AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Alpha Wolf

Hurricane!! Gah!!

Post by AlphaOokami »

The hurricane's comin'!!! :scream:

If I evacuate, which seems likely, I may not be on for a long time. :(

Not that many of you care, but, you know, just in case...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I care, that means valubal oppinions can not be said in which the flow of the mob may change around.(its a good thing) :(

Wait you'll be in GA right yay a neighbor finally :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

How can you say that we don't care? This is a community, and as such we do care about each other even if we don’t always show it. Sure we have our disagreements and even fights, but afterwards, both parties involved always apologize and get over it. Take care if you do evacuate and come back safe. :mourn:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Dang, I know people who live in Florida.... far too many Hurricanes, their neighbors boat with a lot of expensive equipment was tossed into the sea.

Good luck and be safe.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

OF COURSE WE CARE!!!

*ahem* Be safe and take care.
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Of course we care. I've never been in the USA. And until I entered into this forum I haven't even one contact to an american citizan. And so I never took care if anything happened in the USA. But all this changed since I subscribed here. I've read your postings, I've had discussions with you. And so there is a kind of a little feeling of familiarity. And so I take care of you and hope it will end fine for you.
I've seen the terrible pictures of New Orleans and I hope that this won't happen again.

So good luck and hopefully see you again shortly, AlphaOokami
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I was actually supposed to visit my friend in Miami this weekend, but now I have to eat my nonrefundable ticket because I'm not risking life and limb for a hurricane. I picked the absolute worst weekend in the entire year to visit Florida (that's a 1 out of 52 chance!). Maybe I should play the lotto. As the immortal Fred Flintstone once said: "Will-maaaaa!!!"
Bill: "I'm looking for my wife."
Marsha: "....Why?"
--"The Howling"
AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by AlphaOokami »

Awww, thanks guys. :D

But it looks like the hurricane is weakening, so I probably won't leave.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Not leaving is good thing. :D

Too many bloody hurricanes going around. Mother Nature's getting a bit repetative. :P
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

good luck in whatever you finnaly decide to do
Aki wrote: Too many bloody hurricanes going around. Mother Nature's getting a bit repetative. :P
"i don't like the sound of it Jet... i don't like it at all"

something's up... or are thing's normaly like this? (what with the hurricanes getting stronger and stronger)
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by AlphaOokami »

Nope. This year alone, we've set the record for most hurricanes, the record for the most major hurricanes, the record for the 4th strongest storm, 2nd strongest storm, and THE strongest hurricane in recorded history. I tell ya, something's up, like you said.

:(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:P Ummm hey! I LIVE IN FLORIDA TOO!!!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

AlphaOokami wrote:Nope. This year alone, we've set the record for most hurricanes, the record for the most major hurricanes, the record for the 4th strongest storm, 2nd strongest storm, and THE strongest hurricane in recorded history. I tell ya, something's up, like you said.

:(
hmm... seems like earth is setting up for some 'day after tommorow' stuff, but i'm not a climatologist or anything like that so i don't know. thoughts?
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Darum wrote:something's up... or are thing's normaly like this? (what with the hurricanes getting stronger and stronger)
There are several cycles in the atlantic that govern the strength of hurricanes, and this yeare we hit the maximum of at least one, possibly more.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by AlphaOokami »

Yeah, but even so, it hasn't been this bad, ever.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

down shadow, down boy! :lol:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

This amazing climate change is nothing more than the sea temp rising a couple degrees. I don't like hurricanes but we need to let nature play it's role. The earth alone produces enough CO2 to raise the temp. Also the gulf of mexico is sorrounded bt land on 3 sides so it will take a bit longer to cool down.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

AlphaOokami, be safe, I have been watching this hurricane develop for days, it's hovering in Cancun right now. These hurricanes are so horrible this year.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah everybody forgets about me. Shes not the only one that lives in florida.... Me and Crimson live here too.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Yeah everybody forgets about me. Shes not the only one that lives in florida.... Me and Crimson live here too.
we didn't forget about you! we just never said anything about you!
so, what do you plan to do? i'd move.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im staying here to fight!!! no mother nature is gonna threaten me out of my house!! No sir... does she even have any idea whos shes messing with!?! 8)
Image Image
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Im staying here to fight!!! no mother nature is gonna threaten me out of my house!! No sir... does she even have any idea whos shes messing with!?! 8)
i don't think so... but i'd guess max payne?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You bet your a** she is!!!

:evil: Image
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

When in doubt about nature's ferocity, take a tip from the local wildlife. Do what they're doing. If they're boogin', pack your bags and hop on the gravy train.

We haven't been keeping scientific records for very long, in comparison to the planet (or even the species). How do we know what the weather patterns were like 1000 years ago? Take a look at Krakatau; that blew in the 1700s and literally blew its own island apart. A pumice fragment of the island, with tigers, palm trees, monkeys, birds, et alia, floated across the Indian Ocean and collided with Africa's east coast. Makes Mt. Pinatubo look like a fussy toddler.

H'mm...methinks therein lieth a story seed... :read2:
ImageImageImageImage
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Last edited by Curan on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?