting the virus (incubation period) for purely wolf. 3 months later, it becomes hybrid gradually (virus absorption by the body)

Psicological-----------------------------

How in-control of themselves are they?
They're still human, so it's for each one

How intelligent?
His own inteligence. no gain or loss.

In what ways can they communicate?
When on pure wolf, only howls and barks. On hybrid, it can talks too (with some barking accent, but clear)

Group dynamics?
Live among humans, hunts with other Wereanimal friends. =P

Emotion?
instable until it learns how to live in that situation.

Other---------------------------

Other Weres?
The virus is very unstable, so there are another weremammals. They are like the werewolves, but very few diferences, depending on the wereanimal (i.e.: Werecheetas are faster than Weremonkeys)

how would they react to each other?
I always though that werewolves would be social with werefelines and werebears. Don't ask me why =P

How do they interact with vampires?
Werewolves don't like then, but also don't hate. I don't know if the vampires thinks that way too.

Old age? Illness?
WWs are more resistant, but can still die from diseases, like AIDS or cancer.

Are there telltale signs in human form?
WWs in human form are more sensible to smells. It also emanate a smell that are percepted only by canines, bears and other wereanimals. So they can discover each other, even in human form.

Psychological issues?
At start, they're generaly in panic, seeing thenselfes as wolves. after accustom, they are fine. Wereanimals in general haves a little ecological sense gain, since they start to think more about their condition.

Mating?
Yep, they do it.

Revert after death?
if it's an instant death, no. if it's dying slow, the body can reverse, trying to eliminate the licantropy virus as a desperate survive act.

Music?
Werewolves love music!

Interaction with real wolves?
the wolves will treat the WW as another wolf.

can the virus be cured?
only with death

Fighting style:
They like to use more the hands and arms than the feet.

-----------------------
Yeah, this is not the most seriou werewolf profile, but it's in that way that I like.
huh?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

All this stuff looks good.

I think there could be several types of werewolf. The energy feeding one retains a tail in human form. This isn't good in a human society. The other types don't.

They change the DNA via virus, perhaps, but they are also a different species and undergo evolution like every other species; and if a virus, this could also change.

They undergo speciation. Depends on selection pressures and the like. Perhaps more so in ancient times than now.

I have to think more about those genetic and evolutionary factors, but it's a basic start.

I also don't think you can 'cure' a were unless you completely alter their DNA. I think once a were, always a were, and they will pass on the genes because they are a different species from a human. But this varies from story to story.

As for appearance, I guess something like Goldenwolf's Gestalt form, and a larger but not much bigger wolf in wolf form, beautiful animal, perhaps in various stories some may be more powerful, others may have large fangs (Someone mentioned that here somehwere in this thread), or other features more fantastical. Depends really what I feel like writing.

Halfbreeds: Well...I'm not entirely sure if they should be able to breed with humans. They are a different species. But possibly. And a cat mating with a wolf? Not sure the DNA would match for weres (obviously it'd never work in the wild!!). Again, depends on the story and the way I had it before was that most children of this cross were deformed or dead but those that survived were fairly unique (Not exactly having any special powers though). (My avatar is a cross, a maned wolf with a catlike tail but their structure was fairly 'in between' and at another point it was simply a species of it's own, not a canine cross feline).

Reverting after death...hmm...not really.

Evil? Nah. Same as human: Depends on the personality. They have complex personalities and minds like a human of course.

Horror wolves? Yeah there would be those. Or other were creatures. Those who take pride in their power. Those out of control. Violent, vicious creatures. Perhaps look distorted too.

As CanisLupus said, vampires and werewolves...I can't see animosity unless over territory really. And there are many other creatures of the night out there. Vampires may feel superior and weres might, like humans feel superior to animals and I'm sure my cat feels he is superior to humans!

Therians? Different thing altogether. Reincarnation. Or perhaps a very old ancestor or relative and they have shifter blood but none of the abilities so much. (But since therians are not fantasy, I'm all for the reincarnation)

------------------------------

This thread's hell old but oh well.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-