Black and White 2

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Akela wrote:I prefer strategy games more, they are more intellectual and I get to watch mass killing :wink:
yay for virtual mass killing! :lol:
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Darum wrote:
Akela wrote:I prefer strategy games more, they are more intellectual and I get to watch mass killing :wink:
yay for virtual mass killing! :lol:
Me + Boredom =Image
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I got it and I am very pleased with the changes they have made. I got a wolf (of course) and can actualy tell now that the things I am doig are good or bad. (pulling up trees and taking recorces from the supply center count as evil) I also enjoy being able to lay out my city and make it as impressive as possible so it will convert people without having to got capture their village. Another good thing is your creature asks if he should do things often, or not so much, or not at all. I trained my wolf to be good and only kill invading armys, so I now have a nice good white wolf. If you liked the first one, I would sugest you get this one. It is a blast. (if you like that kinda game)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Petard wrote:I got it and I am very pleased with the changes they have made. I got a wolf (of course) and can actualy tell now that the things I am doig are good or bad. (pulling up trees and taking recorces from the supply center count as evil) I also enjoy being able to lay out my city and make it as impressive as possible so it will convert people without having to got capture their village. Another good thing is your creature asks if he should do things often, or not so much, or not at all. I trained my wolf to be good and only kill invading armys, so I now have a nice good white wolf. If you liked the first one, I would sugest you get this one. It is a blast. (if you like that kinda game)
Yeah, games like this are more my style than shoot and kill games. I'll have to get this eventually. It occured to me that I like games where I am God. I like roller coaster tycoon, sims, b&w, and other such games in which I watch the action and command it from above. Weird.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

... oh, can anyone tyell me how on earth or whatever plaent they use i can get a skirmish game? i can't gifure out how to. B&W 1 have the skirmish option which was fun...
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

There is no skirmish. It's supposed to come out later in a patch but I've lost a lot of faith in Lionhead, BW2 should have been much more than it was, I feel more like a mayor than a god.

Meh... BW2 is OK but I went back to the Dawn Of War after about three days.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

did you get winter assault? I bought it when I got B&W2 and I have to say the baneblade=teh shiz
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Yes, I've had it since the day it came out. The Baneblade is all bark and no bite, the Steel Legion Stormblade is better.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I would lean more towards trusting the box.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah, the box knows how the game runs. but check on websites about the stress peformance so that way you can get good hardware without going broke.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Anyone remember that glitch in the original B&W that allowed you to have infinite food for your people? That was so cool!! :lol:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Oh, that glitch. If I remember correctly you would take food and then rapidly right click on the store house repeatedly.

I really liked how the influence ring increased with the rising population. Nothing like that in BW2, it's limited to the area around structures. Seriously, what's the point of a Volacano miracle if you can only use it in you own city?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

it also has to do with popultion and impressivenss. ;)
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

I've played B&W2 some, and SOMETHING scales up the influence around structures other than the structures themselves.
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Is there a sample video of how this game is played? I like to see the wolf in action. :)
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Here you go Fig http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/bla ... 0white%202
Ralith Lupus wrote:I've played B&W2 some, and SOMETHING scales up the influence around structures other than the structures themselves.
Not enough to make a difference. You can't get nearly enough to cast into enemy territory.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

thanks....now to see what this game is like. :pacwolf:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I might get the game once it lows down in price sesne I have a much better computer now.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

sooo.. for any of you that hAVE B&W2, where are you?

i'm on the 6th island-about 3,000 impressiveness from winning the land. that translates to about 15 or 30 minutes of gameplay. where are you?
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

7th land at the very begining and I still don't have any wonders :P . you can cast epics within the area of influence around your soldiers. Also land six ruined my wolf. He started at 40% good and finished at 28% evil. Stupid people sending their non-stop attacks. (even after I built walls)
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

I'm on the 2nd japenese land, I can't beat it because enemy soldiers walk right through my walls.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

you have to build the walls, you know...

akella: that's what fireball miracles are for. ;
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Not quite, I have built solid stone walls and they walk right through them, just as a ghost goes through a solid wall.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

alright, lat night i beat the game.

[spoiler]after beating it, i got the movie with the aztec god. weird, huh? but wtf? i got catapulted back to level three1 i kep my creture and tribute, but... wtf?[/spoiler]