The hall of shame or just plain WHY!!!??

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

The hall of shame or just plain WHY!!!??

Post by Anubis »

we seen some messed up s*** relating to werewolves. Like butt ugly movie werewolves *cough* harry potter *cough*. and the cave man with fangs old time movie werewolf. dumb pictures, retarded TV shows episodes with werewolves, also crappy books and stories and stupid myths about them. And I'm sure some body had read or herd the most ridiculous and outrageous theories about them.

so post you think is the worst of any werewolf related material movies artwork, stories, theories their all good. stuff that makes you want to scream from the top of your lugs "WHAT THE F**K YOU WERE THINKING!!!" in their face.

Like once some one actually mixed up werewolves and vampires and he told me you can kill a werewolf with a wooded stake *smacks face in agony*

and the myth that vampires can turn into werewolves, is in my opinion one of the worst.
THE GAME

My Armory
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

reward for the worst design team for werewolves in a movie goes to the dumb frenchmen who worked on the werewolves in Underworld. THEY DESIGNED THOSE F**KING THINGS AFTER CATS!!! how stupid could they BE? they knew they were designing wereWOLVES, so how the f*** could they think that modeling them after CATS was a good idea?
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm going to nominate Cursed for "worst abuse of a great mind," and Darkwolf for "worst use of CG."

I was also tempted to nominate Harry Potter: POA for "most depressing werewolf," but seeing as Lupin takes that putrid potion every night and is an extreme chocoholic, I can let him pass off as being just really sickly for his kind.
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Were-Hyaenidae-Taur

Post by Mix Bouda-Lycaon »

Cursed for the worst 2 scenes, and 1 charcter ever to ruin possibly the greatest werewolf movie ever:

1. A werewolf 'giving the bird'
2. Werewolves walking on walls/ceilings... THIS HAS TO f*** STOP NOW!!!
3. A NOT-bald Lex Luther character...

Underworld for the worst director of telling the FX guys to NOT put fur on the werewolves, to just show off the 'anatomy'
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Darkwulf is defintaly the worst I have seen, some of the bald parts are just badly placed, in fact it shouldnt have babld spots like it did.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Now shift and give me twenty!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've agreed, based on points brought up in another thread, to be a bit more diplomatic in how I handle these sorts of things, especially where the budding or independent artist, genuinely making an effort, is concerned.

But, to the complete idiots, who mangled Cursed, who had to mangle Wes Craven's ideas like they were themselves characters in a Wes Craven movie, and then had to wad up and toss the work of Rick Baker, God Himself, in favor of a cheesy CGI shift, well... I've got limits as to how diplomatic I can be.

The team who did Underworld has a lot of talent. They just need, I'll say it again, a six week tour of duty at Goldenwolf Boot Camp.

Anubis? You want to take these yellow-bellied maggots out of my sight?!?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

"Yes, Yes i would..... DROP AND GIVE ME 20!!!" :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Were-Hyaenidae-Taur

Re: Now shift and give me twenty!

Post by Mix Bouda-Lycaon »

Scott Gardener wrote:I've agreed, based on points brought up in another thread, to be a bit more diplomatic in how I handle these sorts of things, especially where the budding or independent artist, genuinely making an effort, is concerned.

But, to the complete idiots, who mangled Cursed, who had to mangle Wes Craven's ideas like they were themselves characters in a Wes Craven movie, and then had to wad up and toss the work of Rick Baker, God Himself, in favor of a cheesy CGI shift, well... I've got limits as to how diplomatic I can be.

The team who did Underworld has a lot of talent. They just need, I'll say it again, a six week tour of duty at Goldenwolf Boot Camp.

hwlwnk Well, 'Cursed' finally did entail (hehe, I said tail...) a FIRST for werewolf movies... the paws bursting out of his shoes... and it was the best werewolf scene EVER.

Also... the were-dog was a kickass part in Cursed, and a first for werewolf movies as well.

Yet, comparison rate is low for there is only 1 therianthrope movie for every 50,000 vampire ones. *growls*
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

I hated Cursed. The only part I did like was when you saw the paw under the car.

Everything else....Well it was like the movie suddenly got ill and became half dead. And the viewers got stuck standing over it poking it with a stick.
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

to tell the truth i didn't like the way they looked in underwold. to much mike hairless rats. but then again you can over do it oike in the Howling (s). then they look like extreamly hait pupets.
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Now shift and give me twenty!

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:The team who did Underworld has a lot of talent. They just need, I'll say it again, a six week tour of duty at Goldenwolf Boot Camp.

:lol:

To better explain why Cursed absolutely sucked, I think it might also be worthwhile to give Christina Ricci a "Spoiled Brat" award. No doubt in my mind they casted her based on her performance in Monster and were hoping for a similar ammount of effort, but you can tell from the behind-the-scenes extras in the DVD that Ricci had absolutely no intention of acting. On the contrary, I think she may have intentionally acted badly.

And now some more obscure awards: Fangface gets honorable mention for being the first to implement a werewolf hero, but the award for "Werewolf of the Month" goes to Mighty Max: Werewolves of Dunneglen for depicting werewolves as humans and with a halfway-decent werewolf design (none of this neanderthal or shaved monkey B.S.).

Hopefully Freeborn will contend for that award next year. :D
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

Hey Anubis.... you CAN kill a werewolf with a wooden stake....
You'll have to take you time though :lol:

But seriously, Movies get a lot better if you just switch off your brain...
I have never seen a fully satisfactory image/concept combination

Of course, after some three or four such failures, I just gave up altogether.... So from then on Weres like in Underworld, Von hesling and stuff became really nice to see....