New members.

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
10thManDown
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: AI/Genetic Engineer

Post by 10thManDown »

Aki wrote:Might want to grab a copy of that glitchy version though, stick 'em in some darts, and grab a dart-gun.

Perfect weapon if stealing the completed version gets...messy.

Heh, I really don't want to handle that virus too badly. On slip/prick and I'm done for. Plus all your taxpayers' money also goes into weapon development. :wink:

Plasma rifle any one? :D

I'm just here at the lab, pulling an all-nighter. Were currently creating a new batch of virus, its takes about 7 hours to configure the virus. Programming and replicating nano-biotech organisms takes a huge amount of work as you can imagine.
:splinterwolf:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Welcome to the pack and when yall get that completed, I will give you my bank account number in exchange for some :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

10thmandown: Jusdging by your avatar you chose the ending where you bond with the A.I. in Dues Ex.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:10thmandown: Jusdging by your avatar you chose the ending where you bond with the A.I. in Dues Ex.
What Deus Ex

As in Deus Ex Machina?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its a game that mix RPG elements with a shooting game, I only have the first one for the ps2.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

10thManDown: I'm sure you'll understand my reluctance to take you seriously. Admittedly, what you've described is very similar to how I imagine this sort of technology being eventually developed, but if you don't mind my asking, why werewolves? Why not just go for something simpler like increased strength, metabolic efficiency, healing, etc? Also, why would our (admittedly often idiotic) government build a secret research lab underneath a major city, where there'd be much greater risk of discovery? How could you get away with posting info like this when traffic through the network of such a place would surely be carefully monitored for leaks?

Don't get me wrong; I'd be ecstatic if you proved your sincerity, and admittedly, even if you are faking, you've done your research, which is more than can be said for the rest of the sort of faker you see in a place like this on occasion.

Anyway, I guess what I really want to do here is ask you to do your best to make me believe you. I would LOVE to be able to believe you. I just don't think I can.
Sanity is relative.
10thManDown
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: AI/Genetic Engineer

Post by 10thManDown »

Shadow: Yes, that was my favorite ending by far....

Fenrir: Yes, the game's name is derived from "Deus Ex Machina"
Ralith Lupus wrote:10thManDown: I'm sure you'll understand my reluctance to take you seriously. Admittedly, what you've described is very similar to how I imagine this sort of technology being eventually developed, but if you don't mind my asking, why werewolves? Why not just go for something simpler like increased strength, metabolic efficiency, healing, etc? Also, why would our (admittedly often idiotic) government build a secret research lab underneath a major city, where there'd be much greater risk of discovery? How could you get away with posting info like this when traffic through the network of such a place would surely be carefully monitored for leaks?

Don't get me wrong; I'd be ecstatic if you proved your sincerity, and admittedly, even if you are faking, you've done your research, which is more than can be said for the rest of the sort of faker you see in a place like this on occasion.

Anyway, I guess what I really want to do here is ask you to do your best to make me believe you. I would LOVE to be able to believe you. I just don't think I can.
I'm glad you've giving me this chance to explain. It all does seem rather...extravagant.

Why werewolves? Think about it. Legends about such creatures have instilled fear into humanity for centuries. Now lets say you were an enemy soldier, and you were to see a fearsome werewolf, like shown by Hollywood. What are you going to think?

Now the earlier stages of the project, we did attempt to just increase human performance. With nanotech, and yes, the idea did actually come from the game Deus Ex. Absurd? We think its absolute genius. However the more advance tests with the nanotech proved to be overall successful. The nano-machines actually eroded away tissue, causing sever internal bleeding within minutes. So to salvage what of the billion-dollar project we could, we decided to enhance the nanotech to also make the body able to handle such performance enhancement. As soon as this was decided, we were brought an interesting sample from "51". A sample of nanotech-enhanced lupin DNA. Our boss told us to "Make a werewolf." After the initial disbelief wore off, we began to work.

Now about Area 58's location. We are located in the "basement" of a colossal office building. So we are not that much of a "sore thumb". We get all of power from a highly-sophisticated nuclear power system. I'm guessing its fusion, but Im not entrusted with a lot of that sort of information. All our data and computer networking is monitored and directed by an AI of my design. This ensures that data cant be leaked out though electronic means. Also all employees are kept in the dark about all other departments, and "projects." What little extra info I know I've collected via my AI. They are still hard-wired to be loyal to me. Its all sorta....fantastic I know. But its true, I don't have any hard evidence to prove anything. Its risky enough just revealing this information on a forum. I'm not too concerned though. Not when my most loyal AI controls the facilities data-leak monitoring...

Really fantastic I know...but there's the truth...

Oh how Im I leaking this data? I control the AI remember?
:splinterwolf:
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Hrm. If nothing else, you certainly have planned ahead and done your research, and among other things your ability to actually write proper english, among other things, sets you apart from the hordes of fakers. Also, completely contrary to expectation, you actually had a good excuse for being in a place as unlikely as NYC. It is awfully convenient that you can't safely get out more significant proof, but that's tempered by the fact that I brought it up myself. I've always beleived the government had technology at least slightly more advanced than that available to the consumer, but your claims are quite something...

The psychological warfare aspect of werewolves is quite a good excuse, especially given the sort of conditions a military werewolf would likely operate under.

Now that I've bolstered your ego, time for some more questions:
* What, exactly, do you mean by nano-enhanced when you mention "nano-enhanced lupine DNA"?
* Are you attempting to create a werewolf that could shift at will, or one in a permanent halfway form?
* Will the strain remain in bodily fluids after use, thus making it contagious, or would it die out/be removed? Or would it be contagious by bite for some other reason?
* Would I be correct in assuming that permanent accelerated healing, and possibly full scale regeneration, would be an aspect of the 'making the body more able to deal with the changes'?
* How do you plan to get away with using the strain on yourself once it's perfected? I doubt you'd enjoy being a test subject, as you would likely become if you wanted to do it through the proper channels, and I'd be surprised if your research time would want to risk losing a member with expertise in areas that aren't supposed to exist, and thus hard to replace.
* More to satisfy my own hopefulness: Do you plan on going public with this once it's perfected?
* How do you suppose the subject's brain would react upon gaining a new limb (tail) and enhanced smell/hearing? I'd think that it'd be quite hard to deal with...
* Describe in as much detail as you can the basic structure common to all amino acids. (A test, really; just answer it, and if it checks, you get that much more credibility. Don't worry about being incomprehensible to nonscientific types; I can look up jargon, and am moderately familliar with the area already. Enough, I think, to be able to recognize someone BSing their way through. So be as detailed as you can, please.)

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think up more later. Thanks for actually answering the questions instead of evading them :P

I'm not going to dwell long on the morality of test subjects (although I am supportive of using those sentanced to capital punishment for scientific/medical testing); it's not like someone in your position could do anything about it even if you cared to disrupt the research to such an extent.

Last of all, if you really are sincere, best of luck to you and your research team! May your funding never cease. :wink: Just do your best to make sure that all us wannabe-werewolves will have access to this within our lifetimes, ok?

[edit: elaborated on some questions]
[edit2]
Wait a moment. Why do you have a birthdate that indicates you being 15 or 16?
[edit3]
Convenient that you've suddenly stopped posting.
Sanity is relative.
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

Hmmm. Army branded werewolves...that happened ages ago. Long before Rome was a mere twinkle. And top secret locations, well, they have other uses. I am surprised that the FBI has allowed you to go so far disclosing information. *tisk* But then the other branch has prolly been awakened to the knowledge of your careless use of information, and is watching very closely. :|
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

10thManDown wrote:I'm 10thManDown. I work at the secret government research facility, Area <b>58</b> on what is known as Project Moonlight. Im working to try and develop a nanotechnologically created strain of Lycanthropy. For what purpose? Military Special-Ops of course, what else!?

Anyways I look forward to interacting with you duck-throwers, and partake in the duck-throwing myself. :Duckietoss:

I also plan on stealing the strain when its completed and turning myself into a full-fledged werewolf! :shift:
Welcome to the pack 10thManDown.

Your story you offer us is pretty nice. But I think it has more in common with science fiction as with a true occurence. But I'm curiously looking forward to read your answers of those questions Ralith Lupus has placed here. 8)
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Curan wrote:
Welcome to the pack 10thManDown.

Your story you offer us is pretty nice. But I think it has more in common with science fiction as with a true occurence. But I'm curiously looking forward to read your answers of those questions Ralith Lupus has placed here. 8)
Its science fiction. :D
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Figures, he runs away when I ask something about actual genetics. I fall for this sort of thing far too easily; perhaps I'm just too hopeful :P
Sanity is relative.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Eh, nothing wrong with hopeing, right?
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

maybe he is researching genetics or has been found and delt with *shivers* :meat:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Or maybe my amino acids question scared him off.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Or maybe my amino acids question scared him off.
Hmm, it's not that hard of a question either.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Ralith Lupus wrote:Or maybe my amino acids question scared him off.
Hmm, it's not that hard of a question either.
Its is to him.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

He has a computer with google.
Ralith Lupus wrote:[edit2]
Wait a moment. Why do you have a birthdate that indicates you being 15 or 16?
[edit3]
Convenient that you've suddenly stopped posting.
IIRC, in an earlier version of his profile, he was the test subject.
dead_moon's_empress
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Dead Empress of the Moon

Post by dead_moon's_empress »

I'm dead_moon's_empress, that's the title of a book I've written. I like to write books about vampires, lycanthropes and fantasy. I love anime and manga and spend my spare time drawing, writing, reading, watching movies and playing my PS2.
Werewolf craze started a very long time ago but alas I don't remember how lol, I just stumbled across them in books because I have a huge love for canines. :D
Wandering through a forest for a picnic of blood
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Welcome to The Pack dead_moon's_empress!

Watch out for duckies :missed:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

dead_moon's_empress wrote:I'm dead_moon's_empress, that's the title of a book I've written. I like to write books about vampires, lycanthropes and fantasy. I love anime and manga and spend my spare time drawing, writing, reading, watching movies and playing my PS2.
Werewolf craze started a very long time ago but alas I don't remember how lol, I just stumbled across them in books because I have a huge love for canines. :D

:welcome: dead_moon's_empress :ducktoss3: :jester:
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Hello dead_moon's_empress and welcome to the pack :welcome:
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

hi... yet another storywriter :D i like stories :D
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Welcome to the pack. cant wait to see some of your stories (if you decide to post them that is) I like stories too timber. Especialy ones that havent been updated in 11 days :lol:
Crimson_Alchemist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ROUGE

Post by Crimson_Alchemist »

hi im new kind of.
I wil kill those who seek to kill me.