Muscles

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

How muscle-y should a werewolf be?

Were on steroids. Govinator wolf.
3%
Lots of muscles but not to a bodybuilder's extreme.
24%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
65%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
5%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
2%

Total votes: 92

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote:How about:

Only slightly more muscular, but a great deal stronger. (More potent)

I still think that their strength should match their musculature, but that's just me. Honestly, as long as they look pretty cool I'll be satisfied.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Bulk has nothing to do with strength. Bulk is just that: bulk. I'm stronger than the football players at my high school, and almost everyone I know for that matter, but I sure don't look it. I'm not muscle bound. I'm chubby.

I remember seeing a tv program about strength competitions. There was this one guy, fat dude, not one you'd think would be that strong from the way he looked. He lifted 200 pounds up and over his head. He was one of the top competitors in the competition.

I think my point has been made. And if you still doubt me, come see me and I'll arm wrestle ya. :P
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Reilune wrote:Bulk has nothing to do with strength. Bulk is just that: bulk. I'm stronger than the football players at my high school, and almost everyone I know for that matter, but I sure don't look it. I'm not muscle bound. I'm chubby.

I remember seeing a tv program about strength competitions. There was this one guy, fat dude, not one you'd think would be that strong from the way he looked. He lifted 200 pounds up and over his head. He was one of the top competitors in the competition.

I think my point has been made. And if you still doubt me, come see me and I'll arm wrestle ya. :P
I do not doubt you. In fact, I know what you're talking about, I'm much stronger than I look too.

It's just my personal preference. I like really strong werewolves who look really strong. But it doesn't matter to me that much, I pretty much like werewolves no matter what they look like.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

ok ms. know it all, why dont you tell the whole class where the extra bones mass come from, how does the skull strectch. A werewolf doesnt need degirated legs or a real long snout in order to take on an opponent. and plus if it doesnt grow muscles then you can kiss your little tail theory good buy cause the tail is a muscle.. Why shouldnt a werewolf is able show off its strenght with looks.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:ok mister know it all
ahem: miss

(This should be pretty good :lol: )
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok Ms.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

LoboLEO wrote:I'll sound as I'm repeating myself...but again, why couldnt we have a group of werewolves that could be fairly different between them?...some muscular average ...other less ..and other with more steroids...who knows, ..werewolves that are more skilled on agility and other strongers...and the same I think for height, fur patterns and physical characterisitcs...

I do agree with the 3 alternative for "the ideal werewolf", but about a pack I like seeing diferent kind of beings...

Mmh I think I made myself clear ...I hope. :howl:  :oo

Yes, I totally agree with that.

LoboLeo has already mentioned he doesn't want to see werewolf clones in another post. So why not have one that muscular. But don't over do it with the muscles.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I hate it when small nerds turn into a complete bodybuilder when transforming.

I chose 'Hardly any visible muscles, but not scrawny.', because werewolves are stronger anyway, because of his claws and fangs. You don't need extra muscles with that.
Last edited by Morkulv on Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

yeah that does look mest up, but they should gain some persentage of muscle while in WF form, like mabey 20%
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote:
LoboLEO wrote:I'll sound as I'm repeating myself...but again, why couldnt we have a group of werewolves that could be fairly different between them?...some muscular average ...other less ..and other with more steroids...who knows, ..werewolves that are more skilled on agility and other strongers...and the same I think for height, fur patterns and physical characterisitcs...

I do agree with the 3 alternative for "the ideal werewolf", but about a pack I like seeing diferent kind of beings...

Mmh I think I made myself clear ...I hope. :howl:  :oo

Yes, I totally agree with that.

LoboLeo has already mentioned he doesn't want to see werewolf clones in another post. So why not have one thats muscular. But don't over do it with the muscles.
I can see where that would work. Some could be uber muscly, others relatively unmuscular, and many in between. Varying fur patterns and different physical characteristics would be fun too.

One thing I don't want to see is skin. Variety is cool, but I think every werewolf should be furry enough to cover the skin.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I kinda like them having some skin showing, it makes them look a bit sexy if you know where to take the hairs out, this one of the reason why I like underworld werewolf.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Excelsia wrote:One thing I don't want to see is skin. Variety is cool, but I think every werewolf should be furry enough to cover the skin.
Yeah, wolves are really furry. Werewolves should be pretty furry too.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

WolvenOne wrote:Bald with long skinny bone-like arms.... although that sort of werewolf makes you feel sorry for em, they look more like giant were-Chiwawa's. I imagine one and half expect to hear it plug Taco-Bell.

