Non-wolf or human realated traits

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Do also note that being "inherently closer to Nature" doesn't always entail slavish adherence to the mindset of "kill or be killed."
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Aki: Even things like typing or using a remote, given practice, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Even with freshy-shifted sharp claws; it's not like keyboards and misc. other buttons are made of paper. Drawing and handwriting could be major challenges at first, but again, given practice I think they'd be nothing more than a little annoying at most.
Sanity is relative.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Aki: Even things like typing or using a remote, given practice, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Even with freshy-shifted sharp claws; it's not like keyboards and misc. other buttons are made of paper. Drawing and handwriting could be major challenges at first, but again, given practice I think they'd be nothing more than a little annoying at most.
Like what Edward Scissorhands had to go through?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Retractable claws:

Conceivable, through skilled shape-shifting, depending on how much control and fine-tuning a werewolf has. But, it should also be noted that claws in general, while present on wolves, aren't a major weapon. They use claws for things like digging, but when hunting prey, they use their teeth. Clawed hands as a weapon would be a property not native to either human or wolf, but emergent out of the fusion of the two.

Other features:

Shapeshifting implies a number of other abilities. Regeneration is a popular one, and recent science has suggested that it's not as implausible as we might first think--certainly less implausible than shapeshifting itself. One far less often mentioned, but one that I think could come up, would be the ability to alter one's facial features at least a little bit, perhaps being able to assume more than one, albeit similar-looking, human personalities. One might have a more stretched face with wider eyes, while the other looks more like, say, a person without lycanthropy. Additionally, hair length could be manipulated at will, since it has to be shed or retracted and then regrown with every shift.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Aki wrote:Karate Chop...or if you want to add insult to injury, do for the ever popular b****-slap! :lol:
I can just see it... a werewolf (probably female) has a hunter disarmed and cornered in an alleyway...

Hunter: "D-d-don't k-kill me..."

Werewolf: (toothy menacing grin) (paw raises up, claws shining in the dim moonlight)

Hunter: (cower, flinch)

Werewolf: (BITCHSLAP!)
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

See hunter go FLY!!
Fly, Hunter, Fly!
Fly, Fly, FLY!!! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Ink wrote: Heh. I'll agree

Disclaimer For My Sake: This in no way is trying to say werewolves are savage-bloodthirsty killers -- though they can play the part very well since nature, at times, knows the harshest of dishes to serve. It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say in a post. I'm used to writing small novels and thesis papers on stuff. Ignore me if you don't understand, or ask me to elaborate aside from the forums, I'm not here to spam..
I think you'll find a lot of people don't want their werewolves to really go too far beyond both man and wolf. It takes some of the romanticism out of it if they cannt equate everything abnormal about the person to the wolf instead (though there is another thread for thse who do).
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm