What's your hobby or job or what do you do for a living?

The place for anything at all...
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I'm currently studying to be a groom. (person who takes care of horses)

But, honestly... I don't think... scratch that, I KNOW that's not what I wanna do for living. I suppose I just wanted more time to consider my real plans for the future when I came to this school.

I'd like to be a vet, but I don't know if I have the fortitude to educate myself into one.
I'd like to make living with my art, but I'm afraid that turning a hobby into a job would take all the fun out of it.
And I also like the idea of working with my hands, but I still don't know what crafts I might turn my attention to.

*sigh* :(
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Lupin wrote:(I was too lazy to buy a real case for it.)
Hey! That's my job. :lol:

Um,

Work (etc): Right now I am just out of High School and work at a bottling plant/warehouse thing for a nasty health drink company called "Tahitian Noni." I plan to finish college soon and get a real job, or something.

Hobbies: PaintballingImage, SleepingImage, EatingImage, Making movies w/ friendsImage, messing around with computers and the internet Image, attempting to do werewolf art Image, and being obsessed with my music! Image
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

My hobbies are drawing, video games and talking on forums......but you already knew that. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:My hobbies are drawing, video games and talking on forums......but you already knew that. :D

actually, I didn't. :wink:

As for my hobby........Home theater!!! Yeah baby!!! :grinp: :crazy:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Lazywolf wrote:
Lupin wrote:(I was too lazy to buy a real case for it.)
Hey! That's my job. :lol:
Well, if it's any consolation, it was also 3AM when I decided the machine needed to be taken down and put in a case.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

An excess of parentheses

Post by Set »

No job. I'm a bum not finished with highschool who's currently still mooching off her mother and doesn't have even a driver's permit although I could get one.

Jobs I'd actually want: writer, computer programmer, video game design (I'm much better with characters than I am scenery, though), CGI animator, or something in movie special effects. (Pyrotechnician! Then I'd get to set things on fire and blow them up for a living!)

Hobbies: writing, graphic design (pictures mostly, I'm trying to learn computer modling), animal breeding (horses and dogs. But I can't stand the dogs...), and computer programming. I'm learning Java at the moment. I can do a few things with it, not much though.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I'm a copy editor presently, a college student, and I get a small amount of supplemental income from my book.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Hobbies: video games, roleplaying, writing

Job: job? I have a job? WHOA! I did not even know that
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Searif Bogard wrote:Hobbies: video games, roleplaying, writing

Well then. You better get to work because you're late!!! :wink:
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Figarou wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:Hobbies: video games, roleplaying, writing

Well then. You better get to work because you're late!!! :wink:
uh oh! I might get fired! :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Searif Bogard wrote:uh oh! I might get fired! :lol:
And that's the one and only reason I'm hesitant to pursue a career writing or performing. I don't know if I could handle it if someone told me their not going to let me do either for them anymore. :wink: :P

Oh, and since I forgot it counted as a job: I'm a full-time English major at Bridgewater State. The college I mean, not the correctional facility.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:D Student Zookeeper. I want to work in a zoological park for some years then maybe move onto field research. Hopefully with wolves...
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Re: An excess of parentheses

Post by Celestialwolf »

Reilune wrote:(Pyrotechnician! Then I'd get to set things on fire and blow them up for a living!)
That reminds me! I'm also a crazy pyroImage (hobby, not by trade).
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lazywolf wrote:Image
Hey bud...Gotta light? :D
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Lazywolf wrote:
Reilune wrote:(Pyrotechnician! Then I'd get to set things on fire and blow them up for a living!)
That reminds me! I'm also a crazy pyroImage (hobby, not by trade).
Ha, me too! Other hobbies include primitive technology, computer science, science (mostly chemistry), paintball, the list goes on...
As for a job, I'm really not sure, I'm looking for one now and I'd like to keep food service as a last resort, but I don't think I'll get very many other offers since I'm 16 and I've never had a job before. For a career, I really don't know. Something that has to do with one of my hobbies would be nice.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

My current study is photography. My hobby's are: videogames, drawing, making my radio-show, and playing guitar.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm a crafts vendor, I make fantasy hardwood stick horses and walking sticks. Though right now, I need to replace a crucial tool (Rotozip finally gave up the ghost :eyebrow: ) and get my energy back up. Woodworking ain't exactly something you do casually.

Pay's nothing to write home about. I lost about $300 this year and it tends to be a boom or bust enterprise. Mostly the work is more satisfying than lucrative. Crafts is such a hit-or-miss business.

I've been selling my stick horses at the Eugene Saturday Market but the economy around here has gotten *really* tight and nobody's buying anything. I'm thinking of joining the Florence Saturday Market since that city's getting more affluent and it's closer than Portland. I also plan on taking out more booths at (where else?) horse shows next season.

My hobbies include Burning Man and dressage but I developed my business up from a hobby, woodworking and crafting. I chose to do that because I was good at it, enjoyed it and could get started with minimal investment, no business loan required.
ImageImageImageImage
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Jobs:

-Department Director of Student Life and Academic Enhancement for the Student Government Association at the University of Louisiana at Monroe
-Occasional secretary for the office of The Vice President of Student Affairs
-Going to school (the reason I put it with jobs is because I receive so many scholarships that I end up with addtional money...which the school puts in my checking account).
-Chihuahua Breeding (only when I'm home though, which is hardly ever. It was way more fun when I was in high school, I got to help with dog stuff all the time. We've had chihuahuas since I was a kid, so they hold a special place in my heart. That's why I picked werechihuahua over some cooler animal).
-Also, I used to be an Emerging Scholar. Basically, you do research for a semester and the school gives you money.

