Excuse for Absence

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Excuse for Absence

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm just posting this, so that there is no confusion as to where I am at, or why I got so quiet.

I'm going to FT Benning for a month, followed by a bunch of leave, and probably won't be back until March or so. It's PLDC (for those of you that were Army), followed by a little tour of interviews and other fun stuff with a few companies in the NW (PRWeb, Weed Inc(?), and CD Baby) and and and. It's gonna be busy, and when I get back I'll be playing catch-up on lots of projects.

Stay safe, stay out of the desert, and most of all, eat meat! :D
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Thats Army life for ya.

See you soon.

hwlwnk
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

No kidding there. I'll be back.

I think moving to Signal from a logistics/admin kinda guy was a good move, I might actually get picked up for Sergeant in the near future!

Take care everyone. :D
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oddly enough, I'm most of the way through the course, and will be back in a couple weeks or so, and I must say, "My, how this place has changed."

Anyhow, best regards to all... I'm going into my last week of Hell Month. Yay me.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

good luck with the training.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Aha! I graduated finally!

A few things learned from the course:

Never think that things can't get worse - that beautiful ice storm Georgia had several days ago had me outside with my weapon, getting my back frozen while pulling security - ensuring that other platoons didn't do a night attack. Exactly how my company pulled through that night without a single cold-weather injury was due to good planning, if nothing else.

Never think that being in charge of 55 people is a challenge. Delegate and follow up.

Never, ever, give up.

Last but not least, I graduated with a 97% GPA for the course. Yes, there was a day that I was a screw off. It lasted about one day, too. Thanks for the moral support.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Baphnedia wrote:Aha! I graduated finally!

A few things learned from the course:

Never think that things can't get worse - that beautiful ice storm Georgia had several days ago had me outside with my weapon, getting my back frozen while pulling security - ensuring that other platoons didn't do a night attack. Exactly how my company pulled through that night without a single cold-weather injury was due to good planning, if nothing else.

Never think that being in charge of 55 people is a challenge. Delegate and follow up.

Never, ever, give up.

Last but not least, I graduated with a 97% GPA for the course. Yes, there was a day that I was a screw off. It lasted about one day, too. Thanks for the moral support.

I remember how it was like when I was basic training in Fort Dix, New Jersy. Picked the wrong time to go. (January) There was a time where everything froze. We were out on the field that day. My overshoes broke when I tried to put them on!! It was frozen solid!! Some of the guys suffered frost bite. One slipped on ice. Man, it was terrible. I'm just glad its over with.

N E who, congrats on graduating!! :D

Figarou