Come now, chihuahuas aren't bald and skinny. Just small.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I kinda like them having some skin showing, it makes them look a bit sexy if you know where to take the hairs out, this one of the reason why I like underworld werewolf.
Hmm, I don't understand the 'sexy' part, but I do understand that it makes it look a bit more realistic. A complete fur-covered werewolf looks a bit fake IMO. I don't say they should be hairless, but some thin hair should be cool.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I kinda like them having some skin showing, it makes them look a bit sexy if you know where to take the hairs out, this one of the reason why I like underworld werewolf.
Hmm, I don't understand the 'sexy' part, but I do understand that it makes it look a bit more realistic. A complete fur-covered werewolf looks a bit fake IMO. I don't say they should be hairless, but some thin hair should be cool.
Well, they will be using costumes in Freeborn. It won't be 100% CGI.
That costume will determine if its real looking or fake.

You could see a "baggy pants" look if not worn properly.

As for the fur....I need to see something from Tim Albee before I make my decision.
werewolf12321

werewolf muscles

Post by werewolf12321 »

I think that they should be like maglot's art
http://www.maglot.com/extra/trans/trans11.php
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: werewolf muscles

Post by Renorei »

werewolf12321 wrote:I think that they should be like maglot's art
http://www.maglot.com/extra/trans/trans11.php
hmm...Maglot is very talented, but that's not exactly what I think a werewolf should look like. Nonetheless, very cool.
Last edited by Renorei on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

http://www.drakkolupen.com/gallery/gall ... 1171345021

This is about what I'd think the average werewolf would look like, in terms of muscles. Let's just say that this was an average sized guy before the TF. He's gotten bigger and more muscly, but not extremely so.

EDIT: I kinds like lean lower bodies with bulkier (though not necessarily bulky) upper bodies. It's appealing to the eye. :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I'm still going to wait for Tim Albee's representation of the werewolf. He is the art director. I think he already knows whats to do.

I also have the feeling we are going to see something like ABrownrigg's teaser movie poster instead of a hand drawn sktech.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote:I'm still going to wait for Tim Albee's representation of the werewolf. He is the art director. I think he already knows whats to do.

I also have the feeling we are going to see something like ABrownrigg's teaser movie poster instead of a hand drawn sktech.

I am definitely looking forward to Tim Albee's werewolf...but it's taking so long. :( I hope he gets done with it sometime soon.

(I'm a very impatient person)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I agree a lot with LoboLeo. I'd like to see a bunch of different kinds of wws. Like, some are faster than others, one is more muscular, another is a bit on the scrawny side :D Makes things more interesting. And it would be easier to tell the WWs apart(ex-that muscular guy with the black hair must be that WW with the black fur and big muscles) :)

I cant wait to see some Freeborn werewolf designs as well! :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
Figarou wrote:I'm still going to wait for Tim Albee's representation of the werewolf. He is the art director. I think he already knows whats to do.

I am definitely looking forward to Tim Albee's werewolf...but it's taking so long. :( I hope he gets done with it sometime soon.

(I'm a very impatient person)
Well, we must be patient and wait. What if ABrownrigg says the movie will be delayed? We need to be prepared for that. Freeborn is competing with several other werewolf films in 2006.

Will Freeborn open the doors to a new type of werewolf film? Or is it one of the other werewolf films that'll do it? Who knows what Underworld Revolution will be like. Sure, the werewolves may not suit our tastes. But the story line may catch everyones attention.

Lets be patient and let ABrownrigg do what he needs to do. :D
KnownToBite
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Beta Female of The C-Oney Wolf Pack

Post by KnownToBite »

I agree with the Goldenwolf... wolves have more muscles on their body versus a human because of how they are built and how they bring down their prey so I feel a mix would have more muscles than in their human form.
Jasmine Isis
Beta Female to The Real Life C-Oney Wolf Pack
Mate to Syn Kardis
Mother to 2 beautiful kids - Damien Marcus and Scarlette Eden
Mother to 2 beautiful wolves - Isis(f mexican red) and Osiris(m timberwolf)
Mother to a beautiful red fox kit - Pyro
Bay-of-sorrows
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: confused Werewolf

Post by Bay-of-sorrows »

one minor thing that bothers me is the really big buff werewolves, you know the ones.. that look like they have a tank as their upper body ...yea.... well anyway... i think it should be more like my little kitsune friend here...where the mucle isnt huge... but rather really dense and well toned Image
If wolves were meant to run free, than why am i caged?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

To me, that picture would only be what a really really skinny person would look like as a werewolf. For the average person, I'd say they'd be musclier than that. Also, for aesthetic reasons, I think that the Freeborn werewolves' thighs should be a little less...huge. Great picture, though! :D