The Pack Edition DVD

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

The Pack Edition DVD

Post by Figarou »

Ok, I know I'm far ahead of the game, but I was thinking.

When DVDs come out, they have several versions. The regular version and then there is the "Special edition" You also have "Collector's edition," and "Ultimate edition."

When the Special edition DVD comes out for "Devoured" lets call it "The Pack edition" We could come up with some ideas on what to have on that DVD. I for one would like a high quality version of the film. (High bit rate) Something like a "Superbit" DVD.

What do you guys think?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I think it's a great idea...
Hmmmm...
"Platinum Pack Edition"?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Apokryltaros wrote:I think it's a great idea...
Hmmmm...
"Platinum Pack Edition"?
:hsup erf you sure about a platium version.... wouldn't be expensive? :wink:

Sounds like a good idea
*When you're down... howl*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lots of ideas can go into The Pack edition DVD. It could turn out to be a 3 DVD set!! :hsup

We could also have it come with a werewolf toy figure based on a werewolf character from the movie. Have it as an exclusive to the The Pack edition DVD. There is 2 ways to do this. (1)Have it included with the DVD. The price on the DVD would have to go up in order to do this. (2) Have a mail order coupon in the DVD to buy the toy figure.

Proceeds can go to the Wolf Park. OH!! Also have some info on Wolf Park on this DVD.

shhowl
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Good lord, you guys are way ahead of me.

I think the DVD 6.1 with special features, high bit rate three disc set should also come with a werewolf miniature from the film, actually two of them, so you can use them as bookends.

And for those that get the extra platinum super DVD Pack edition. They could get actual pieces of guts included in the package (i.e. pancreas, liver, etc)

Perhaps box seats to the superbowl.

Honestly though, I think I definitly want surround (6.1), and a high bit rate. I'm shooting for that. I'm not even going to approach special features yet. Maybe the special edition WILL be called "The Pack Edition". Anyone can buy it at 59.95. But if you have a pack member card, its only 24.99.

See, another good use for pack member cards.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Good lord, you guys are way ahead of me.
Better to stay ahead than fall behind. :wink:

ABrownrigg wrote:I think the DVD 6.1 with special features, high bit rate three disc set should also come with a werewolf miniature from the film, actually two of them, so you can use them as bookends.
Now why didn't I think of that. :duckie
ABrownrigg wrote:And for those that get the extra platinum super DVD Pack edition. They could get actual pieces of guts included in the package (i.e. pancreas, liver, etc)

lck
ABrownrigg wrote:Perhaps box seats to the superbowl.
Now we are getting somewhere!! :D
ABrownrigg wrote:Honestly though, I think I definitly want surround (6.1), and a high bit rate. I'm shooting for that.

Make sure its DTS ES discrete 6.1 :wink:
ABrownrigg wrote: Maybe the special edition WILL be called "The Pack Edition."
Hey, alright!! 8)
ABrownrigg wrote:Anyone can buy it at 59.95. But if you have a pack member card, its only 24.99.

Now you're talking!! 8)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

"Wait and see"~phoenix mod :lol:

I swear they just about copyrighted that. but seriously...
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I like the idea of getting a discount with the membership card... :D

I'll wait and see what they decide to put on the DVD when it comes time.....
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Like I said in my 1st post, its way to early to even think about a DVD. But its a good idea to have DVD contents on the mind while filming on the set. ABrownrigg could have a "Behind the scene" tour of the set. He could have someone follow him with a video camera explaining a few things. Thats if he is up to doing that.

Bloopers. If they are funny enough, he could put some of those on the DVD.

Werewolves. He could have a section on explaining this creature. Special effects, concept design, art design, visual effects, the works.

What we should try and do is put what is necessary on this "Pack Edition" We don't want to have things that'll just take up space and no cares to look at. Keep everything related to the movie.

Who knows, maybe this could be a like Director's cut edition. The scenes that was edited out can be placed back in the movie, or viewed seperately. Thats if the scene is worth having back in the film for the DVD.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

If extended/deleted scenes are placed back into the DVD version, I'd really love them to be like the Extended LOTR DVDs and put back into the actual movie in the right scenes so it's one complete movie instead of just "sticking" them seperately on the DVD somewhere.

I know that's alot more work though because it's like having to make the movie over again to get all the new music/scenes/etc right.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

I think the DVD 6.1 with special features, high bit rate three disc set should also come with a werewolf miniature from the film, actually two of them, so you can use them as bookends.

And for those that get the extra platinum super DVD Pack edition. They could get actual pieces of guts included in the package (i.e. pancreas, liver, etc)

Honestly though, I think I definitly want surround (6.1), and a high bit rate. I'm shooting for that. I'm not even going to approach special features yet. Maybe the special edition WILL be called "The Pack Edition". Anyone can buy it at 59.95. But if you have a pack member card, its only 24.99.

Speaking of miniatures, how about a statue or two and some action figures with playsets, good werewolf figures are more rare than good werewolf films..... :wink:

Of course we also want halloween masks, t-shirts, posters, comic books, a novel adaptation....ect.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

Speaking of miniatures, how about a statue or two and some action figures with playsets, good werewolf figures are more rare than good werewolf films..... :wink:

Of course we also want halloween masks, t-shirts, posters, comic books, a novel adaptation....ect.

:lol: Wow!! Lots of stuff you're asking already. :lol:

Who do you want to do the action figures? SOTA?
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

It's neverto early to start on merchandising and marketing..... :D

Palisades could do the statues, as for figures Sota could perhaps, but they would need to start way in advance, They are a bit slow about getting a product out. Perhaps Neca could do it ? For mass marketers maybe Hasbro but they would have to be told EXACTLY what you want.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Maybe the Pack edition could have something in the bonus features called "Meet the Duckies."

Or maybe for every pack member that auditioned, include their mug shots and auditions for laughs (see if you can hear the Aquateen theme playing in the back of mine). :lol:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Actually, Silver, Ed, and myself were kicking around doing a good section of the movie with sock puppets for the DVD. heheh.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

LOL, I'd love to see that! A big dramatic scene with fake, puppet tears :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

LOL. Any transformation scenes?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:LOL. Any transformation scenes?
Heh, I'd like to see how that can be done without having to put on a different sock puppet.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:LOL. Any transformation scenes?
Heh, I'd like to see how that can be done without having to put on a different sock puppet.
Probably the way Bryan changed in Dog Soldiers.

Although it'd be hilarious to see what the FX crew could do with that.

EDIT: Even better. Remember how it was supposed to be a direct-to-video before the Pack came along? When the budget was barely a fraction of what it is now?
Film a sock puppet scene and list it on the DVD as: "Devoured: The Early Version." :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Lamb chops for dinner!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I was about to say, sock puppets are about the quality of special effects of some of the turkey werewolf movies out there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Bah! Too flashy!!!..That doesnt even look like a real sock! It's so obvious its fake.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

It's the Muppet Show!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Also, too wolf-like. You spent too much time on it, getting it right.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:? And it's green. Why is it green?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Re: It's the Muppet Show!

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:Also, too wolf-like. You spent too much time on it, getting it right.
LOL! Actually, that was a random Google search -- it took me five seconds.
Should I have tried for three? :lol: