Celebrities with natural fur coats.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Celebrities with natural fur coats.

Post by ChaosWolf »

We all have talked about werewolves in the more common aspects of society, but what about in the less-common roles, like science or government?

What would it be like if, say, a handful of lesgislators or scientists or celebrities or somesuch other "in-the-public-eye" personas were somehow "outed" as werewolves? Celebrities especially, considering how tabloid and paparazzi enjoy mudslinging and rumormongering...

"Mr. President, please stop humping Madame Ambassador's leg!"

"It's okay. Clinton did the same thing when I met him, too."
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation: Are You Aware?

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've explored the political ramifications; it would basically redefine humanity and drive a wedge into the current notions that seperate humans from other animals. It would be a big step forward for animal rights in the long run. But, in the mean time, it would cause tremendous chaos throughout society.

I'm sure a werewolf society would emerge, complete with a religion that might draw Pagan elements, emphasizing perhaps moon imagery. Werewolf radicals would emerge, convinced that all the humans of the world should be converted. On the other end of the spectrum, there would be Fundamentalist Christians convinced that the emergence of werewolves is the appearance of "The Beast" from Revelations. Similarly, Islamic radicals would have a field day with the thought of a contageon that transforms people into "unclean" canines.

Werewolf activism would be one part of werewolf society and culture, but there would be others, ranging from therians like many of us, who jumped in at the chance to get it willingly, to support groups for those who got afflicted accidently or even by force against their will.

And, there's of course werewolf celebrities. Rock musicians who took the idea from Anne Rice and shapeshift on stage, actors who do parodies of old horror movies, stand-up comedians, action thriller stars, and the like.

Here in America, given the Republicans' Conservative Christian influence, their political party would vote heavily against therian interests. The Conservatives tend to oppose a lot of forward-thinking concepts, and genetic modification, even if werewolves were a naturally occurring phenomenon, would count. Democrats by comparison tend to be friendly to causes close to therian interests like environmentalism and open-minded lifestyles, and would thus vote accordingly. They'd be much friendlier to the therian lobby. The issue of werewolves would be pretty divisive, simply because it's hard not to think about it or not care one way or the other, because it is so radical a departure from what we know.

There'd be the politics surrounding sports--Should Scott Howard be allowed in the NBA, or does his lycanthropy give him an unfair advantage? Do werewolves have their own sports leagues? Can they participate in the Olympics, or are they disqualified? Would they count as genetically modified or engineered people?

And politics surrounding schools. As soon as one kid gets bitten in a playground fight, and one parent complains, the issue of sending werewolf kids to a "special" school instead of being with regular society would come up.

And that lays groundwork for segregation. The point is driven home by the sixtieth anniversary of the discovery by the allied forces of the captive survivors at the horrific Auchwitz.

And, if there was a government coverup, then things would get even messier.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
akujiwolf

Re: The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation: Are You Aware

Post by akujiwolf »

Scott Gardener wrote:I've explored the political ramifications; it would basically redefine humanity and drive a wedge into the current notions that seperate humans from other animals. It would be a big step forward for animal rights in the long run. But, in the mean time, it would cause tremendous chaos throughout society.

I'm sure a werewolf society would emerge, complete with a religion that might draw Pagan elements, emphasizing perhaps moon imagery. Werewolf radicals would emerge, convinced that all the humans of the world should be converted. On the other end of the spectrum, there would be Fundamentalist Christians convinced that the emergence of werewolves is the appearance of "The Beast" from Revelations. Similarly, Islamic radicals would have a field day with the thought of a contageon that transforms people into "unclean" canines.

Werewolf activism would be one part of werewolf society and culture, but there would be others, ranging from therians like many of us, who jumped in at the chance to get it willingly, to support groups for those who got afflicted accidently or even by force against their will.

And, there's of course werewolf celebrities. Rock musicians who took the idea from Anne Rice and shapeshift on stage, actors who do parodies of old horror movies, stand-up comedians, action thriller stars, and the like.

Here in America, given the Republicans' Conservative Christian influence, their political party would vote heavily against therian interests. The Conservatives tend to oppose a lot of forward-thinking concepts, and genetic modification, even if werewolves were a naturally occurring phenomenon, would count. Democrats by comparison tend to be friendly to causes close to therian interests like environmentalism and open-minded lifestyles, and would thus vote accordingly. They'd be much friendlier to the therian lobby. The issue of werewolves would be pretty divisive, simply because it's hard not to think about it or not care one way or the other, because it is so radical a departure from what we know.

There'd be the politics surrounding sports--Should Scott Howard be allowed in the NBA, or does his lycanthropy give him an unfair advantage? Do werewolves have their own sports leagues? Can they participate in the Olympics, or are they disqualified? Would they count as genetically modified or engineered people?

And politics surrounding schools. As soon as one kid gets bitten in a playground fight, and one parent complains, the issue of sending werewolf kids to a "special" school instead of being with regular society would come up.

And that lays groundwork for segregation. The point is driven home by the sixtieth anniversary of the discovery by the allied forces of the captive survivors at the horrific Auchwitz.

And, if there was a government coverup, then things would get even messier.

Im referring to the "Conservative" statement.

1.) I am a conservative and I do not oppose forward thinking in any way as long as it does not negatively impact people, society, or the nation.

2.) You can not solely say that Democrats as a party would support this. You have to look at each person as an individual, not as a member of a party. I usually don't respond in these threads but I feel very strongly about political statements. The Republican Party is not just religious christian. There is a much broader scope, just like the Democratic Party.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Actually, the idea of a Werewolf poltician seems hilariously incongruent to me.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Trouble is, the social conservatives are making more policy than the fiscal conservatives these days. A party whose leaders are pushing to ban gay marriage would probably take a dim view of a supernatural menace.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The Sign of the Pentagon

Post by Scott Gardener »

Good point about the fiscal vs. social conservatives. I can see the Republican party have a reputation for opposing lycanthropic rights only to have a lycanthropic Secretary of State as part of the Chaney Administration. (Besides, the name Chaney is name recognition among the therian community!)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

:)

A Weremole in Washington....

I like it.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Oh GOD! politics *curls up in a quivering ball in a corner*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Darkmoon wrote:Oh GOD! politics *curls up in a quivering ball in a corner*
Heh, that makes 2 of us. :wink:
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:Oh GOD! politics *curls up in a quivering ball in a corner*
Heh, that makes 2 of us. :wink:
That makes 3 of us, ha, ha!
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Back to celebs please, not politics.

I only mentioned politics as an aspect of a high-profile person... politicians and celebrities are the two best examples of people who live the majority of life in the public eye.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Back to celebs please, not politics.

I only mentioned politics as an aspect of a high-profile person... politicians and celebrities are the two best examples of people who live the majority of life in the public eye.

I know one thing about famous celebrities. There is no time when you can go out without having a photographer taking pics of your personal life.

:x
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I don't know about politics, but I could definitely picture a werewolf working in Hollywood. The reasoning is that, the more attention you get in the spotlight, the more rumors and bizarre urban legends you're going to hear about yourself.

Just as an example, if I went to the police and told them was attacked by a guy I recognized from the local minimart, thrown into the trunk of a Honda Civic and held captive for a week by two escaped convicts in a warehouse, they might want to investigate.
On the other hand, if I went to the police and told them I was attacked by Tom Morello, thrown into the trunk of the Batmobile and held captive for a week by Bob Sagget and Rocky Marciano in the Trump Taj Majal...
You get the idea.

So if a werewolf did go into the entertainment industry, I think that would be his reasoning. Chances are he wouldn't be a big enough actor for the papparazzi to follow him around much, and hey, even if they did, anyone that got a photograph of him would inevitably all wind up working for the Star.
In fact, by that mentality, the best kind of role he could hope to ask for would be a B-rated werewolf movie. If America watches John Govenski turn into a werewolf on the big screen, then a week later the star publishes pictures of John Govenski turning into a werewolf... Anyone wanna' hazzard a guess as to how seriously people would take it?
hwlwnk
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Well, I can think of a few celebrities I'd like to see get some hair of the dog that bit them...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lasthowl wrote:Well, I can think of a few celebrities I'd like to see get some hair of the dog that bit them...

I can think of 2

Cameron Diaz and Jeri Ryan.

RRRAAWWWRRR!!! HOT HOT!! Image
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

I wouldn't mind BEING the dog that bit them... heheheh... lck :wink:
My Werewolf Code!:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:I wouldn't mind BEING the dog that bit them... heheheh... lck :wink:
To late. Beat you to it!! :lol:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

:x You son of a b****...

:oops: ...wait, that's not really much of an insult around here, is it? :P Hmph.
My Werewolf Code!:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lasthowl wrote:Well, I can think of a few celebrities I'd like to see get some hair of the dog that bit them...
Heh. I can think of a few celebrities I'd like to see as werewolves myself, but I think naming a bunch of celebrities and specifying them to be werewolves would be delving a little too deep into the M.I.B. theme.

Not that I wouldn't mind a cameo appearance by Meatloaf. It just wouldn't seem appropriate in Devoured.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote::x You son of a b****...

:oops: ...wait, that's not really much of an insult around here, is it? :P Hmph.
:lol:
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I'd love if Nicole Kidman were a werewolf in real life.

Then again, I did a fun little photomanip of that which turned out nicely :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Hah! When anyone tells you that, ask, "What species?"

It would definetly change society. There's one problem, that's really major, and that isslaughter. We humans tend to kil what we fear, and won't accept surrender from it. Thatr, and mostreligions would probably say WWolves are unclean and sinful and all of that stoofo.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Oh God, I just connected...

A werewolf involved in PeTA! A vegan werewolf!! :roflmao:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i just thought of some thing what about a werewolf comedian? i don't know why i thought of that. personaly i can't see a werewolf doing stand up.

sorry i just had to say it
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Vrikasatma wrote:Oh God, I just connected...

A werewolf involved in PeTA! A vegan werewolf!! :roflmao:
that kinda funny but i don't see a werewolf being a vegain since they are carinivors
THE GAME

My Armory