Hobbies:

Truth be told, I don't really have an hobbies per se. I do whatever inspires me at the time.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I work in retail. :-/ GameStop. Pay is crap, hours are crap, it basicly bites monkey butt. I also do some commissions here and there, sell some art at a local coffee shop, that sort of thing. At least that's enjoyable. My hobbies are art and poetry.
In school for psychology. Want to be a psychologist (not psychiatrist, I don't deal with meds).
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

would have liked to go into game design, but doubt i could make it to a decent collage and earn a decent degree. My familise believe unanimusly that i am not rady for collage, so i will be enlisting for a few years. Everybody wnats me to go Air Force or Coast Guard, but i'd rather go Army or Navy. (Half the benifit of being in the military is going places, unless your in fhr f**king coast guard and end up stationed somewhere lame... like Maine.)
Would like army best, but NOBODY likes the idea that i might be dodging bullets. (for one, i wouldn't be infantry, probibly soem techy. but either way, i could see myslef getting bored on a ship for months... especially if it was something like the USS Carr...)

anyway...

Hobbies: PC Games, XBox Live, Starcraft, MTG, Battletech TCG, drawing, writing, mabie paintball, if my guns ever decide to work (i have three guns and they are ALL PERPETUALLY BROKEN!!!)
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Phoenix Ravenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sparky
Mood: Excited

Post by Phoenix Ravenwolf »

Electrical Engineering Student in AFROTC, no real job yet, though next semester i probably will.

HObbies: RP, CAD, writing, making cahin maille jewlery and armor (you want some just ask!), shooting and others....
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Anthropology and Environmental Studies major-- I'm so a student chasing a double major. Complete insanity.

My hobbies are horrificly wide ranged -- hunting, archery, tanning hides, crafts, dealing with animals, volunteering, languages, and of course lots and lots of research in everything from dog training to geology and plant studies to poisonists and the usage of toxicology... Just about a huge number of things.

And I work on a beef farm as well as with the family business, a family owned meat market.

I keep busy, to say the least. Hopefully one day I'll work for the DEC (Department of Environmental Concervation) or in a Historic Preservation field.
Kamara
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kamara »

LOL I wanna meet Ink - cause my hobbies and interests are extremely wide ranged too (I love archery, although I havent gotten to do it for quite a while)<G>

Im a stay at home mom and jewelry designer/creator.
I work in gemstone beads, quality metals (sterling to platinum) and higher quality glass beads including Lampwork artist created beads.
Almost everything I make is one of a kind.

Ive done security, worked for an armored car company. did gov. secret clearance stuff. (all very boring LOL) Worked at a hospital in the ER.
Ive trained in many things for jobs including going to a bodyguard school.
Got invited to an anti terrorist school to learn more. (Didnt get to go)
Never got to implement my training (for family reasons) - the last schooling I was going through was for my Criminology Degree which I would love to complete.
My youngest starts school next year so maybe I will go back then.

Had a brief stint as an extra on a couple of fims and got to appear in the background a couple of times on a tv series that filmed locally.
They used our ren faire tents on Don Juan DeMarco in a scene and we had to set it all up - lots of hard work for a few seconds of film LOL everyone wanted to strangle the set designer by the time we were through <EG>

Hobbies/Interests (only going to name a few)- writing (poetry and stories), photography, raising pygmy goats, shooting, Ren Faire, learning.
Raised on a ranch (still here) animals are a given. Collecting weapons. Karate (Tang Soo Do)
I want to learn how to make my own Lampwork beads.

At different times in my life Ive wanted to be a vet, study sharks, study wolves, study orcas, astronomy, astronaut, jet pilot, cop, truck driver, assassin. (Dont laugh, I have friends who think and swear this is what I really do)
:lol:

Kamara
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfu*ker upside the head...."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Ink, Kamara, we should all get together :)

Ink, My dad ran a meat plant until the local ALF cell ran him out of business. Didn't matter to them that he carried corn-fed free range beef and chicken and wanted to carry buffalo before it got fashionable, apparently...

You guys in NAHC? Life Member here...need to get through this cancer business so I can stretch me trusty old Oneida Eagle again :)
ImageImageImageImage
Kamara
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kamara »

vrikasatma wrote:Ink, Kamara, we should all get together :)

Ink, My dad ran a meat plant until the local ALF cell ran him out of business. Didn't matter to them that he carried corn-fed free range beef and chicken and wanted to carry buffalo before it got fashionable, apparently...

You guys in NAHC? Life Member here...need to get through this cancer business so I can stretch me trusty old Oneida Eagle again :)
That sucks about what happened to your Dad Grrrr.

We raised all our own beef, pigs, rabbits, turkeys, chickens, pheasants to eat, plus a large garden, fruit trees, grew our own hay, eggs from chickens etc.. My Dad grew the best vegetables. Us kids used to get to help butcher out all the meat. We had four freezers full at all times.

I was in NAHC for a bit. Didnt really think the benefits at the time were that much (this was a while back) I do need to renew my NRA membership.
I have 2- 9mm Baby Desert Eagles (the Israeli made ones) my first baby eagle was among the first 500 hundred into the country and came wrapped in a diaper with a special pin and letter LOL.
A Mossberg 500 Shotgun. A 1913 Colt .32 auto that still works well. A Marlin-55 12g. and a Marlin .22.

At one time I also owned 2- 9mm Group Ind. Uzi's, 2-.223 Colt AR-15's, an HK USP 9mm and a HK SP-89 9mm (semi-auto version of the MP-5K). And a HK Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun.
I miss them (sniffle, whine) but I was traveling a LOT a few years back and they funded my travels <G>

Kamara
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfu*ker upside the head...."