Adrenaline fueled change

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Drake Arrokh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Adrenaline fueled change

Post by Drake Arrokh »

Okay, just tossing a topic into the air (sorry if it's laready been discussed) we've all seen the movies where the transfomations suddenly go from like 30sec-!min to like 2-1/2sec :shift: .
Do you'll think that a transformation CAN be speeded up by adrenaline or do you think that it's probably already preasent in the body due to the change and that the transformation suddenly speeding up would be due to something else? And if so what?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

If the transformation speeded it would probably be due to more of a presence of whatever forced the change. Perhaps it was really fast due to the fact that it was invoulintary, or mabye it was because the WWolf wanted to change fast. :shift:
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

I think there would already be adrenaline pumping through your veins, and indeed I think it would be a precurser to a change. You get that rush, and then you start changing. However, if you are frightened, or on the hunt, then yeah that might trigger a shift, but I dunno if it would trigger a quicker change. I DO think, however, that werewolves should have the ability to force their change to happen quickly, like in less than five seconds, but they would have to pay the price for that shift later. Perhaps they are weaker when they change back, or they are wracked with bodily pain, etc.
Last edited by Goldenwolf on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

The quicker change would most likely be alot more painful, but charged with a sort of joy, as well.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadowblaze wrote:The quicker change would most likely be alot more painful, but charged with a sort of joy, as well.
"That's the 5th time you've smashed your pelvis: Why in the heln do you keep smiling like that?"
"My health insurance is paid up, and I have a new prescription of valium to break in!"
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

another thought

Post by Mitternacht »

I really dont see something as complex as changing forms to be somethign that simply goes *POOF* done. I do, however think, that , yes the process could be forced if necessary.

As far as good story telling goes, it coudl be a leap of faith sort of change. Force it and pray something doesnt get irevocable screwed up, like forceing it when you are terrifyed. Might get the job done , but you might end up getting stuck or warped beyond recognition as Wolf or Human. Better to let things happen at their own pace.

Additinally, the drawback to a fast change woudl be an additional exertion that woudl drain you a bit....kind of like a hang over.

-Mitty
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I think increased adrenaline would be attributed more as a cause of the shift itself. The time it takes a werewolf to shift would probably depend more on the werewolf's will to shift, and the werewolf's experience in shifting.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Ok, I'm not sure about this. The human body can get an adrenaline rush at desperate times. When the rush is over, you start to feel a little bit sick from the rush.

Werewolves may need a small amount to shift. A rush maybe be needed for added strength at a desperate time. Not sure if you need lots of adrenaline for a fast shift.

Say for example a tree log falls on your loved one. Thats when an adrenaline rush could occur. You rush over there and use the extra strength to try and save her. Not sure what could happen to the werewolf when the rush is over.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

You'd probably feel tired and achy, since if you did something you couldn't noramlly do, you would probably end up all hurtie afterwards form pulling muscles or something.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

As an experienced user of adrenaline (I get shot at for a living), there are times so desperate that an adrenaline 'high' can be maintained unintentionally for a long period of time. I wouldn't say that the adrenaline rush would be the cause for muscle strain, but have the following opinion:

We've identified several types of changes, intentional, unintentional, faster and slower. The intentional changes may require concious effort, and negative effects of distractors on the deliberate, slow change might include injury, drugs, extreme hunger or thirst, etc.

The fast, 'deliberate' change would likely be reactionary, almost like the reaction of someone with Teret's Syndrome - that you might get every few seconds. The reaction I'm trying to describe is like reflex, or a flinch - except once it's started, it takes a few seconds to follow all the way through. It is not the individuals' choice to change - but the change is coming from the individual, caused by instinct.

I feel that unintentional changes should be considered as outside forces acting upon the individual - not whether the individual consents to the change. Seeing the full moon, for example, could trigger a slow change, and the wolf would have nothing they could do to stop it.

As far as pulling muscle or anything, I think changing is so intrinsic to the wolf's being that deforming onesself during a change could only be induced by injury, drugs, or other external effects upon the body during the time of changing. If the ability to change fast was left partially to the skill of the wolf, then it would be plausible that there are deformed wolves out there, in the wildnerness, or in public, that tried to change fast - too early.

Adrenaline as a precursor to a change might be well described as a 'high' instead of a 'rush'. The reason being, if all the adrenaline were to be used up in the change, then the wolf would not be able to do the superhuman tasks ahead that may have caused a change to happen in the first place, leaving him out of breath at the end of a change.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

My personal opinion is that Adrenaline is a major factor. Although, it when used in conjunction to experience that can make a change fast. Those that have workd out that 'shifting muscle' over years, can utilize a faster change if they can get worked up enough.

Similarly as there are those that get endorphine rushes from working out 5 minutes, and those that have to work out for hours to get a smiliar rush.

I think there might be a few werewolves out there, that have that ability to make a fast shift, have actually trained for it. It takes practice to control power.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:My personal opinion is that Adrenaline is a major factor. Although, it when used in conjunction to experience that can make a change fast. Those that have workd out that 'shifting muscle' over years, can utilize a faster change if they can get worked up enough.

Similarly as there are those that get endorphine rushes from working out 5 minutes, and those that have to work out for hours to get a smiliar rush.

I think there might be a few werewolves out there, that have that ability to make a fast shift, have actually trained for it. It takes practice to control power.

*raises one eyebrow* Fascinating

:duckie
Suho Wolf
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Adrenaline fueled change

Post by Suho Wolf »

Frankly, I think the adrenaline would be present in every change. Hard to imagine a human body contorting in seconds. Sounds more like the incredible Hulk.

I think the adrenaline is part of what accounts for the sudden bulking up of the major muscle groups in most werewolves we see.

Hey, here's a thought. What if the Hulk was bitten by a werewolf?

-Suho
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Adrenaline fueled change

Post by Figarou »

Suho Wolf wrote:Frankly, I think the adrenaline would be present in every change. Hard to imagine a human body contorting in seconds. Sounds more like the incredible Hulk.

I think the adrenaline is part of what accounts for the sudden bulking up of the major muscle groups in most werewolves we see.

Hey, here's a thought. What if the Hulk was bitten by a werewolf?

-Suho
Then we would have a green werewolf. :D
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

A REALLY BIG green werewolf.

With funny purple shorts.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+